Photo

So Who Has Done An Lpg Conversion For Ford Focus?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Mikoyan

Mikoyan

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Ford Model: Ford Focus

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:01 PM

Hi guys,

Just wondering if anyone has done or had done an lpg conversion on their ford focus?

I have a FF 1.6 and trying to weight up the pros and cons of it, and also wondering how the fit is in the Ford Focus?

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 Mike77

Mike77

Too much time on the boards

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 854 posts
  • Name: Mike
  • Ford Model: Fiesta 1.6 TDCI Titanium
  • Year: 2008

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:33 PM

Had a couple of lpg kits fitted to cars in the past, never to a focus though. Can't see it being a problem though, straight forward enough. I would say with lpg kits, you get what you pay for, so don't just opt for the cheapest kit. The tank for the gas would probably go in your spare wheel well, so you need to leave the spare in the boot, possibly buy a space saver. The kits have come a long way over the last few years, and are now near enough equal in terms of power and mpg. And at 70p per litre, almost half the cost of petrol. The thing you need to weigh up is the initial cost of the kit, and fitting. You will need a certificate to prove its safe, most insurance companies will insist on this. You will normally break even cost wise, in a couple of years. So if your thinking of changing cars in the next 3 years, its not worth bothering with. Running wise, if anything, my cars were smoother on gas than petrol, and never had any problems with it, other than minor set up issues, bit the fitter soon had that sorted. All in all, I would recommend an lpg conversion. Especially if your planning on keeping the car, and cover a lot of miles.

#3 Stoney871

Stoney871

Resident Lawman

• Super Mod
  • 12,838 posts
  • Name: Clive
  • Ford Model: Focus mk2 1.8 TDCI Sport
  • Year: 2007
Contributor

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:10 PM

Agreed.
I haveta mate that has two LPG converted Chrysler people carriers and it took about two years to cover costs and see the financial benefits.
One thing you may want to do before going ahead is locate all the LPG supply sources in your predicted travel area to ensure it's readily available.

#4 artscot79

artscot79

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,728 posts
  • Name: arthur
  • Ford Model: focus mk2 ti-vct
  • Year: 2006

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:25 PM

the focus notoriously does not like lpg conversions and they run like a bag of sxxxe thats from people who did have it done and had nothing but problems from then on in to the point the sold it

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users