Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Dvd Satnav Unit Fitted (Pics)

liam-20

I dunno how it works must be like said when ya select reverse it must pick it up once you run video cable it puts the image there bit of fiddle thou getting the cable through the rubber conduit but well worth it.

got an email now saying their not in stock and wont be until 3rd march quite gutted about

yeh i found the same, the listing now shows no items, in stock, the price has also been changed, now another £130 ontop now at £379 :o :(

Some places pump the price up almost to put buyers off ordering when they don't have them in stock, saves on their eBay fees of taking down and putting up listings I think, but they normally put on a ridiculous price. £130 extra might just be due to the recent influx of orders!

Has anyone contacted them about a group buy or forum discount maybe?

well it worked i was going to place my order this weekend, until i checked stock and then noticed the price, im awaiting a email from a-sure to see why they have changed the price, if it stays at that price i dont think ill be buying

Let us know how you get on vince as I'm in the same boat was going to place my order next week! Now the price has gone up I'm going to have to reconsider. Although there are other sellers of the same unit.

nice 1 Sam Yh looks just the same, will see what happens at weekend, either way ill be buying 1 of them haha

I mailed them asking about the price increase and if it was the same unit as the lower priced model and their reply was

"Thanks for your message and sorry for the inconvenience cause. This unit is total the same with that one you see last time. We raise the price just because this unit is out of stock temporary and we would like to stop the following order for the time being. The price will back to normal once it is available. We will inform you once it is back to stock,"- its as gforce said they seem to have run out of stock .it was nice of them to reply and offer to email when they are available

beat me to it ferret, :P i got a similar email explaining the same thing, looks like im waiting till 3/3/13

they also said this in the email

If you want to get the unit soon and you are willing to wait, you can click the "Make Offer" button at the top of this eBay listing to make an offer of GBP249.9 . Then we will accept your offer and send you an eBay invoice.

useful if somebody cant wait, as i presume it will be delivered from the warehouse in Hong Kong which can take up to 14 working days (alternative to waiting till march for the uk stock to arrive)

To anyone who has fitted one of these, how does yours power up? I have one that looks the same as the ones shown but not purchased from the same place, and it will only power up with the ignition at position 2 i.e all dash lights illuminated. Are yours the same or is there a way around this? Ideally i would like it to power on at position 1 or even without the key in (as the original did).

Sorry for the thread hijack. :ph34r:

To anyone who has fitted one of these, how does yours power up? I have one that looks the same as the ones shown but not purchased from the same place, and it will only power up with the ignition at position 2 i.e all dash lights illuminated. Are yours the same or is there a way around this? Ideally i would like it to power on at position 1 or even without the key in (as the original did).

Sorry for the thread hijack. :ph34r:

Hey Sinister,

Mine only powers up as you describe.

I know what you mean, I kinda liked the old factory sony unit features where you could power on without key in ignition and it would light up when you buzzed the key fob.

Not sure if there is anyway around this, maybe a wiring issue which is a bit beyond my scope.

I am happy I bought this unit though and to be honest its worth this small sacrifice for all the other features that come with this unit and it looks the nuts in my focus without blowing my own trumpet lol :-)

My branded pioneer unit powers up the same way too. Doesnt have an on/off button lol

When i first fitted it i had a head scratch when i went to turn it on n found no on button

like you say it would be nice to be able to use it without the key in the ignition like on the ford headunit

Hi, this stereo is fantastic to look at and seems to have some great features, i've been in touch with them also because i cant wait to get one but they're now quoting mid-march as when they will have stock back? Gutted! :/

Hey Sinister,

Mine only powers up as you describe.

I know what you mean, I kinda liked the old factory sony unit features where you could power on without key in ignition and it would light up when you buzzed the key fob.

Not sure if there is anyway around this, maybe a wiring issue which is a bit beyond my scope.

I am happy I bought this unit though and to be honest its worth this small sacrifice for all the other features that come with this unit and it looks the nuts in my focus without blowing my own trumpet lol :-)

Mine does the same also another thing it does is with the key out when I open the drivers door it powers up lol

and switches off when I close door

Anyway I'm still pleased with it tho love it ;)

Aw man this stereo looks awesome! Definitely looking to replace mine for a sat nav stereo within the next couple of months and this is the leading contender atm! Looks so good, OEM and amazing value!

This is the one you guys have bought here. But I've also seen this one here.

They both seem identical bar their looks!

I love the way the first one looks but I have a mk2 Focus and would need to replace the trim (not a problem though). Also the backing light colour is Red when the rest of the car is lit in green (stock). Would love to change the stock backing lights so that they're all red though!

Also, the second one comes with a free camera which will save money!

It's a tough choice; first one looks cooler, but second one will slot straight in and comes with a camera!

Can't afford it just yet anyway :(

the power to the stereo plugs is switched meaning the key must be in position 2 in order to power the stereo and there isnt a way round it with out causing electrical issues or running the battery flat also it should act like the original ford stereo which illuminates when the door is opened just means they did a good job at integrating it to work on the ford wiring

well i got tired of waiting, so i bought the unit today for the total price of £299.99 which i cant argue with for the features you get with it, yes id like to have paid £250 but why wait, there's no stock of silver in the UK as yet so mine is coming from Germany with a 5 day delivery so should be here by weekend i hope

Mine got sent on Saturday so hope fully will be here soon mines a replacement and they sorted my faulty unit out very quickly.

Mine got sent on Saturday so hope fully will be here soon mines a replacement and they sorted my faulty unit out very quickly.

glad to hear m8 gives me confidence if they send me the wrong 1

Replacement unit came today wahoo missed it.

35F288FB-4791-4671-84B0-5DDF889C54C1-241

• Like 1

how was your original unit faulty mate?

The screen flicked/jumped when cold but no questions ask sent unit back and replacement given.

• Like 1

thats fair enough then mate