Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Got her today - eventually

Truly55

Popped down to dealers today for 10:00ish and she looked great. Problem was valeter couldn't slide drivers seat back and forth. 3 hours later (I'd gone home after 2 hours) the problem was fixed. I don't want to know what it was as it would probably depress me but it seems to work at the mo' Anyway, loving the drive and the toys. :P It's surprising sporty but the mpg is hopeless but hopefully will improve as she's only got, now, about 20 miles on the clock.

The only thing I can't get to work is the iPod. If I use a Y adapter to connect to both USB and 3.5mm jack I only get music but no data. On the window it just says Line In Active. If I use just a separate USB cable I get the data I want (eg Artist and can change tracks on the steering wheel) but no music. If I use just a separate 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable I get music but no data. It would seems to suggest that the Y adapter isn't working / compatible?

Other than that the car is great and the wife loves it. She still doesn't really think it's her car. :)

Popped down to dealers today for 10:00ish and she looked great. Problem was valeter couldn't slide drivers seat back and forth. 3 hours later (I'd gone home after 2 hours) the problem was fixed. I don't want to know what it was as it would probably depress me but it seems to work at the mo' Anyway, loving the drive and the toys. :P It's surprising sporty but the mpg is hopeless but hopefully will improve as she's only got, now, about 20 miles on the clock.

The only thing I can't get to work is the iPod. If I use a Y adapter to connect to both USB and 3.5mm jack I only get music but no data. On the window it just says Line In Active. If I use just a separate USB cable I get the data I want (eg Artist and can change tracks on the steering wheel) but no music. If I use just a separate 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable I get music but no data. It would seems to suggest that the Y adapter isn't working / compatible?

Other than that the car is great and the wife loves it. She still doesn't really think it's her car. :)

YAY :) Congrats :)

Pictures please :)

Good news that your wife is happy. I remember reading a post on this forum about someone getting line in active with the Y adaptor. I don't think anyone was able to help him though.

Are you using the official ford Y adapter? If so have you pressed the Aux button to scroll through to "iPod" on the dash? As sometime I find it doesn't automatically select it.

Hello,

Can you get the Y cable to work in any mk7 fiesta?

I have the zetec and am currently using a 3.5mm to a 3.5mmm jack which works fine but i would like the details to come up on the screen, i know i need a y cable but how to i fix it to the car?

Also, how much are they?

Hello,

Can you get the Y cable to work in any mk7 fiesta?

I have the zetec and am currently using a 3.5mm to a 3.5mmm jack which works fine but i would like the details to come up on the screen, i know i need a y cable but how to i fix it to the car?

Also, how much are they?

Are u getting the USB in your car? If so there is a USB port next to the 3.5mm hole where you plug them both into. If thats what you mean.

There about £20 from ford parts, Should be about to get a discount if you tell them you just brought a £12,000 car from them :)

I dont have the usb port no :( i think i might be getting it free with my bluetooth though. i'll have a look on my sheet :) xx

You have to specifiy USB as I got free bluetooth and didnt get USB

You have to specifiy USB as I got free bluetooth and didnt get USB

The USB is an extra £50 im afraid. Without the USB you just plug it in with the 3.5mm jack :)

Same thing except you cant control the iPod on the car.

I dnt mind really, using a 3.5mm to 3.5mm and its fine, can change volume just not track but dont mind at all.

I dnt mind really, using a 3.5mm to 3.5mm and its fine, can change volume just not track but dont mind at all.

Thats okies then :)

Are you using the official ford Y adapter? If so have you pressed the Aux button to scroll through to "iPod" on the dash? As sometime I find it doesn't automatically select it.

That might be the issue as I'm using another manufacturers Y cable as it's more flexible than the Ford one. I've ordered a genuine Ford cable to see if that works. At least if it doesn't I can take it back. I would have thought though that a Y cable for an iPod would work in any car with USB and 3.5mm jack but it's maybe not the case.

I just want to go home now and play with her car. I haven't even popped the bonnet yet as being a bloke I feel the need to look at the engine!

That might be the issue as I'm using another manufacturers Y cable as it's more flexible than the Ford one. I've ordered a genuine Ford cable to see if that works. At least if it doesn't I can take it back. I would have thought though that a Y cable for an iPod would work in any car with USB and 3.5mm jack but it's maybe not the case.

I just want to go home now and play with her car. I haven't even popped the bonnet yet as being a bloke I feel the need to look at the engine!

Congratulations 55, you've got it at last then!

Reading your comments above, I think you would agree that it was worth the wait--I can't comment on the USB cable as I've only got standard bluetooth so mine's a jack socket which works fine with a cheapo lead I bought off Derby market!

I wasn't bothered about that side of things--it was the upgraded stereo which I wanted and you only get that with bluetooth etc.

I haven't even looked under the bonnet on mine and I've had it nearly two months--that said I took it back to Shepshed Ford today for its 1500 mile courtesy check which I'm glad to report it passed with a distinction!

This colour of ours gets loads and loads of attention--you'll notice it soon--I was stuck in traffic yesterday when this georgeous blonde pulled up alongside me and smiled at me--no hang on though, I think she was admiring the car really--never mind a bloke can dream can't he? :D

Congratulations 55, you've got it at last then!

Reading your comments above, I think you would agree that it was worth the wait--I can't comment on the USB cable as I've only got standard bluetooth so mine's a jack socket which works fine with a cheapo lead I bought off Derby market!

I wasn't bothered about that side of things--it was the upgraded stereo which I wanted and you only get that with bluetooth etc.

I haven't even looked under the bonnet on mine and I've had it nearly two months--that said I took it back to Shepshed Ford today for its 1500 mile courtesy check which I'm glad to report it passed with a distinction!

This colour of ours gets loads and loads of attention--you'll notice it soon--I was stuck in traffic yesterday when this georgeous blonde pulled up alongside me and smiled at me--no hang on though, I think she was admiring the car really--never mind a bloke can dream can't he? :D

Yeah, I know what you mean about the attention. I've had (sorry Caroline has had) lots ot attention with neighbours from even around the corner coming to have a look at the car. They are surprised to see it's a Fiesta. They all love the colour and the features. I'll have to start charging for people to sit in it as I'll make a mint. :P

Oh, b*gger........I should have thought of that........

Quite right, the guys at work have all said the same thing---what is it?

It's a Fiesta I say and they say "!Removed! hell, that's smart isn't it" or words to that effect!

I love the way it changes colour in different lights----what makes it so unique I guess........ ;)

Even the most hardened of cynics have to agree that the new fiesta is very good indeed....... :)

I ordered the Y cable yesterday and it arrived today at the dealer and, yeah, it works. I love the way you can move tracks on the steering wheel and that the song title, track number, artist, album, etc are displayed on the multifunction display. Now just to resolve the best place to put the iPod as the cable is a tad too short or a tad too long. :blink::blink:

I ordered the Y cable yesterday and it arrived today at the dealer and, yeah, it works. I love the way you can move tracks on the steering wheel and that the song title, track number, artist, album, etc are displayed on the multifunction display. Now just to resolve the best place to put the iPod as the cable is a tad too short or a tad too long. :blink::blink:

Yea i hate how its just in the middle! just rests on the divider part! Surely ford tested the cable in a car so they must have noticed this???