Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Damsel In Distress!

GingerSoph

Hey all,

I've got a 10plate Ford Fiesta Zetec S (white) 3dr with the "Individual" blue leather interior and a whole load of extras including the bluetooth, trip computer, automatic wipers/lights, USB, heated windowscreen, (I think 17") alloys, folding electric wingmirrors, 39300 miles, just about to get a service on it and stick an MOT on it for good measure.

I cant sell the damn thing!!! the dealers keep saying thats its a really "special"/"saught after" car but wont give me a reasonable price for it and ive had no interest privately.

I desperately need to sell it as I have a baby now and 3drs are not practical and I want to clear the finance so I can buy a 5dr. Any ideas of anywhere/anyone who would be interest? Its a cracking car and I would keep it if I didnt have my little fella.

Any help would be very appreciated!

Sophi

Mine sold on eBay but did take a month.Where have you tried so far and how much was it advertised for?

What have the dealer offered you part-ex value?

thanks maybe I'll try eBay. I've not put it on autotrader but on other free websites. did u try autotrader? I'm asking for £7500. which apparently is way under what its worth, but I'm not sure. any ideas? I didn't check the part exchange value as they said it would be way under what I would expect.

Try Parkesr price guide , to see how much it's worth private sale , then add a few Hundred on for the extras on it and conditon.

Auto trader is good , but watch out for the spam posts and fake buyers , only sell it face to face with people with you and never let them test drive it on thier own.

Don't bother with any of the "we buy any car" they are rip off .

Parkers Price guide 2010 fiesta Zetec S

Original Price

More info£15,613

yours has 39,000 , this price is based on 30,000 , so with your extras i would price it Private at about 8,300 because of the extra milage.

It's £15 to list a classified on eBay motors for 28days.

I'd say £7,500 is a very good price. I recently sold mine for £8,800 (though it was a diesel model)

You can try that if you wish.

I had a classified ad but it allowed people to send an offer for me to consider. You don't pay any fees on the classified (only the £15 listing fee) whereas an auction you'll pay depending on how much it sells for.

yeah its £35 fixed. ive put it on there. hope it goes. thanks for all your help really appreciate it. x

Get a few more photos on your listing if you can, and don't think I'm being cheeky but it could do with a clean in the photos too ;) don't want mud over the paintwork & dirty carpet.

Did you put a reserve on it? I would have suggested Pistonheads (great especially for anything with any performance). My Seat Leon Cupra sold on there but the guy that bought it said he saw it on all the sites I had it advertised on.

I started the bidding a 7500 because that's the least I would want and someones placed a bid at that price so hopefully it might go for more. got 5 watchers. we will see what happens - its worth more so hopefully. + I'm spending a couple of hundred getting it serviced and MOT'd.

You will get a lot of time wasters on eBay when selling a car so beware, best of luck anyway :D

• 2 weeks later...

u were right about the time wasters! got my hopes up with the one bid -tradecarsltd...sounded like a company but didn't contact me after auction ended. sent invoice and 2 messages. really frustrating as I really need it to go. I've had it MOT'd and serviced as well now. I've put it on Autotrader :(

That's weird. That user is no longer registered and hasn't had any feedback since Jan 2005.

Anyway, really sorry to hear that. I know it can be a really stressful time selling cars, and the market has declined somewhat. Luck is on your side with this one though as I believe it's still in the top 5 most popular cars in Britain.

Can I just point something out which is going to hurt a little I'm afraid - The ad is a little bit like reading your life story and less about the facts of the car. Whilst a buyer may be sympathetic at the time, they ultimately are looking for the right car for the right price. I'd remove some your personal detail, and add some more about the car. If you can afford to get the fog lamp fixed, do so as it's one less thing to put a buyer off the car and less of a bargaining chip for them. I'd also remove the fact that you're open to offers. Buyers won't offer you the asking price anyway, especially at first, unless you get a buyer who isn't used to haggling or just wants to secure the vehicle quickly.

Please don't take the advice the wrong way; I'm simply trying to assist you in selling your car. And best of luck! :)