Too much time on the boards

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 956 posts
  • Name: Marc
  • Ford Model: Audi A3
  • Year: 2014

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:08 PM

You will get a lot of time wasters on eBay when selling a car so beware, best of luck anyway :D

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#17 GingerSoph

GingerSoph

• Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:49 PM

u were right about the time wasters! got my hopes up with the one bid -tradecarsltd...sounded like a company but didn't contact me after auction ended. sent invoice and 2 messages. really frustrating as I really need it to go. I've had it MOT'd and serviced as well now. I've put it on Autotrader :(

#18 Chester

Chester

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
  • Name: Chester
  • Ford Model: StreetKa
  • Year: 2004

Posted 20 January 2013 - 08:09 AM

That's weird. That user is no longer registered and hasn't had any feedback since Jan 2005.

Anyway, really sorry to hear that. I know it can be a really stressful time selling cars, and the market has declined somewhat. Luck is on your side with this one though as I believe it's still in the top 5 most popular cars in Britain.

Can I just point something out which is going to hurt a little I'm afraid - The ad is a little bit like reading your life story and less about the facts of the car. Whilst a buyer may be sympathetic at the time, they ultimately are looking for the right car for the right price. I'd remove some your personal detail, and add some more about the car. If you can afford to get the fog lamp fixed, do so as it's one less thing to put a buyer off the car and less of a bargaining chip for them. I'd also remove the fact that you're open to offers. Buyers won't offer you the asking price anyway, especially at first, unless you get a buyer who isn't used to haggling or just wants to secure the vehicle quickly.

Please don't take the advice the wrong way; I'm simply trying to assist you in selling your car. And best of luck! :)

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users