Dan The Gas Man

• FOC Supporters
  • 3,498 posts
  • Name: Daniel
  • Ford Model: Fiesta ST3
  • Year: 2014
Contributor

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:04 PM

So what generally happens if you get pulled up for them?

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#17 b1g_dav3

b1g_dav3

Ford Enthusiast

• 2,514 posts
  • Name: David
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec S TDCi
  • Year: 2013
Contributor

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:28 PM

You get told off, told to go to an MOT station after you've rectified the problem, small fine; not worth it to most traffic cops, you're not speeding :P

In fairness, most MOT station's don't give a crap and will just sign it off anyway knowing you'll just put them back in, so take your money and that's it. Probably another reason you won't get pulled.

#18 Stoney871

Stoney871

Resident Peacekeeper

• Super Mod
  • 14,471 posts
  • Name: Clive
  • Ford Model: Focus mk2 1.8 TDCI Sport
  • Year: 2007
Contributor

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:30 PM

For safety as well as environmental reasons, the law has created a number of regulations governing the construction and use of vehicles. Although many of these relate to the manufacture of vehicles and should not concern the motorist, others have to do with the condition of the vehicle, when it is used

It is important to realise that offences can be committed even if the motorist is not aware that a specific breach of the regulation has occurred. Thus it is not a defence to a charge of using a vehicle with faulty brake lights to say that you were not aware that they were not working. The motorist is expected to check that all is in order before setting off. The most common offences are the following:
  • Using a vehicle in a dangerous condition
  • Using a vehicle with faulty brakes
  • Using a vehicle with defective tyres
  • Using a vehicle with faulty/non compliant lights

In cases where the defect in a vehicle was minor the police used to give verbal warning to the driver and ask them to put the defect right. However, since the introduction of the Vehicle Defect Rectification Scheme (VDRS), the police have been able to require the motorist to put the defect right in order to avoid a prosecution. The scheme is voluntary. It involves the police giving the motorist a form, which sets out the defect. The motorist must rectify the defect and submit the vehicle for inspection by an approved garage. The result of the inspection is endorsed on the form, which must be returned to the police within 14 days; otherwise the motorist will be prosecuted.
However if your vehicle's condition is so bad that it is considered dangerous your licence will be endorsed with penalty points and your vehicle could be impounded

#19 DanGersFord

DanGersFord

Dan The Gas Man

• FOC Supporters
  • 3,498 posts
Contributor

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:40 PM

Cheers Clive is it? :) my car is immaculate safety wise I check everything before I leave just out of habit realy because ive got to do with the works van

#20 b1g_dav3

b1g_dav3

Ford Enthusiast

• 2,514 posts
Contributor

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:42 PM

Safety? Oh dear.... I have 2 sharks and a tiger in my car.

#21 DanGersFord

DanGersFord

Dan The Gas Man

• FOC Supporters
  • 3,498 posts
Contributor

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:45 PM

Yeah me to but they wear seatbelts ;) lol

#22 b1g_dav3

b1g_dav3

Ford Enthusiast

• 2,514 posts
Contributor

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:46 PM

Tbh there's so much crap in my car I'd probably kill myself in an accident, really needs a good clean.

#23 Stoney871

Stoney871

Resident Peacekeeper

• Super Mod
  • 14,471 posts
  • Name: Clive
  • Ford Model: Focus mk2 1.8 TDCI Sport
  • Year: 2007
Contributor

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:53 PM

If a Traffic officer is having a 'bad day' you can even get a rectification notice for an empty wash bottle or a loose battery.

#24 DanGersFord

DanGersFord

Dan The Gas Man

• FOC Supporters
  • 3,498 posts
Contributor

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:53 PM

Im a pure clean freak I like mine spotless lol. That reminds me ive got a leak in my boot n my carpets starting to stink :/ gona need to seal around my brake light

#25 McNeil

McNeil

• Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:00 PM

No way mate I have had this horrible smell in my car that's why I been cleaning it so much we have had a lot of water and flooding around my area and I went down this road and the water came in through the bottom of the door seals and have puddles in my car so I dryer it out and clean them and scrubed the carpets with hot water and fairy liquid and it still smells have you got any ideas for me haha

#26 DanGersFord

DanGersFord

Dan The Gas Man

• FOC Supporters
  • 3,498 posts
Contributor

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:01 PM

Thats abit crap :/ worth while driving round with a full bladder incase you need to top your bottle up haha

#27 b1g_dav3

b1g_dav3

Ford Enthusiast

• 2,514 posts
Contributor

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:03 PM

If a Traffic officer is having a 'bad day' you can even get a rectification notice for an empty wash bottle or a loose battery.

I'd be screwed, my bottle always ends up empty >.< thing is though is they still need a reason to pull you I suppose. I did get pulled for having a 'leopard' in my car once though... That was interesting.

#28 DanGersFord

DanGersFord

Dan The Gas Man

• FOC Supporters
  • 3,498 posts
Contributor

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:04 PM

Use that vanish oxypower foam. Try and let the carpets dry out properly, spray the foam in all the carpets, brush it in, leave it 20mins and hoover it. Either that or take it for an interior valet lol probs easier and theyll do a better job and they should make sure its dried out properly.

#29 McNeil

McNeil

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:05 PM

Haha init well I am driving down the road at one point and the waters going over my bonet that's how high the water was on the road lol

#30 McNeil

McNeil

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:06 PM

Okay mate I will try what you did first then if that don't work then gonna take it to someone and you know if it cost a lot ?

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users