Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Heated Windscreen

DanGersFord

Most of my heated windscreen works fine but theres a small section of the glass (annoyingly right in the middle of the drivers side) that doesnt clear the screen when turned on. Is there anyway to fix this short of replacing the full screen? Its a fiesta mk 6

I believe it's a full screen job.

This happened to my mums fusion, luckily she got a non repairable stone chip and had it replaced that way...

Oh well I thought it would be. Ill just need to hope I get a non repairable stone chip :) lol

Hmm my mates got a shotgun :/ im sure I could convince him that there was a pidgeon right on my windscreen haha

Depends how bug the gap is. I thought the same with my Fiesta. Turns out there's just no wiring in the middle of the screen!

Ahh apologies, I didn't read it properly. It's the middle of the whole screen that has a gap on mine. Forget what I said.

Lol no its like literally right in front of the driver

Depends how bug the gap is. I thought the same with my Fiesta. Turns out there's just no wiring in the middle of the screen!

Mines the same. About 1cm wide.

Its like that on the focus too, theres always a small strip that takes longer to demist bang in the centre!!

This strip on mine is about 4cm wide

definitely burnt out/broken heating wires on yours fella...

Better start driving behind lorries on gravel roads ;)

Just watch your paintwork!

Lol its not a majour thing its been like that since I got it. Just occasionally bugs me lol

Hi I have a fiesta with heated windscreen. Is it a straight line down the center of the screen as i have this on my car?

No if you sit in the drivers seat its a straight line about 4cm wide directly in front of you

Sorry im not much help, I do have a line down the centre of myn that is about 1cm but that's it.

Thats apparently normal right in the middle of the screen. As previous posters have said its looking like the heated wires in the section i am describing have burnt out. I'll just need to put up with it lol

Yeah the centrer must be normal, sounds like a new windscreen then :(

Like i said sod that i'll just put up with it and cross my fingers that i get an unrepairable chip in my windscreen lol

Like i said sod that i'll just put up with it and cross my fingers that i get an unrepairable chip in my windscreen lol

Dont tell them its chipped. Then wait till it cracks -_-

sounds like a plan haha

lol like i say im not realy that bothered about it. if it chips it chips n ill sort it then lol

You could try flicking the v's at a copper and let him go to work with a baton ;)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club