If In Doubt Flat Out

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • Name: chris
  • Ford Model: Focus Zetec S DPF
  • Year: 2010

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:40 AM

hi all
after removing my headlights this morning to change the bulbs I found a wire taped up and caped off was wondering if this is for xenons any ideas ?

photo here
http://i1292.photobu...zps2c772a5a.jpg

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 Jay Ali

Jay Ali

Feet Under The Table

• Members via FB
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts
Posted 11 January 2013 - 01:15 PM

If ur lights have been retro fitted then it's ok

#3 jeebowhite

jeebowhite

Resident Loon

• Super Mod
  • 15,311 posts
  • Name: James
  • Ford Model: Sea Grey Mondeo MKIV 1.8TDCi 140ps Zetec
  • Year: 2007
Contributor

Posted 11 January 2013 - 01:50 PM

could be that the former owner 9If its not yours from registration) had LED's / DRL's fitted to the car and had it wired into the sidelights?

#4 gforce

gforce

Too much time on the boards

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts
  • Name: Gary
  • Ford Model: Ford Mondeo ST 2.2 TDCi
  • Year: 2005

Posted 11 January 2013 - 01:51 PM

Xenons will work off the standard loom if it's a fully populated 10-pin plug I think, so it shouldn't be related to these.

As far as I know, the extra wiring and plug are for the adaptive/cornering motors as I had these fitted on my adaptive/cornering projector headlamps as standard on my 55 plate Titanium. When I retro-fitted genuine ST xenons, there was nowhere for this extra plug on them either.

I just notice from your profile it's a Zetec S, but you haven't put the year, so I'll assume Mk2.5 facelift (08-11)?

Haz93 is your man for any xenon or lighting questions on these as I think he's in the process or at least aims to do a complete xenon upgrade on his.

#5 Haz93

Haz93

Serial Poster

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • Name: Harrison
  • Ford Model: KA Mk2 + Audi A5 Cabriolet
  • Year: 2009
Contributor

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:21 PM

Hey yeah the taped up connector doesn't seem to be used on any models that I have heard of. The bi xenon works off the 10 pin loom as mentioned before, as does the adaptive lighting. I think most if the mk2.5 (facelift) models have the full 10 pin loom so if you wanted to upgrade then that's all you need for the lights, but the law states you also need the headlight washers, which can be purchased from ford at around 300/350 and the headlight levelling sensors and control module which will be around 500/600 from ford. All parts can be sourced from breakers and eBay for a fraction of fords prices

#6 renz2013

renz2013

If In Doubt Flat Out

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:29 PM

could be that the former owner 9If its not yours from registration) had LED's / DRL's fitted to the car and had it wired into the sidelights?

hello jeebowhite it's been mine from new mate

#7 renz2013

renz2013

If In Doubt Flat Out

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:34 PM

Hey yeah the taped up connector doesn't seem to be used on any models that I have heard of. The bi xenon works off the 10 pin loom as mentioned before, as does the adaptive lighting. I think most if the mk2.5 (facelift) models have the full 10 pin loom so if you wanted to upgrade then that's all you need for the lights, but the law states you also need the headlight washers, which can be purchased from ford at around 300/350 and the headlight levelling sensors and control module which will be around 500/600 from ford. All parts can be sourced from breakers and eBay for a fraction of fords prices

hi haz

cheers for the info have been thinking about fitting the bi xenons for a while now might wait for it to come out of warranty tho lol it is a fully populated 10 pinthe units deffanitly considering it now

#8 renz2013

renz2013

If In Doubt Flat Out

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 06:26 PM

Xenons will work off the standard loom if it's a fully populated 10-pin plug I think, so it shouldn't be related to these.

As far as I know, the extra wiring and plug are for the adaptive/cornering motors as I had these fitted on my adaptive/cornering projector headlamps as standard on my 55 plate Titanium. When I retro-fitted genuine ST xenons, there was nowhere for this extra plug on them either.

I just notice from your profile it's a Zetec S, but you haven't put the year, so I'll assume Mk2.5 facelift (08-11)?

Haz93 is your man for any xenon or lighting questions on these as I think he's in the process or at least aims to do a complete xenon upgrade on his.

cheers gforce ye it's a 2010 facelift it is fully populated 10 pin think the xenons would look sweet

#9 jeebowhite

jeebowhite

Resident Loon

• Super Mod
  • 15,311 posts
  • Name: James
  • Ford Model: Sea Grey Mondeo MKIV 1.8TDCi 140ps Zetec
  • Year: 2007
Contributor

Posted 12 January 2013 - 03:56 PM

Hi Renz, no problem, in that case, have you had the car in for any work at any point? unless I missed it, is it one, or both headlight looms that are affected?

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users