Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Space Saver Tyre

Lenny

Hi all,

Ive got a question regarding the spare tyre well in the mk2 and mk2.5 focus from 2005-2011

If anyone has a mk2 or mk2.5 focus,

With the standard space saver tyre kit,

Could you please take a picture of it, or tell me if their is a sheet of wood that sits over the space saver to level out the boot area before the carpet covers the area?

Reason im asking is:

Ive got a full size spare tyre with boot raiser kit,

So the tyre sits flush with the polystirene surround and doesnt require any sheet to level the boot.

But im now removing the 205/55/R16 spare wheel and boot raiser kit and i will be left with an empty tyre well in the centre,

So i want 5o know if ford supply a cover to sit over the tyre well on the models with the space saver tyre.

Thanks.

i have a space saver, , no polystyrine, but my carpet has a wodden/ply panel underneath it to level boot out....

dont know if these any help, just taken sorry for quality...

SAM_2354_zpsc0b8b567.jpg

SAM_2353_zps9c53ec9e.jpg

SAM_2352_zps43757406.jpg

SAM_2351_zps1d9653b2.jpg

last pic is self explanatry lol

My 2.5 2009 estate has the space saver wheel + polystyrene packing and a stiffener built into the carpet.

dont know if these any help, just taken sorry for quality...

SAM_2353_zps9c53ec9e.jpg

last pic is self explanatry lol

My 2.5 2009 estate has the space saver wheel + polystyrene packing and a stiffener built into the carpet.

Thanks alot guys,

Ive now learned that i have the same base to hold the jack and wheel brace as those with the space saver,

But my wheel support that screws in to the base gripping the wheel; the one i have is longer than others,

So ill need to provide that along with the full sized spare kit when selling.

And just to confirm,

Martin is your carpet stiff in centre area capable of supporting a load if the tyre well was empty?

Thanks very much lads.

When u said boot raiser I thought of the filling that goes around the wheel for some reason lol...... it's sturdy but unsure about weight..... how much we talkin? I'll check now for ya mate

just being to check, a little weight yes, but not toooo much as it does have some give, but i was pressing quite hard tho.....

would be best if weight was spread out..... if you carry quite a bit may i suggest some ply as a temp floor

just being to check, a little weight yes, but not toooo much as it does have some give, but i was pressing quite hard tho.....

would be best if weight was spread out..... if you carry quite a bit may i suggest some ply as a temp floor

Thanks for all the help mate,

The plan is to remove everything from the boot regarding the spare wheel except for the jack and wheel brace.

Ive been out to investigate my full size spare wheel configuration.

And ive found that the floor carpet is different compared to those with the space saver.

So when selling the full size spare boot kit it will be:

+ boot carpet

+ wheel support bolt

+ two polystyrene sections

So ill require a boot carpet from a 5 door hatch to fit the boot floor instead of the existing one,

And ive been looking at a polystyrene insert from ford to fill the tyre well and id support in the boot floor.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Genuine-Ford-Focus-RS-Luggage-Compartment-Insulator-1226663-/360495245368?_trksid=p2045573.m2042&_trkparms=aid%3D111000%26algo%3DREC.CURRENT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D27%26meid%3D4705499006615411402%26pid%3D100033%26prg%3D1011%26rk%3D1%26sd%3D360495245368%26

Its never as easy as it seems lol seems true now in this case less costs more..

looks good does that lenny, will there be enough room for brace, jack etc..... if your not keeping the wheel, why the jack? i have 2 cans of tyre weld lol. i keep threatening the misses with 1 most the time lmao

That does look good lenny, will there be enough room for brace, jack etc..... if your not keeping the wheel, why the jack? i have 2 cans of tyre weld lol. i keep threatening the misses with 1 most the time lmao

Lmao that would be an awfull death lol saw it on an episode of CSi once, where a guy was killed by a can of expanding foam, not a fan of csi but the idea scared me and has stuck in my mind since then lol

Now back to the topic,

I should have that polystyrene plug to fill the boot space, on thursday or friday of this week, i purchased it yesterday so hopfully it fits snug.

Not sure if it will allow the jack and wheel brace to fit underneath it,

And i was thinking of continuing to carry the wheel brace and jack encase i got a puncture and i was close to a repair shop.

But the chances of that happening are less than 50% lol

So i could leave them out completly and if the polystyrene part is a solid piece,

Im thinking of using the dremil to bore a custom fit space in the top of it to house a tyre weld compressor kit or like you; two bottles of foam.

Update on the boot space,

Ive purchased a boot tyre well filler pad from ford. Cost 10.00GBP RRP.57.86 according to the invoice from ford but plenty available from them brand new for 10GBP

Its designed for the mk1 RS Focus and has two built in pockets to house a bottle of ford foam and the compressor.

It also brings the boot space up flush with the carpet and weighs less than 700g

IMG_20130111_095854.jpg

IMG_20130110_154154.jpg

IMG_20130110_160218.jpg

IMG_20130110_160057.jpg

IMG_20130110_160242.jpg

Just need to purchase a boot mat now and list the full size spare kit for sale.

IMG_20130110_160148.jpg

that looks sweet lenny, and wat a good find like earlier stated...... didnt realise how much foam you had in your boot lol..... i just keep my tyre weld in the side pocket of the boot... on the other side i have injector cleaner and some spare mixed washer jet fluid....... you never know lol....

that looks sweet lenny, and wat a good find like earlier stated...... didnt realise how much foam you had in your boot lol..... i just keep my tyre weld in the side pocket of the boot... on the other side i have injector cleaner and some spare mixed washer jet fluid....... you never know lol....

Thanks mate,

I now have a can of Holts tyre foam, it fills up to a 16" wheel so im thinking of purchasing a ford tyre compressor to fit in to the designated section of the new polystyrene section.

I can hear the exhaust slightly more now that the full size spare kit has been removed, and the boot is a bit deaper.

I need to get a few more pictures of it and list it for sale.

or maybe save for when you sell the car? i still have stuff from our first impreza almost 5 years ago what i changed lol. i must just be a horder lmao

or maybe save for when you sell the car? i still have stuff from our first impreza almost 5 years ago what i changed lol. i must just be a horder lmao

I dont ever intend on selling the car lol i want to be burried with it.

Ive got the chrome headlights and a rear wiper arm, keeping them but not much point keeping the spare kit.

Cant go wrong with impreza parts though, they are always a welcome item on sale.

• Like 1

true.. the misses has got me selling my sub and amp, ive just not posted it up yet lol...... she says im middle aged, i say im fooking 30!!!!!!!11 she says ur getting old........ i say u want a slap lmao....

She says we got the focus for the boot and economy....... i say so what, my car i can fit it in anyway....

she says with the dog in the boot i say ooooooohh fook..... end of convo she wins again lol

true.. the misses has got me selling my sub and amp, ive just not posted it up yet lol...... she says im middle aged, i say im fooking 30!!!!!!!11 she says ur getting old........ i say u want a slap lmao....

She says we got the focus for the boot and economy....... i say so what, my car i can fit it in anyway....

she says with the dog in the boot i say ooooooohh fook..... end of convo she wins again lol

Lol ah i used to listen and argue when i was in love too lol now i dont put forward any modification plans to be subjected to ridicule lol

I used to have a sub system in my last car and considering fitting a pioneer twin 10" flat sub in the focus. Takes up very little space just 2"tall

i used to have 2 12" in the scoob, with 3 amps and a 5 farad powercap..... etc.... then she moaned so i did a custon install and fibered glassed them into each corner of the boot, so i had all boot to play with still.... she moaned about that... so i down sided to 1 12" which got used for approx 3-4 mth then sold the scoob..... i said i want to fit it again, that when she said no.... ive been looking at the 1's for under seat but doubt it will have the same out come as what i have here...

i used to have 2 12" in the scoob, with 3 amps and a 5 farad powercap..... etc.... then she moaned so i did a custon install and fibered glassed them into each corner of the boot, so i had all boot to play with still.... she moaned about that... so i down sided to 1 12" which got used for approx 3-4 mth then sold the scoob..... i said i want to fit it again, that when she said no.... ive been looking at the 1's for under seat but doubt it will have the same out come as what i have here...

Jesus mate a 5 fared power cap is like a pringles tin but i wouldnt like to get a tickle off of it lol

Salsheikh had links to custom built sub box's for the focus that come pre coverd in carpet to match interior and fit in to the space on each side between the arch and boot door. Just need to fit amps some place then.

See here:

And here:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150977571137

have just emailed them, lets see what they say...... quite looking forward to this.... thanks lenny

have just emailed them, lets see what they say...... quite looking forward to this.... thanks lenny

No problem sir,

I didnt really help on this one, i just relayed information.

had a reply, they said it can be done for free, they need the car 9-5 wich i think is a little sus???

had a reply, they said it can be done for free, they need the car 9-5 wich i think is a little sus???

It does say in the listing, if they dont have your car shape listed then they will supply to you for free because they can then sell the design to others after creating a template from yours.

And 9-5 is a normal working day, id trust them but prior to leaving the car in with them, id drop in to the cop station close to their premises and ask the cops about them and share your concerns, they should then keep an eye but im sure its 100% secure mate.

Cost of materials would be around 50pounds to build for you, and if they sell for 200 to others then its worth doing yours for free.

just keep it unlocked, take everything out and take the key with me lol...... maybe il think about it..... tbh it sounds to good to be true...

Hi all,

Ive got a question regarding the spare tyre well in the mk2 and mk2.5 focus from 2005-2011

If anyone has a mk2 or mk2.5 focus,

With the standard space saver tyre kit,

Could you please take a picture of it, or tell me if their is a sheet of wood that sits over the space saver to level out the boot area before the carpet covers the area?

Reason im asking is:

Ive got a full size spare tyre with boot raiser kit,

So the tyre sits flush with the polystirene surround and doesnt require any sheet to level the boot.

But im now removing the 205/55/R16 spare wheel and boot raiser kit and i will be left with an empty tyre well in the centre,

So i want 5o know if ford supply a cover to sit over the tyre well on the models with the space saver tyre.

Thanks.

Why are you removing the spare wheel/ tyre, to save weight?

If you sell the spare, will you have another spare of any kind?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club