Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Dvd Satnav Unit Fitted (Pics)

liam-20

I couldn't ditch DAB out of mine, but otherwise I'd be all over this. DAB is a bit niche though so I can't see it appearing on anything like this any time soon :(

Hey sorry not been round much i agree with jay yer you lose little sound quality but you gain in other stuff satnav is great if little arkward to use untill get used to it. I fitted optional reverse camera and digital freeview and I used them both loads.

Gregg have look in the instructions you have to put the pictures on the satnav sd card a certain way but am sure I've seen it in the book.

Hmm, I think I might invest in one of these then. I have just the standard Ford Unit but with bluetooth and Voice control. Do these still work with this unit or not? Does it use the car mic or have one built it?

I bought a unit at Xmas that looks pretty much the same with the same level of functionality from www.erisin.com - they have a UK warehouse and my unit arrived the next day (ES789F). Bought the rear camera unit seperately, has guidelines to help park and doesn't have the fisheye view that some do.

What's the bluetooth quality like, does it use the car mic? Also what's the freeview like, do you have to keep retuning? As you can pickup digital radio with that can't you?

The quality ain't to bad for bluetooth. I bought seperate freeview box and used the aux in on the back of the unit.

Good stuff, can you post me the link to the freeview unit you bought.

With the bluetooth in relation to the factory standard how does it compare out of 10, this the only thing that may put me off as I use the phone so much in the car for my job.

Hey this is the item code 230888938022

I can't comment on the quality compared to standard as my Sony unit dint have bluetooth but I can't really complain about the quality at all.

This is like the unit I bought but I got mine for £40 auction 110965172828

Job done, sorted the illumination issue out, turned out to be link between orange cable on loom which had connector plugs between them and had come loose. now i can see what i'm doing at night, haha!

Thanks for the heads up on this unit liam.

post-17729-0-28673500-1361099864_thumb.j

Hey great glad it was an easy fix. Just hope get mine back soon got car meet at weekend and wanna show it off lol

My Focus has a AUX input in the glove box so i can plug my Galaxy S3 in and listen to music, how does this connect to that so I can still use it?

To be honest you won't need it has the radio has built in blue tooth so I stream music from my phone straight to the unit only down side is it dont show you what ya listing to but that don't really bother me

To be honest you won't need it has the radio has built in blue tooth so I stream music from my phone straight to the unit only down side is it dont show you what ya listing to but that don't really bother me

Ok thanks for the info

Hi Liam, just ordered all my bits!! Excited!! How's the freeview in yours? What's it like when your moving signal wise? I want mine for the digital radio, you think I need a booster arial? I'v gone for the same dvb-t unit as you:)

bought this yesterday morning how long does it usually take to arrive?

good question because the seller is from hong kong yet they have a dealer in London

bought this yesterday morning how long does it usually take to arrive?

I bought mine on the 5th Feb, they shipped it on the 6th and I received it on 11th feb.

Its a very good unit, pleased with it so far.

The sat nav is very good, little complicated to begin with and I am still trying to suss out how to change the car cursor (its set as a red mini cooper at the minute which is not good when driving a black focus...lol) but all in all a good bit of kit.

Its nice to have an ipod charging with direct control from my head unit at long last. Also has bluetooth music streaming.

Did you go for the camera as well?

If you need any help with fitting etc (as the install instructions are a little brief and not perfect english) give us a shout as I installed mine at the weekend.

Hey guys yer they are very quick to ship as they have a dealer located in uk.

The freeview is ok till get into built up area because of the high building. I got booster with pack so I can't comment on strength sorry.

Gregg have been down motorway with satnav yet I Luv the way it shows you which lane you need to be in lol am not to fussed about red mini as I like it on the overhead view. You buying a reverse camera yet??

Hey guys yer they are very quick to ship as they have a dealer located in uk.

The freeview is ok till get into built up area because of the high building. I got booster with pack so I can't comment on strength sorry.

Gregg have been down motorway with satnav yet I Luv the way it shows you which lane you need to be in lol am not to fussed about red mini as I like it on the overhead view. You buying a reverse camera yet??

Hey liam, no not yet, only local roads, that sounds good will have to have trip around the 25 then!,

I'm impressed with the unit so far and the fact that it looks factory fitted. Not sure about the camera yet will maybe look into it, does the focus canbus send a signal when reverse gear is selected as the screen goes blank on mine when reversing.