Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Dvd Satnav Unit Fitted (Pics)

liam-20

hey guys/girls recently bought a dvd satnav unit off eBay was a no name make so i was bit unsure but i thought oh well comes with 1 year warrenty.

so this is the unit i bought it replaces the old unit with no need for any adaptors and comes with canbus so you can still use all the steering wheel controls

DFDDBB55-6DF5-4940-96F1-C4CE2295F87F-512-0000003033486AAC.jpg

so features are

*satnav, dvd, bluetooth, aux input, rear camera input, 3g capable and front mounted micro sd card slot (free 4gb card as well)

so this was my old unit

72B42D7B-FB18-4548-A7BC-C5C9E5166404-9710-0000046A3289C170.jpg

And how the dash looks now

1E8D2B3D-6670-411D-9AB3-AF084D58622F-9710-0000046A8D6A9399.jpg

rear view camera is a real help and very clear on the screen

55180012-7719-438B-8493-B09DE782BB9A-2969-00000146EE056343.jpg

bluetooth is very easy to use and you can download your phonebook in to it

E1FA1501-C0A3-47A9-83E8-F56FF4740E20-9710-0000046A6BE22494.jpg

satnav is very good a little complicated but am used to a tomtom but overall very good

CEB0A400-41C4-4652-99CB-73F4F15386C4-9710-0000046A68C8A871.jpg

Am really happy with the unit i would give it 8/10 the only little thing ive found is the screen flickers slighty when it first comes on after its been off for a while but after 30 secs or so it stops so am not to fussed D.gif

Any comments welcome.

• Like 1

Looks neat mate :)

How is the sound quality compared with the Sony unit? Is there any chance of a night time pic to show the colour of the buttons??

Is the reverse camera one that replaces the numberplate light??

I am defo considering getting one of these, looks really smart.

That looks OEM so top marks! :)

Does look very tidy indeed mate looks OEM

Looks very neat Liam. i think they are very good value for money considering what they can do

Looks great! I've contemplated something like this in the past but for the Mk2 pre-facelift, like the one in the link below, to keep it as OEM looking as possible. Reckon selling my Sony and Parrot handsfree kit would probably get a decent bit of the price back too.

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item35b916296a

hey haz if i had to choose i would say the sony sounds better but only by a tiny bit more, yer the camera i bought seperate off eBay there are 2 types at the pre-face lift is a different design and i forgot to say the leds are red in the unit to make the rest of the car pic below

1FFC60F4-241D-466B-BF5E-CE137F726572-2969-000001683BD07054.jpg

very nice ! have you got a link for this unit might have to treat myself

Looks very nice indeed.

Couple of questions, if you don't mind:

* does it have a rear USB for connecting an iPod, and having the iPod hidden in the glovebox?

* does it have DAB for things like 6 music?

* what's the sat nav like for searching postcodes and points of interest etc?

Thanks.

hey gary this is the unit i bought if you have any more questions you could email the company as i have found them to be very helpfull not like most companys on eBay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/230888938022?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

hey pitmonster

yes it has dedicated rear socket for ipod connection you can see it on the picture below

7B3C513E-77DC-4205-A22D-B8527AC8CE79-512-000000303D24D8C8.jpg

it does not have dab which is bit ot a let down

and the sat nav is very clever what ill do tomorrow is ill do a little video of the sat nav then you can see it in action ill upload it to youtube and send you the link if you like??

Excellent post, thanks liam. Was looking at one of these for mine. If poss could you send me the youtube link also please?

Thanks

Fantastic, thanks for the reply. A video would be great!

That certainly appears to be a lot of kit for the price.

I must admit i also like the idea of one like Gary linked to, nice easy install on a MK2 with minimum modification of the wiring loom needed.

Maybe i need to reconsider my Sony 6 disc? ;)

Clive, I've read of a couple of guys on the STOC forum who only had praise for that headunit. Straight swap too, plug and play with the quadlock connector and comes with a free camera too. The one I linked is from a UK seller, so can be got for a few quid cheaper from the Far East, but I think the extra would be worth it for peace of mind in case of faults or required returns.

Liam, was just wondering as I know of quite a few people over here that would be happy to spend every weekend on Buckfast Road! The monks' brew is pretty popular amongst certain circles!

Got hammered on Buckfast on my 18th birthday.

God how i suffered.

God how i suffered.

.. WOW... you've got a good memory :lol:
  • Like 2

God how i suffered.

lol!

• Like 1

Liam, the unit looks good mate, looks like i should have got the one from the link i posted as it went really cheap but i like my dab unit and would miss this! did it come with any accessories - gps leads etc?

I'm not that old!!!!

I've only had bucksfast once when I was working in motherwell

Cant wait to see the video from Liam to see how well the unit responds, my factory fitted stereo/satnav has given up the ghost, just got back from fords and they inform me its f****d, will cost big money to repair. Just been lookinh on eBay and the cheapest replacement i can find is £300 and thats only with 3 months warranty!! May as well invest in one of these if they are any good!