Dan The Gas Man

• FOC Supporters
  • 3,498 posts
  • Name: Daniel
  • Ford Model: Fiesta ST3
  • Year: 2014
Contributor

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:41 AM

My dealer recently adjusted my dipped beam level so that the beam is higher and what ever he's done has adjusted my main beam also which is now too high to be much good. Im guessing its the same screw that adjusts both levels (i have a fiesta mk6/angel eye projector headlamps) Obviously my dipped beam is more important than my main beam but I was wondering if it was possible/legal to wire my headlights so that the dipped beam came on at the same time as the main beam. I have seperate main/dipped beam bulbs (h1)?

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 sambooka

sambooka

Sam Oglesby

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,031 posts
  • Name: sam
  • Ford Model: mk7 fiesta tdci zetec s
  • Year: 2011

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:42 PM

My dealer recently adjusted my dipped beam level so that the beam is higher and what ever he's done has adjusted my main beam also which is now too high to be much good. Im guessing its the same screw that adjusts both levels (i have a fiesta mk6/angel eye projector headlamps) Obviously my dipped beam is more important than my main beam but I was wondering if it was possible/legal to wire my headlights so that the dipped beam came on at the same time as the main beam. I have seperate main/dipped beam bulbs (h1)?

I would have said not as even if they are really pointing low down you will still dazzle people

#3 DanGersFord

DanGersFord

Dan The Gas Man

• FOC Supporters
  • 3,498 posts
Contributor

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:56 PM

No thats not what I meant sorry. What i meant was is it possible to wire the dipped beam lights to stay on when I turn my main beams on. At the moment when you flick the stalk and turn on your main beam the dipped beam turns off.

#4 DanGersFord

DanGersFord

Dan The Gas Man

• FOC Supporters
  • 3,498 posts
Contributor

Posted 03 January 2013 - 11:30 PM

I would have said not as even if they are really pointing low down you will still dazzle people

No thats not what I meant sorry. What i meant was is it possible to wire the dipped beam lights to stay on when I turn my main beams on. At the moment when you flick the stalk and turn on your main beam the dipped beam turns off.

#5 Stoney871

Stoney871

Resident Peacekeeper

• Super Mod
  • 15,208 posts
  • Name: Clive
  • Ford Model: Focus mk2 1.8 TDCI Sport
  • Year: 2007
Contributor

Posted 04 January 2013 - 01:33 AM

I don't think there's a problem with that.
There's loads of cars that do that as standard.
As long as it's not dazzling everyone and isn't overloading/overheating the lights you should (hopefully) be ok.

#6 sambooka

sambooka

Sam Oglesby

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,031 posts
  • Name: sam
  • Ford Model: mk7 fiesta tdci zetec s
  • Year: 2011

Posted 04 January 2013 - 02:38 AM

Ah I see what you mean you may have a problem with them getting to hot and blowing quicker than normal but other than that I don't see a problem

#7 5t3v3

5t3v3

Ummmmm............

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts
  • Name: Steve
  • Ford Model: 2006 Black Fiesta ST
  • Year: 2006

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:32 PM

Hey Dan, just a quick question. Have you fitted HID's to your car?

#8 DanGersFord

DanGersFord

Dan The Gas Man

• FOC Supporters
  • 3,498 posts
Contributor

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:47 PM

No I haven't why?

#9 b1g_dav3

b1g_dav3

Ford Enthusiast

• 2,518 posts
  • Name: David
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec S TDCi
  • Year: 2013
Contributor

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:49 PM

Because you should! *awaits half the forum to dive on me about HID's*

#10 Stoney871

Stoney871

Resident Peacekeeper

• Super Mod
  • 15,208 posts
  • Name: Clive
  • Ford Model: Focus mk2 1.8 TDCI Sport
  • Year: 2007
Contributor

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:53 PM

Because you should! *awaits half the forum to dive on me about HID's*

;)

#11 DanGersFord

DanGersFord

Dan The Gas Man

• FOC Supporters
  • 3,498 posts
Contributor

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:57 PM

Id like HIDs cus as you can see in my display picture my angel eye rings have got abit of a blue tint to them and I havent been able to find any normal bulbs that are anywhere near matching them. If I was gona fit them id want to do it right though ie with the headlamps washers etc and it just sounds too much hassle to be honest

#12 b1g_dav3

b1g_dav3

Ford Enthusiast

• 2,518 posts
Contributor

Posted 04 January 2013 - 11:00 PM

Yeah... Nobody bothers with the headlight washers and the levellers, hence why most of the forum jump on HID's.

Only thing is do you have projectors? Because no projectors and I wouldn't recommend them at all, they're horrible.

You'd be looking at 6000K with a good quality kit, or 5000K with a poor kit to match up the halo's probably.

#13 DanGersFord

DanGersFord

Dan The Gas Man

• FOC Supporters
  • 3,498 posts
Contributor

Posted 04 January 2013 - 11:14 PM

Well the mk 6 fiestas already have auto levelling so it'd just be the washers realy. Ive been wondering about those- could the washers be hooked up to the windscreen washer hoses rather than fit a seperate pump etc? My headlights are projectors but halfords are selling my headlights and it says on their website not suitable for HID's :/ id go for a decent set if I was going to have them

#14 DanGersFord

DanGersFord

Dan The Gas Man

• FOC Supporters
  • 3,498 posts
Contributor

Posted 04 January 2013 - 11:19 PM

http://www.halfords....72447&langId=-1

Thats my headlights

#15 b1g_dav3

b1g_dav3

Ford Enthusiast

• 2,518 posts
Contributor

Posted 04 January 2013 - 11:22 PM

Not suitable for HID's because they're Halogen projectors, which means the don't have auto-levelling systems or the headlamp washers, or one of them is missing.

Now your problem is, the connecting of the hoses. I've gone from the pipe after the pump to the washers, and it seemed to handle it fine before fitment of the washers. I haven't finished fitting so I can't say if they'll work 100% but they seemed to have a decent amount of pressure.

I've bought 2 Focus washers, I have a headlamp levelling system and I have a set of 55W HID's with 6000K bulbs. I just need a pair of headlamps (which I'm buying next week). Honestly, it's not worth the hassle of installing levellers, but it's my pet project. Also going to install Halo DRL's I think, as I can't think of a way to make something 'Audi style' to make look anything other than horrendous. May not bother but it's a possibility.

Just wish I could fit bi-xenon's but it'd make the use of the high beam reflector completely useless :P

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users