Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Replacing The Triple Deck Radio/cd Unit With An Aftermarket Player

David P

Hi folks

There's plenty of reference to this issue all over the net, but I can't quite find a definitive guide. The best one I've come across so far tells you how to get the old triple deck unit of a Mk6 Fiesta, but then suddenly all the advice seems to jump to which fascia/wiring adapters you need. I already have a double fascia adapter and a wiring bit that will in all probability work, but no one mentions the fact that after you've removed the triple-decker you seem to be left with a hole that has two plastic bars running across it.

Now, I haven't started digging into the dashboard on my daughters car yet, so maybe I'm barking up the wrong tree and all will become obvious should I take it apart, but it seems that there are two options: Hacksaw the blighters off (eek!) or get a whole new fascia. I've seen pictures of completed jobs so I know it's possible. I think I've also seen a picture of a replacement whole fascia that is sold to take a satnav that will do the job, but that could have been a dream.

To be honest I'll probably chicken out and get someone else to fit it, but I'd like to know how it's achieved. I'm sure the stupidity of this question will cause understandable hilarity, but humour me and if the winning advice comes from someone who lives near Beckenham I'll buy them a pint (I think I'm safe there).

Best wishes.

I did this and fitted the adaptor etc and you do have to hacksaw the bars off but I ended up buying the proper single din adaptor and fascia and its well worth it. It looks a million times better. You just need to be carefull with the heater/blower position controls as the can be quite tricky to get back into position when you're reasembling the center console. If you open the glove box theres screws you need to remove to get the fascia of and also theres a plastic panel under the steering wheel that you need to remove to get other screws.

Links the the proper bits if you want to do it properly: http://www.fordpartsuk.com/shop/ford_fiesta_mk6_din_bezel_radio_mounting_kit_f_1222161_c_325.htm

http://www.fordpartsuk.com/shop/ford_fiesta_mk6_single_din_satnav_radio_bezel_rhd_f_1148612_c_325.htm

If you need any help when your doing it feel free to ask ill post a couple of pictures of what it looks like when done properly when I get in the house. I painted all the fascia etc before I fittted it

Thats it with the proper fascia/single din adaptor. Obviously you dont have to paint yours blue that was just my own personal preference :). post-37948-0-08862200-1358027943_thumb.j

Well thank you Daniel.

All is now crystal clear and I've booked it into my local audio place who seemed knowledgeable enough. Hacksaw it is. And thank you for not insisting that I have that blue paint job.

Cheers!

No need for the sarcasm I was just offering a reply to your question. Wont bother next time

Oh dear Daniel

Which bit was I being sarcastic about? The blue paint job? Just picking up on your original light hearted comment about the same. Remember? The one where you put the little smiley face?

Your reply was genuinely helpful for which I thank you. Whether you bother or not in the future is up to you of course.

• 6 years later...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club