Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 258 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus 2008 1.8 petrol Titanium
  • Year: 2008

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:31 PM

Vince,

I think the cable at the bottom in attach picture will be for the link to the reverse camera. I didnt bother with one although when I put the car in reverse the screen drops out.

Its a good piece of kit apart from the issue I'm having with the buttons not staying lit or coming on with headlamps.
Sat nav is very good, ipod works with direct control from headunit & charges via lead in glovebox, hallelujah! No more aux cable. Steering wheel control also functions volume and mode selection. Not tried calling with bt feature yet or dvd player.

This is a link video for the lighting issue I'm having with it, no internal setting for this so reckon it could be an error with wiring within the supplied loom

Attached Thumbnails

• DSC_1081.JPG

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#47 Andy H Dibley

Andy H Dibley

Feet Under The Table

• Members via FB
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 313 posts
  • Name: Andy
  • Ford Model: Focus

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:47 AM

So Liam, you've had a bit of time to play with it, what's it like to live with? Any major pros and cons? Would you recommend it as an upgrade?

#48 Jay Ali

Jay Ali

Feet Under The Table

• Members via FB
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts
Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:28 AM

Liam, I have installed this, will put some pics up later. Quick question, the unit button light red when I power it on, but only stay on for a few secs, they also don't come on when car headlights come on I would have expected this. Think I've fitted all the cables and canbus is connected also. also do your bluetooth contacts transfer and sort alphabetically? Cheers

There's 2 loose orange wires and 1 that connects to the canbus box swap them about and turn your headlights on and it should do the job

#49 Jay Ali

Jay Ali

Feet Under The Table

• Members via FB
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts
Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:32 AM

I've had this unit for a week now and tbh I think it's amazing
I had a pioneer double din on it prior to this
And have lost the pioneer sound quality but have gained a sat nav and Bluetooth and a humoungous screen
Excellently unit

#50 greggp

greggp

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 258 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus 2008 1.8 petrol Titanium

Posted 15 February 2013 - 12:11 PM

There's 2 loose orange wires and 1 that connects to the canbus box swap them about and turn your headlights on and it should do the job

Thanks Jay Ali,

Is this something you had to change and do to yours then?

Yes there is a load of loose cabling on the wiring conenctor loom, I do happen to recall there being some loose wires (possibly they were orange) that had little black connectors on the ends. Will remove the system tomorrow and have another look. I'm impressed with the system so far.

Have you used connected your phone to the bluetooth? Do your bluetooth contacts view in alphabnetical order?

Also, want to change the background to my own, reckon I can shove some pics on the SD card maybe.

#51 vibeone

vibeone

Feet Under The Table

• FOC Supporters
  • 177 posts
  • Name: Mark
  • Ford Model: Focus MK2.5 2.0 TDCI
  • Year: 2009

Posted 15 February 2013 - 12:24 PM

I couldn't ditch DAB out of mine, but otherwise I'd be all over this. DAB is a bit niche though so I can't see it appearing on anything like this any time soon :(

#52 liam-20

liam-20

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts
  • Name: liam
  • Ford Model: focus st3

Posted 15 February 2013 - 12:33 PM

Hey sorry not been round much i agree with jay yer you lose little sound quality but you gain in other stuff satnav is great if little arkward to use untill get used to it. I fitted optional reverse camera and digital freeview and I used them both loads.

Gregg have look in the instructions you have to put the pictures on the satnav sd card a certain way but am sure I've seen it in the book.

#53 Andy H Dibley

Andy H Dibley

Feet Under The Table

• Members via FB
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 313 posts
  • Name: Andy
  • Ford Model: Focus

Posted 15 February 2013 - 02:58 PM

Hmm, I think I might invest in one of these then. I have just the standard Ford Unit but with Bluetooth and Voice control. Do these still work with this unit or not? Does it use the car mic or have one built it?

#54 liam-20

liam-20

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 03:18 PM

The unit has its own built in mic and Bluetooth I dunno if the steering controls will still work for the Bluetooth as I don't have it in mine.

#55 Giffer2

Giffer2

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus Econetic

Posted 15 February 2013 - 06:58 PM

I bought a unit at Xmas that looks pretty much the same with the same level of functionality from www.erisin.com - they have a UK warehouse and my unit arrived the next day (ES789F). Bought the rear camera unit seperately, has guidelines to help park and doesn't have the fisheye view that some do.

#56 samtwilliams

samtwilliams

• Members via FB
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Ford Model: Mondeo Ztec 2010

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:26 PM

What's the Bluetooth quality like, does it use the car mic? Also what's the freeview like, do you have to keep retuning? As you can pickup digital radio with that can't you?

#57 liam-20

liam-20

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:33 PM

The quality ain't to bad for Bluetooth. I bought seperate freeview box and used the aux in on the back of the unit.

#58 samtwilliams

samtwilliams

• Members via FB
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:42 PM

Good stuff, can you post me the link to the freeview unit you bought.

With the Bluetooth in relation to the factory standard how does it compare out of 10, this the only thing that may put me off as I use the phone so much in the car for my job.

#59 liam-20

liam-20

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:54 PM

Hey this is the item code 230888938022
I can't comment on the quality compared to standard as my Sony unit dint have Bluetooth but I can't really complain about the quality at all.

#60 samtwilliams

samtwilliams

• Members via FB
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:09 PM

I'm sold!

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

5 user(s) are reading this topic

2 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users