Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk 5 3Dr, Drivers Side Door Central Locking Not Working After Door Card Replacement

mrc2901

Hi Guys,

My girlfriend has a 2001 Mk 5 3dr fiesta, I had to replace a broken wing mirror, so took the door card off to access the screws which release the wing mirror. Replace that, all was sound.

Put the door card back on, screwed it into place, banged all the clips back into place, but now the central locking on her car makes the locking noise, but then makes it again (to say either a door is open or something blocking the lock) therefore it won't lock.

Weird thing is if you get inside the car, shut the door and push the handle in, all the doors lock fine. Equally if you lock the car from the passenger side, it does the same noise, but if you hold the key turned in the lock position it magically locks the car.

Anyone had anything like this? Itook the door card off 2/3 times to make sure nothing was jamming or in the way of the central locking mechanism.... boot and other door definatley shut so it's not them...

Thanks,

Matt

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club