Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Sync Track Order From Usb

russellf

Hello everyone. I found this after losing my temper with my brand new car so I thought I'd join in the chatter.

I collected my brand new kuga (motability) on Monday and popped in my usb containing all my music straight away. I then took the car for a drive to get used to it. It wasn't long before I noticed my music was all over the place. What the ...

So once I was safely home I started searching through the sync settings to try and change it. I soon lost my temper and I'm a very patient person! That's when I came inside and did an internet search and found this thread. I can not believe ford owners have been complaining about this problem for 3 years and no one at Ford has decided to sort it out! Unbelievable!

I've been reading through the options for changing it manually but as I'm a technophobe I can't get my head around it. 

Has anyone tried changing the track numbers for Aa, Ab, Ac etc? Common sense would say that would 'fool' the system?? 

Sync2 reads the track name first then the file name second and then the track numbers last.

I remove the track names then ensure that the file name has the track number included at the beginning.

This puts everything in your chosen order and works flawlessly.

Turn off gracenote and also number the album folders in your preferred album order too.

With gracenote on sync keeps trying to re-index your music which can be annoying.

Have you seen my quick guide (in my guides link when viewed on a PC?), it's straightforward, and an hours tinkering with the files on the computer saves a lot of swearing in the car.

Sent from my SM-G930F

yes, it would seem it is sorting the track titles into alphabetical first. I've just brought my usb in from the car to have a play around with some of the advice here and see if I can sort it. It's the playlists that are annoying me the most. One of my playlists has nearly a hundred tracks on it and I spent hours growing that playlist! To have ford re-arrange my amateur dj-ing skills is driving me to distraction!

I had a nissan juke before ... I hated it but I'd like to rip out the music system from the ford and replace it with the juke's ... it was so simple to use in comparison!

Thank you stoney ... I'll go and have a read of your guide and see if I can get my head around it. When it comes to computers I'm just from the wrong generation and they stress me out. My current laptop is windows 7 ... is your guide for a newer system or will it work on my system?

Hi again ... I downloaded the mp3TAG software and followed your instructions. I've just changed one playlist to start with in case I've messed it up. I'll try it out tomorrow and see if it's worked. If it has then I'll come back and change the rest of the music on the usb. Thank you and I'll let you know how I get on. So glad I found you guys :D

Glad to help.

Hopefully my guide was clear enough and reasonably techno-babble free 😎

Sent from my SM-G930F

yes, I understood most of it. I got a bit confused by what I needed to do after removing the title which is why I've only changed one file rather than messing up all of them. If the one I've changed works then I know I've followed your instructions right :) Thanks again 

• Like 1

it works!!! Wow ... so happy. I'm about to open up your guide Stoney and sort the rest of the files on my usb. Thank you so much for saving my sanity :)

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Hi guys, 

I'm a new one focus user of a 2015 ecoboost 125cv model from Paris. 

I am struggling with the same problem regarding the music on sync 2.

Today I used the guide made by Stoney 871 from the beginning to the end. 

I have plugged the USB in the car but it's still the same. All music is played from A to Z. But I do have a question. 

Do I need to put numbers like 01 02 03 and so on before each song? 

Cause I did everything beside that. Same for the ID tag, I could not find amazon on the software. 

By the way folders in my USB are organized like that

Usb= My music = cd01 (99songs inside) 

Cd02 the same... And so on. 

Thanks for your help guys! 

• 6 years later...

Press OK, select USB device, select explore device, select music, select play all. USB will now play songs in order they were recorded. 

• Sad 1

The trick is selecting explore device, which is even explained in the ford tech manual. From there if there are multiple cd's recorded it plays them in the order you chose and the song order is the same as the cd. I believe if instead of play all and album is selected it will go to that cd then play in the order of that cd also but haven't tried that yet. I was just so damn thrilled to get it to work right I haven't pulled the usb out since it has many cd's on it. Even if you have to do it for each usb if you change them it is a quick thing to do and worked on a 2021 f250

4 hours ago, gregthe said:

Even if you have to do it for each usb if you change them it is a quick thing to do and worked on a 2021 f250

Of course this thread was started in January 2013 quite a bit before a 2021 F250 had been made 🤔