Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Spare Wheel / Foam

Bashful

This is going to sound like a really silly question but here goes:

I am (hopefully) picking up my new Fiesta tomorrow. Ford etis says "with spare steel wheel" I didn't request one and I haven't been charged for one, is it safe to assume I will get the spare wheel? (Otherwise I'm keeping the spare wheel from my current car)

As you have not requested it I should not count on it. A lot of people want to replace the foam stuff with a spare wheel and you might find they have given the wheel to someone else.

Thank you, I thought that too.

Okay next question then..... If you get the foam, is the space in the boot completely empty, or is the tool pack still there? I've taken my spare wheel out but wonder if I need to take the tools out too

Picked up my Fiesta today and like yourself i'm putting the spare wheel I bought for my last Fiesta in the new one, dont trust the tyre foam

In the spare wheel well there is a grey coloured polystyrene holder that has the tyre foam, compresser, towing eye and fuel filler extension in it

I put all of the above in the cupboard and fitted the spare wheel instead and put the wheel brace and jack in a bag below the spare wheel

Mick, there is a grey coloured polystyrene thing in the well, with I assume are the tools in it - should I take all that out?

How are you liking the ecoboost engine?

Yes, take the polystyrene thing out, the spare wheel goes in the same space. Don't need to secure the wheel as it doesn't move unless the car turns turtle

Getting on great with the Ecoboost. Much better than my old 1.25l. Wouldn't believe it's only a 1.0l three cylinder, wee turbo unit is smooth and quiet. Too dark now but will put pics up tomorrow. Improvements that Ford have made to the interior are small but make it a better place

What Fiesta are your getting tomorrow

Sorry if I'm sounding stupid - the spare wheel fits over the polystyrene thingy, so I take all that out?

I'm getting the Titanium 1.0l 125ps. The one in my pic is my first Fez, currently have a 1.6 Titanium, love it to bits so I hope the new one won't disappoint. Dealers are being a proper pain, I'm meant to be picking it up tomorrow but there's an issue with the Insurance and despite hassling them I still haven't got an answer. My salesman was brilliant but he's off on paternity leave and no one else seems to care as obviously not their deal!!

No problem, take the polystyrene holder out of the boot floor and put the spare wheel in the space it came from.

Had a problem with the insurance myself, because its a 1.0l the drop down box from the insurance company was saying it was a Mk1 or Mk2 Fiesta, didn't recognise the Ecoboost engine or the reg No.

You'll won't be disappointed with the 125 Ecoboost, its everything the reveiw's say it is. Never driven a diesel but know what their drivers are talking about now when talking about the low rev range pull. Would have went for it only its not fitted to the Zetec's.

Sorry, I'm not explaining myself properly, I've taken the tyre out my current car, and under that wheel there is a foam piece with the tools in it - do I take the whole thing out before I get the new car or do I just take the tools out of it?

Sorry, get what your saying now. If the spare wheel is your own just leave the tools in your present car and transfer your wheel over to your new one. New car should have the polystyrene holder and tools in it too if you didn't spec the spare wheel

May be wrong here but don't think you get a jack if the car comes with repair foam.

Well, I took everything out .... just collected the car and it has a spare wheel, now I have 2!! Bf says I should just take the old one back and say he removed it - awkward! :unsure: