Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Changing Cd Player On Ford Fiesta Mk5 - Please Help

smartestsmarty

Hello all,

I have a Fiesta MK5, with a factory fitted, CD4050 RDS EON, which basically looks like it comes in three parts, on on top of the other with a space in between.

I wanted to fit an AUX cable but apparently this CD player cannot support AUX, no adapter will work with it.

So I would like to upgrade the CD player to one that works with AUX.

I don't want to use an after market stereo, I would prefer to stick to Ford, I think it looks better when you have a standard radio.

So I am considering fitting a CD6000. However, it appears the whole panel would need to be changed, as my CD4050 as mentioned previously has groves that it fits into, and these don't seem to be able to be removed along with the radio.

A bit hard to explain, but hopefully someone understands what I mean, and can explain to me how I go about changing the CD player.

Thanks in advance.

I'd assume you mean the triple stack radio like this?-

$(KGrHqVHJCME-iF4MvtgBPz9(+7QKg~~60_12.JPG

You could check this out and maybe contact the seller with regards to compatability-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-AUX-input-adapter-interface-in-car-stereo-4050-5000-6000-7000-9000-Europe-/321046088584?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item4abfd68b88

I understand your desire to keep the radio standard but there is this as an option-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Car-Stereo-Radio-Player-FORD-FIESTA-FUSION-FITTING-KIT-USB-CD-MP3-SD-Front-Aux-/181058137592?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item2a27e7edf8

you'll be lucky mate. I know the easiest way around your problem is to just get another headunit with an aux or usb port already in it. I work for Halfords (i know right!) and know how much if a !Removed! the mk5's are to fit though! you basically cut the three strips out.... fun! I'm not sure that connects2 part will be compatible with your fordy stereo, but it's worth a try if you're not up for a new h/unit?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club