Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lighting Issues With Dipped Beam...help!

londonarsenal

Hi all, a quick question if you could be so kind to help. I have a mk2.5 Focus Zetec S and recently I changed the factory fitted bulbs in the headlamp (side lights, dipped and main beam) to bright white/hint of blue xenon bulbs.

The side lights look great as you can see from the photo, as too do the main beams. My concern is with the dipped beam...when the dipped beam is on, it is very noticeable from not too much of a distance away that the driver side lamp is brighter and more "white" than the passenger side. I went back to the shop where I purchased the bulbs from and the fella who worked there said to me that the driver's side beam will inevitably be brighter as the bulb is pointing straight on to help with driver visibility and the passenger side beam is pointing down towards the road to light the road ahead and make it clearer.

Now I have no idea whether this is true or not, I am leaning towards that it isn't!...I don't really know what I need to do here, so please if you Focus gurus could shed some light on this...excuse the pun! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1st photo: side lights only

2nd photo: side lights and full beam

3rd photo: side lights and DIPPED BEAM

post-37557-0-65135800-1357502333_thumb.j

post-37557-0-46111300-1357502358_thumb.j

post-37557-0-97750400-1357502468_thumb.j

The guy is absolutely right.

The nearside light points towards the left of centre so as to illuminate the kerb/gutter etc.

That's the reason why when driving on the continent you have to use beam adjusters or on some cars you have a lever on the lights to physically change the beam pattern.

Thanks for your prompt reply. In that case should there be a lever on the light fitting which i can adjust so they both shine at the same level?

I would suggest that you make sure that you have seated the bulb correctly in the holder and if you have and are still concerned then you could ask your friendly MOT centre to check the alignment of your headlights....takes only all of 5mins as I had mine checked on Friday as well.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club