Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Stiff gear change

Dave..57

I bought a 98 Verona 1800 recently, two careful owners service history and only 56000 miles, It's In great condition so I'd like to keep on top of things If I can.

The only thing I can fault It on Is selecting second and reverse gear, when used for the first time second gear Is a bit stiff to engage but gets easier after a while, reverse Is a bit stiff to engage permanently.

It's not really a problem but I cant see It getting any better and you do need to wiggle the stick and sometimes use a bit of force.

Is this a clutch problem or does It sound like the linkage. I have a garage and manual and I've done a bit of mechanical stuff In the past, does this sound like something I could tackle myself or something more serious.

I was paid off recently so DIY would be my best option...........Thanks.

the gear selection will get better as the oil warms up, first thing would be to check the oil level and even think about a oil change. also check the linkage for any missalignment.

the gear selection will get better as the oil warms up, first thing would be to check the oil level and even think about a oil change. also check the linkage for any missalignment.

Thanks I'll change the oil and see If It helps.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club