Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Dvd Satnav Unit Fitted (Pics)

liam-20

Incest? We're not that kind of forum!

LOL

mark that one your looking at on eBay is it from tipton if so this guy is a honest lad had one off him for my dads nissan note and he was showing me the focus ones they are brand new got the zenec fitted in mine so didnt buy one he told me how he gets them and there not knock off either .

hey guys so done a little video nothing to special hope it covers everything you wanted to know

• Like 1

Liam have you fitted the reversing camera ? if so whats it like to do and what it like to fit the unit just a straight swap ?

minty put a reverse camera on mine easy enougth to do if your replacing the number plate light use the live and earth off that for the light its self then the power for the actual camera i used the boot lock connection only live when hatch is closed then run the lead through the rubber into the headling along the nearside use a old metal coat hanger to feed it to the edge of the rear door then just drop the door seals and run it along down the a pillar and under the glove box .most of these replacement units seem to be just plug and play and the camera is well worth fitting imo as it saves you hitting the bollards in asda car parks lol .

it sounds really easy when you read it quickly lol !!!

theres a few things i would really love to do or should i say get done but they strike fear in me

The reverse camera is really easy hardest part is getting the video cable through the rubber conduet. It's well worth it though.

55180012-7719-438B-8493-B09DE782BB9A-2969-00000146EE056343.jpg

I park up against the wall of my house so this really helps me get it close.

A few questions...

Does the aux port in the glovebox still work with this?

Does the voice control still work? Ie, hitting the Voice button and commanding stuff?

Geez/guys jus a quick 1

How's the sound quality on this unit

I'm really interested but

I currently have a pioneer double din on standard Speakers and honest to god it sounds like i have a sub in it, mental sound quality

How would this compare please some advice would help me decide hitherto get it or not cheers in advance ;)

I think someone needs to check their predictive text or spellchecker. :D

hitherto

Lol, the 19th century want their word back :-P

Just kidding!

Where'd the OP get to?

• 1 month later...

Liam, I have installed this, will put some pics up later. Quick question, the unit button light red when I power it on, but only stay on for a few secs, they also don't come on when car headlights come on I would have expected this. Think I've fitted all the cables and canbus is connected also. also do your bluetooth contacts transfer and sort alphabetically? Cheers

that the same model im looking at buying, along with the reverse camera, i did notice on the picture of the rear of the unit it doesn't have any pre-outs (unless the cable is not in the pic)

also i have found a wireless revers camera (transmitter in the boot and receiver under the dash) and it cheaper

Hey Vince there is a seperate loom that has all the sub out pre out and aux etc this then plugs into back of the unit.

Vince,

I think the cable at the bottom in attach picture will be for the link to the reverse camera. I didnt bother with one although when I put the car in reverse the screen drops out.

Its a good piece of kit apart from the issue I'm having with the buttons not staying lit or coming on with headlamps.

Sat nav is very good, ipod works with direct control from headunit & charges via lead in glovebox, hallelujah! No more aux cable. Steering wheel control also functions volume and mode selection. Not tried calling with bt feature yet or dvd player.

This is a link video for the lighting issue I'm having with it, no internal setting for this so reckon it could be an error with wiring within the supplied loom

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9fB41BNlQI&feature=youtube_gdata_player

post-17729-0-97353600-1360876641_thumb.j

So Liam, you've had a bit of time to play with it, what's it like to live with? Any major pros and cons? Would you recommend it as an upgrade?

Liam, I have installed this, will put some pics up later. Quick question, the unit button light red when I power it on, but only stay on for a few secs, they also don't come on when car headlights come on I would have expected this. Think I've fitted all the cables and canbus is connected also. also do your bluetooth contacts transfer and sort alphabetically? Cheers

There's 2 loose orange wires and 1 that connects to the canbus box swap them about and turn your headlights on and it should do the job

I've had this unit for a week now and tbh I think it's amazing

I had a pioneer double din on it prior to this

And have lost the pioneer sound quality but have gained a sat nav and bluetooth and a humoungous screen

Excellently unit

There's 2 loose orange wires and 1 that connects to the canbus box swap them about and turn your headlights on and it should do the job

Thanks Jay Ali,

Is this something you had to change and do to yours then?

Yes there is a load of loose cabling on the wiring conenctor loom, I do happen to recall there being some loose wires (possibly they were orange) that had little black connectors on the ends. Will remove the system tomorrow and have another look. I'm impressed with the system so far.

Have you used connected your phone to the bluetooth? Do your bluetooth contacts view in alphabnetical order?

Also, want to change the background to my own, reckon I can shove some pics on the SD card maybe.