Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Ford Fair 2016: Tickets and stand passes are now available to purchase. More info here.

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bobp

Water Leak Roof Antena

3 posts in this topic

I have a Petrol Focus Hatch 2.0 Ghia Auto 2007 July only 10,000 miles.

I have had 2 lots of water leaks which appear to come from the roof antena. It seems to be when snow starts to melt and the headlining gets wet to the left of the interior light. This causes a few drips to form around the gear selector and sometimes sets off the alarm.

I put some vaseline around the base of the antena which appears to solve the problem in the short term.How can I remove the interior light to examine the antena fitting. I does not appear to just pull out.

Also my fuel consumption averages only 32/33 MPG and if I drive any lighter with my right foot I will be holding up traffic. My driving is mainly A roads and I rarely ever drive in town.

All advice welcomed!

Firstly the courtesy light should just prise out with a screwdriver.

Your consumption sounds about right for a 2.0litre auto vehicle. Automatics are notoriously heavy on fuel, I'd suggest you're doing well at 33mpg.

Thanks a lot. I will have another go at removing the light.

BobP