4 replies to this topic

#1 manol01

manol01

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta mk4

Posted 07 January 2013 - 06:54 AM

Good morning everybody, the drive belt of my fiesta is very noisy and my heater stays on all the time even i close the heater levers. Any ideas?

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 PubeHeed

PubeHeed

Ford Lover

• FOC Supporters
  • 115 posts
  • Name: Jamie
  • Ford Model: Mk4 Fiesta Finesse
  • Year: 1999

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:23 PM

Definatly see about getting the drive belt tightened. I had the same problem with my drive belt and soon as it was tightened the car ran fine. You running low on power?

#3 Magenta

Magenta

Serial Poster

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts
  • Name: Alan
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Mk7 Titanium 1.4 Auto - Marello
  • Year: 2009

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:41 AM

I'm afraid I don't know the answer to your heater problem but would be interested to hear any ideas. I'm not sure how it works these days. Years ago the temperature lever/knob actually operated a valve in the hot feed to the heater matrix but on later cars I've had, the lever simply moved a flap to divert the hot air and the matrix was fed all the time. With the advent of aircon/climate control I'm not sure just how the system works on our cars, I would be interested to know.

#4 manol01

manol01

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:01 AM

Good morning to all, Alan you have right, and in that way i intend to move....the story goes like this....i look the whole system more closely and found a electronic board with the heater levers goes on it and a flow control valve. With my few knowlege about electronics i check both the board and valve and see unfotunately that both of them are dead. Therefor i decided to change the filosophy of the system and make it like old days.

#5 manol01

manol01

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:08 PM

As far as it concerns the tension of the drive belt is pretty good but the problem still exist.

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users