Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Dvd Satnav Unit Fitted (Pics)

liam-20

Thinking of getting one of these seen a few on eBay. Quick question I've noticed the mic is on the left. Do you have any problems with voice clarity etc. due it being so far away on a standard rhd car. Plus where did you mount the GPS antenna and has that ever had any problems with signal.

I have my gps ariel sat on the dash in the lower right by the windscreen no probs with pick up run the cable down the side and under the dash and up throug the radio housing i have an external mike on mine which i have wedged in between the dash and steering colume perfect pick up .

Can the standard mic in the roof console be used with this unit

hey guys, having a few issues with my unit, i found out that i couldnt insert a cd, it wont go in all the way, nor will it eject it, i have to pull it out, anyone else had this,

also it never remembers the time but only the date

hey guys, having a few issues with my unit, i found out that i couldnt insert a cd, it wont go in all the way, nor will it eject it, i have to pull it out, anyone else had this,

also it never remembers the time but only the date

Did u take the two small screws out the top that hold the cd drive safe during delivery?

no dont think so, as there was nothing underneath it i didnt think they were significant so didnt touch them

no dont think so, as there was nothing underneath it i didnt think they were significant so didnt touch them

Could be that then, mine had two little scres in the top of the unit above the drive, took them out before I fitted.

If they've used shipping screws I'm surprised they didn't have warning stickers or tabs on them.

what would they be for though? i dont remember anything saying to remove them before fitting,

Cd trays can bounce around in transit and mess up the alignment.

Older Ford6 disc radios used to have a keyhole on the top for a big green plastic shipping plug

ohrte, just downloaded the manual and cant find anything about the 2 screws, or on troubleshooting for that matter

Picture1_zpsf4137e95.jpg

think that answers the question, this was taken from a word document of troubleshooting for English which was on the sd card that came with the unit

although the unit in the picture looks like a different model so dont know if that makes any difference

could i have a link to where the unit is from please so i dont have to scroll through all the feeds :)
Thank youuuuuu

Looks smart !!

got it dont worry :)

Hi Guys,

I recently purchased one of these units http://www.erisin.com/erisin-es960f-7-hd-special-car-dvd-player-for-ford-dvbt-usb-gps_p191.html. It seems great but I have 2 issues the first and most annoying one is that I can't seem to make the head unit flush with the trim, I don't know if its to do with the abundance of wires/canbus adapter etc. Also the 2nd is the steering wheel controls work to a degree but I cant program them. I have installed 2 headrest screens and also a reverse camera (which involved drilling a hole in the boot :wacko: . but it works all the same.

any help on the above would be greatly appreciated.

cheers

mike

just and update, i got in contact with the seller and there tech support gave me great advice, the 2 screws that are in the unit should of been removed once i did remove them the cd drive worked correctly,

as for the time issue its connected within the gps settings, i have been shown how to fix it but it isnt working but now i know the what the fault is im ok with it.

on a plus note a-sure have excellent customer service

hey pitmonster

yes it has dedicated rear socket for ipod connection you can see it on the picture below

7B3C513E-77DC-4205-A22D-B8527AC8CE79-512

it does not have dab which is bit ot a let down

and the sat nav is very clever what ill do tomorrow is ill do a little video of the sat nav then you can see it in action ill upload it to youtube and send you the link if you like??

was just wondering if anyone has tried their iPod with this and what lead you need to connect the iPod to the unit. Also does the unit display what song is playing .

Cheers

IIRC the lead for the ipod comes with the unit (as i dont have an ipod i remeber giving the lead to my m8) and i think it had a 3.5mm jack socket on the other end for you to plug from your ipod

as for info being an aux in i dont see why it wouldnt show any info but i dont know

Hi guys,

Any suggestions please?

Cheers

Michael

Hi Guys,

I recently purchased one of these units http://www.erisin.com/erisin-es960f-7-hd-special-car-dvd-player-for-ford-dvbt-usb-gps_p191.html. It seems great but I have 2 issues the first and most annoying one is that I can't seem to make the head unit flush with the trim, I don't know if its to do with the abundance of wires/canbus adapter etc. Also the 2nd is the steering wheel controls work to a degree but I cant program them. I have installed 2 headrest screens and also a reverse camera (which involved drilling a hole in the boot :wacko: . but it works all the same.

any help on the above would be greatly appreciated.

cheers

mike

the ammount of wires is quite alot and could contribute to it not fitting correctly, but i do know that on either side of the unit is a square that latches behind a tab in the dash compartment (push and hear a click) then the 4 screws can go in which should make it sit flush

as for the steering controls, are they wrong? or do you want to just change them to different buttons?

Hey thanks for the info, I will try that when I reinstall it at the weekend. the steering wheel controls work i.e the volume button works but when I try to skip a track on the cd, what would normally be to skip forward, makes it skip forward on first push and then on second push it skips back the way. when I try to program the buttons no data is changing on the screen to confirm the button change.

hope that makes sense

cheers

not sure if this relates but all i know is that if i flick the back button up it goes down the list and if i flick it down then it will back up through the list

also if you are in a playlist you can change the track by rotating the right hand control knob either left or right to go up and down the list

I've only had bucksfast once when I was working in motherwell

The strangest part of this sentence is "working in Motherwell". Just doesn't seem right at all.

i have been looking at these.

so overall what do you guys think to the ones that have purchased off eBay.

i dont like buying direct from overseas but prefer to purchase from the UK.

what s the quality of the screen like do you have to press hard after a fair bit of use.

if you buy from a-sure on eBay they have a stockist in london,

as for the unit, i dont trust the satnav, however it will be useful if im ever stuck somewhere lost, as for the screen it does take some pressure but i think that is down to the ammount of sensors behind, you are supposed to use a pen which has a small surface area rather than your finger,

as for price when i bought it was £300 and i wouldnt pay nomore than that,

i swapped the 4gb sd card for an 8gb class 10 card so i can watch movies and listen to music

• 2 weeks later...

Just fitted one of these. Good piece of kit 2 slight problems though. One is the volume for sat nav instruction is very low. Played with all the settings volume is set to max for voice it cuts the music as it should but voice just seems really quiet. Is there anyway to make it louder. Second thing is the gps signal. I've mounted the antenna under the roof console. It does pick up the signal but not very stable. So I'm thinking repositioning elsewhere is the answer. A few options I'm thinking of is either behind rear view mirror but it will still be behind the black strip that is top of screen or on the dash by passenger a post. Another option I've looked at is get a genuine ford gps/ radio aerial but don't know if that can be wired to this head unit

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club