Dan The Gas Man

• FOC Supporters
  • 3,498 posts
  • Name: Daniel
  • Ford Model: Fiesta ST3
  • Year: 2014
Contributor

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:16 AM

I enjoy coming onto this forum both for advice and to give out advice from my own experiences. Over the last couple of years I've started modifying my car and I'm realy enjoying doing it so i think it would possibly be a good idea to add a section of the site specifically to discuss modifications/ideas etc for people looking for inspiration or help when doing their own projects. Obviously there's alot of people who have already had experience doing modifications and others who like myself have only recently started and i think alot of people would find it usefull and interesting? Obviously I know the site has limitations and i dont know if this is possible but just a small inquiry :)

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 9,693 posts
  • Name: Leonard
  • Ford Model: Focus ZetecS
  • Year: 2010
Contributor

Posted 13 January 2013 - 01:46 AM

I enjoy coming onto this forum both for advice and to give out advice from my own experiences. Over the last couple of years I've started modifying my car and I'm realy enjoying doing it so i think it would possibly be a good idea to add a section of the site specifically to discuss modifications/ideas etc for people looking for inspiration or help when doing their own projects. Obviously there's alot of people who have already had experience doing modifications and others who like myself have only recently started and i think alot of people would find it usefull and interesting? Obviously I know the site has limitations and i dont know if this is possible but just a small inquiry :)

Sounds good mate,
Id surley post a few things in to it if possible,
Plus ive been intending to create a build thread showing my car from 2010 to today and updated then onwards.

#3 DanGersFord

DanGersFord

Dan The Gas Man

• FOC Supporters
  • 3,498 posts
Contributor

Posted 13 January 2013 - 02:10 AM

I know me too. Ive been trying to create albums so I can show my car when I first got it and what ive done to it etc. I think mods are an on going thing for alot of people as different things go in and out of style. Itd also be good for people lookong to get specific parts etc I dont know how many hours ive spent trawling the web for a certain thing for my car which someone else might have got before and been able to give me a nudge in the right direction

#4 jeebowhite

jeebowhite

Resident Loon

• Super Mod
  • 17,078 posts
  • Name: James
  • Ford Model: Sea Grey Mondeo MKIV 1.8TDCi 140ps Zetec
  • Year: 2007
Contributor

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:24 AM

It's a great idea, but for now might be worth starting a modified motor thread under that section, it's an idea I had laid in bed last night, having a sub forum of mods per mk per model then you can post links and reviews to third parties or links to a how to guide you have done with that mod...

#5 DanGersFord

DanGersFord

Dan The Gas Man

• FOC Supporters
  • 3,498 posts
Contributor

Posted 13 January 2013 - 10:05 AM

Its certainly something id be interested in even if its different car to mine. If you were going to do sub forums though id maybe do it like fiesta, focus, mondeo etc rather than going into specific models ie mk1-mk 7 fiesta

#6 jeebowhite

jeebowhite

Resident Loon

• Super Mod
  • 17,078 posts
  • Name: James
  • Ford Model: Sea Grey Mondeo MKIV 1.8TDCi 140ps Zetec
  • Year: 2007
Contributor

Posted 13 January 2013 - 10:52 AM

I thought that, but a compromise I suppose would be (as you say DanGers) having the section under Fiesta Focus etc, and put all the guides in there, perhaps have a filter / subfolder where you can put a link directly to your post in the overall folder, so you get the best of both (all in one place to browse but specific browsing also)?

#7 DanGersFord

DanGersFord

Dan The Gas Man

• FOC Supporters
  • 3,498 posts
Contributor

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:34 AM

Sounds good to me :) maybe have just a general section to post pictures of ongoing or finished articles :)

#8 Mark M.K

Mark M.K

FOC Supporter

• FOC Supporters
  • 1,467 posts
  • Ford Model: 1.6 Fiesta Titanium
  • Year: 2010

Posted 13 January 2013 - 07:59 PM

It's a great idea, but for now might be worth starting a modified motor thread under that section, it's an idea I had laid in bed last night, having a sub forum of mods per mk per model then you can post links and reviews to third parties or links to a how to guide you have done with that mod...

One thing we will be doing in the near future is to add some sub forums for the MK of the car, such as fiesta MK 5,6 and 7. We would then move all topics (as best we can) to the new sub forums. That way people will be able to find ideas/questions on the year of their car that little bit quicker.

#9 DanGersFord

DanGersFord

Dan The Gas Man

• FOC Supporters
  • 3,498 posts
Contributor

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:05 PM

Thats good :) you done any mods to your titanium mark?

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users