Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Dvd Satnav Unit Fitted (Pics)

liam-20

Saw this one the other day, can't comment on it's reliability or quality in any shape or form, but seems a fair bit cheaper than some others so just thought I'd post the link in case anyone wanted to give it a try...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/7-IN-DASH-FORD-FOCUS-2007-2008-2009-2011-CAR-RADIO-DVD-GPS-TV-BLUETOOTH-USB-NEW-/150993598987?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item2327eb7a0b

Back on the pre-facelift (rectangular) ones, there was one sold second hand through auction the other day, for more than the Buy It Now price new! Some people...! I was watching it from the start hoping a bargain may have been had!

received mine in the post today,really didnt expect it to be on time, ive just noticed they are out of stock again, and subsequently the price has gone up

shame it hasnt got a android OS as you could potentially install the Torque App!

imagine if it displayed this:

20110312031808.jpg

20110307193617.jpg

20110312031744.jpg

i dunno why the 1st one is backwards!

torque2.jpg

funny you should say that, i found a obd2 elm327 cable with bluetooth that you can connect your phone to the car and use the torque app, its only £20 :)

Hi all , ive been watching this thread with great interest ...

I bit the bullet & got one of these : http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120947417467&ssPageName=ADME:X:eRTM:GB:1123

So far so good , however id like some advice on setting the steering wheel controls if anyone knows ?

Tried from the instructions but no joy so far ,the unit came with CANBUS bos which is plugged into the loom etc.

thanks in advance

I bit the bullet & got one of these : http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120947417467&ssPageName=ADME:X:eRTM:GB:1123

So far so good , however id like some advice on setting the steering wheel controls if anyone knows ?

Tried from the instructions but no joy so far ,the unit came with CANBUS bos which is plugged into the loom etc.

thanks in advance

i didn't bother changing the controls from the steering wheel, as mine worked as they were, the instructions weren't all that clear, but i presume you select the operation you want on the screen (i.e next) then hold down the button on the wheel that you would want to assign to the operation

i didn't bother changing the controls from the steering wheel, as mine worked as they were, the instructions weren't all that clear, but i presume you select the operation you want on the screen (i.e next) then hold down the button on the wheel that you would want to assign to the operation

Yes , i got that from the "wheel" menu in the setup , it has the various functions , vol + / vol - etc etc ... didnt seem to work .

Ill spend a little more time on it later and keep you posted.

I touch the screen to highlight "vol +" then on my stalk pushed the volume up button , then went to complete as theres no "next or ok" nuttin !

Looked straight forward enough but i was hoping others had the same issue tbh.

cheers

thanks in advance

had this problem with mine and it turned out to be two wires put in the wrong place.

one black and one brown where in the wrong place, i changed them on the unit end so if i ever sell the unit it will work in another focus.

have a quick look and if it turns out to be the case then it should work as soon as its put right.

had this problem with mine and it turned out to be two wires put in the wrong place.

one black and one brown where in the wrong place, i changed them on the unit end so if i ever sell the unit it will work in another focus.

have a quick look and if it turns out to be the case then it should work as soon as its put right.

Did it involve any soldering etc ?

the loom came with CANBUS box which in turn pluged into the main loom itself ... so could be wired wrongly you think ?

When i get more time ill have to take it out again & have a look around.

cheers

Did it involve any soldering etc ?

the loom came with CANBUS box which in turn pluged into the main loom itself ... so could be wired wrongly you think ?

When i get more time ill have to take it out again & have a look around.

cheers

no soldering needed, just used a very thin pin to prize down conector then slot the wire in to the correct hole.

if it is wrong you will see how to do it just by looking at it, my instructions are prety poor, sorry. :( :( :(

Does look the part good job fella, I've been thinking about getting one of theses for a while now would look nice with my black painted surround.

Sorry promised pictures. Will have them up Saturday. As evenings are dark around 6 its not giving me enough time to do it after work. Want to do a good job and be inventive fitting the microphone and GPS Antenna.

Unit looks great though. Screen is much bigger than I thought.

Another quick question ...

I just picked up the reverse camera for the unit and on the video lead ( phono/rca - phono/rca) each end also has a thin red wire with bare end .

any thoughts or ideas what this red wire is ?

thanks in advance

Another quick question ...

I just picked up the reverse camera for the unit and on the video lead ( phono/rca - phono/rca) each end also has a thin red wire with bare end .

any thoughts or ideas what this red wire is ?

thanks in advance

is your camera one of the number plate ones?

if so could it not be the power supply to light up your number plate?

billybob66 :D

I found this diagram with the 2 red wires in question numbered 1 and 2

camera.jpg

but i can say that they are not needed and you dont need to do anything with them

is your camera one of the number plate ones?

if so could it not be the power supply to light up your number plate?

billybob66 :D

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-170-Lens-Angle-Car-Rear-View-Reverse-Backup-Parking-CCD-COMS-Colour-Camera-/271004037453?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item3f1919714d

Thats the jobby , if you see it has a seperate power lead , red plug , but the 5mtr rca cable has a thin red wire offf each end not shown in piccy.. odd

cheers

I found this diagram with the 2 red wires in question numbered 1 and 2

camera.jpg

but i can say that they are not needed and you dont need to do anything with them

Bingo !

cheers

your welcome mate

All now seems easy enough , ill wire the cam off the reverse sensor box , have a faff tmrw .

Ill link to pics of the unit also

so far pretty impressive if im honest , although still no steering wheel controls i guess ill live

cheers

just to let you know, i fitted a number plate light camera n wrote up a guide on it at the time too.

a link to it can be found in my signature. it may be of use to you

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club