16 replies to this topic

#16 Truly55

Truly55

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 163 posts
  • Ford Model: Hot Magenta Titanium 1.4 with Tech Pack

Posted 07 March 2009 - 07:25 PM

That might be the issue as I'm using another manufacturers Y cable as it's more flexible than the Ford one. I've ordered a genuine Ford cable to see if that works. At least if it doesn't I can take it back. I would have thought though that a Y cable for an iPod would work in any car with USB and 3.5mm jack but it's maybe not the case.

I ordered the Y cable yesterday and it arrived today at the dealer and, yeah, it works. I love the way you can move tracks on the steering wheel and that the song title, track number, artist, album, etc are displayed on the multifunction display. Now just to resolve the best place to put the iPod as the cable is a tad too short or a tad too long. :blink: :blink:

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#17 Nipz

Nipz

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,052 posts
  • Ford Model: Ford Fiesta Zetec MK7
Posted 07 March 2009 - 07:52 PM

I ordered the Y cable yesterday and it arrived today at the dealer and, yeah, it works. I love the way you can move tracks on the steering wheel and that the song title, track number, artist, album, etc are displayed on the multifunction display. Now just to resolve the best place to put the iPod as the cable is a tad too short or a tad too long. :blink: :blink:

Yea i hate how its just in the middle! just rests on the divider part! Surely ford tested the cable in a car so they must have noticed this???

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users