Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

What Does Everybody Do As Job?

martyntdci

I'm not that flush. ;)

One of my brothers in law is a gas safe registered heating engineer and plumber so he's doing trade price but it still isn't a cheap job, glad I'm not paying full whack.

Ive never met a policeman whos short of a bob or two ;) lol I remember I was working in a cheif inspectors house when I was an apprentice and the place was like a flippin mansion!

And stoney, get the to insulate your radiator/water pipes underneath the floor because if they dont and you get a burst pipe for example and your ceiling caves in, your home insurance wont pay out. Plus it all increases the effiency even if only a little bit but every little helps with the price of gas these days

An Inspector earns about twice what i do, I'm just a lowly PC.

The job will be done properly, my missus has nominated herself as project manager and won't stand for a half job.

I was only saying because alot of installers dont fit the insulation amd a lot of people dont realise that their insurance wouldnt pay out foe that kind of situation until its too late :)

I'll make sure that the project manager is duly advised, thanks for the pointers.

I work for a sign company called lofthus signs currently I am working between sign manufacture and vinyl hopefully progressing onto vehicle application and wrapping and I have also worked a router machine called an axyz 4008 and also spent a year in installation and also as an engraver

I work for a breakers as my job, but I also go around schools with my Serval and do talks on conservation and such. I'm also a full time University student :P

I work for a breakers as my job, but I also go around schools with my Serval and do talks on conservation and such. I'm also a full time University student :P

you better watch as people might start asking you for parts ;-)

And stoney, get the to insulate your radiator/water pipes underneath the floor because if they dont and you get a burst pipe for example and your ceiling caves in, your home insurance wont pay out. Plus it all increases the effiency even if only a little bit but every little helps with the price of gas these days

To conform with the regs, any pipe work outside the heated area must be insulated anyway

To conform with the regs, any pipe work outside the heated area must be insulated anyway

Not alot of installers bother too much with Part L regs except for fitting TRVs/ A rated boiler. And ive only came across a few who insulate pipes under the floor. Your best bet is to use pipes that are already insulated

Not alot of installers bother too much with Part L regs except for fitting TRVs/ A rated boiler. And ive only came across a few who insulate pipes under the floor. Your best bet is to use pipes that are already insulated

typical cutting corners to make more money then and not really getting the installation your paying for? the slightest thing we do that doesnt conform with the regs gets picked up and made a fuss off - im marine electrical though

typical cutting corners to make more money then and not really getting the installation your paying for? the slightest thing we do that doesnt conform with the regs gets picked up and made a fuss off - im marine electrical though

Its the same for us my company mainly does the council contracts and absolutely every reading/pressure you've noted down etc gets scrutinized. They can pull out any piece of documentation I fill out and go and inspect the job to make sure everything is 100% right etc. Keeps you on your toes lol

lmao i'd do owt for toast..... dont even get a bonus or nowt at xmas....... not even a happy xmas or get off early n il pay you for rest of the day.......

Try working Xmas day boxing day and new years eve. Lol theres always someone working 365 days a year at my company. I was on standby on Sunday and was out working from 8am-11:45pm without a break then got rudely awakened by the phone going at 4am Monday morning to go out to another job-water pouring through a downstairs flats ceiling cause of the idiot upstairs. That kept me busy till 5:30 am then I was back out for work at half 7 lol

Our place works 363 days a year, closed only for christmas day and new years day. Last few years I have worked pretty much every day of the christmas period barr these two!

I work in retail, the only time we close is christmas day and even then they take that as our day off, so we lose out on pay for a day we cant work anyway lol ive done a few long shifts as well for the over time, think my longest was 7am til 10pm. I was dead on my feet by the end of it.

Our place works 363 days a year, closed only for christmas day and new years day. Last few years I have worked pretty much every day of the christmas period barr these two!

what about the quarter day you open then

Quarter Day? now you lost me!

I'm a Remote Services Engineer...basically...We control HVAC and lighting remotely and also diagnose any problems that may happen so that an engineer does not have to attend site. We control most of the met police buildings and also merseyside. Can be an interesting job :)

I'm a Remote Services Engineer...basically...We control HVAC and lighting remotely and also diagnose any problems that may happen so that an engineer does not have to attend site. We control most of the met police buildings and also merseyside. Can be an interesting job :)

Id sit there flicking the police stations lights on and off just to wind them up haha (jokes)

Id sit there flicking the police stations lights on and off just to wind them up haha (jokes)

lmao, i can just imagine that. that would crack me up

So it's you that keeps buggering around with the aircon settings at New Scotland Yard then?

Good!

Might convince the lazy beggars to do their jobs. ;)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club