1000's Of Fords For Sale
    • Get Your Club gear
      Get Your Club gear
    • Join Premium & Save
      Join Premium & Save
    • Share Your Car Experience
      Share Your Car Experience

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

MartynS

Power Outlet Cover

10 posts in this topic

Looking at the photos of the new Fiesta I keep being drawn to the cover over the 12v power socket which I think looks much better than the current one (simple things please simple minds!). Anyone got a part number or price for it as I can't find one anywhere online? There's a photo of it on the american Focus here: http://www.caranddriver.com/photos-11q2/405839/2012-ford-focus-se-sedan-12-volt-power-outlet-and-heated-seat-controls-photo-408394.

Cheers!

I noticed it straight away too when I sat in a new fiesta!

it does look a lot neater that the older model

Looking at the part numbers for a Focus (they look identical to Fiesta) it should be around £3 from Ford

focusciglighter.png

Cheers for looking that up, but I don't think they're the same unfortunately. When google image searching those part numbers they both seem to be hinged to the main socket, and also don't have that litte triangle on them. I take it you don't have access to the new Fiesta ecat or the american focus?

Cheers for looking that up, but I don't think they're the same unfortunately. When google image searching those part numbers they both seem to be hinged to the main socket, and also don't have that litte triangle on them. I take it you don't have access to the new Fiesta ecat or the american focus?

I don't unfortunately, what images did you find as I can't get any of the socket from Googling those numbers?

I'm not too sure what I saw now tbh as I can't find the same things as before, but I'm thinking now those numbers only relate to the actual socket and not the cap. I found this link http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=374939 which shows a separate number for the cap, and I also remember seeing another post on here by Lenny listing some code which came with a hinged cap. This is so confusing!

That style cap is also fitted to the b-max

Must be Fords new standard; I've since found out it's hinged - looks like the whole socket would need replacing to get that so I've given up on the idea!

Not sure whether a hinged one would be very easy to use in the fiesta with it been recessed I might have a go if they are cheap enough