Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Zetec S Grill

Andy H Dibley

Hi guys,

Does anyone know if a Zetec-S grill on a MK2.5 will fit on a standard Zetec?

I'm referring to the grill with the two scoops either side of the number plate.

Hey, yes it will, and i wish i could find one as well. I am pretty sure you can put the ST one as well.

Lenny has posted a guide in the guides section.

Edit: Removed link since it was incorrect. Thank you for the info gforce

Hey, yes it will, and i wish i could find one as well. I am pretty sure you can put the ST one as well.

Don't have a Mk2.5 but from what I know the ZS lower grille will be a straight swap (as shown in Lenny's guide linked above), but the ST one doesn't fit, as they're a slightly different size/shape.

The ST upper grille will fit yes, but not the lower one. Might be worth pointing out to George above also that the ST grille you've linked to is the pre-facelift Mk2 (05-08) ST grille. Linked below is the facelift version for clarity, but as said, it won't fit anyway.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-GENUINE-FORD-FOCUS-ST-ST225-MK2-5-2007-2011-Front-LOWER-BUMPER-GRILLE-/160832146887?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item257257cdc7

TDCiST put up a guide recently for fitting the ST upper grille, and I think he's currently toying with the idea of a custom ST style lower grille on his ZS, but it'll take some handy cut and paste skills!

I am indeed toying with the idea...

But it's looking incredibly difficult... As the fins are moulded with curves rather than just thin sections...

You'll be surprised how cheap some parts are from the dealer... I got my ST upper grille for £25... Which was cheaper than some online places!

Hi guys,

Does anyone know if a Zetec-S grill on a MK2.5 will fit on a standard Zetec?

I'm referring to the grill with the two scoops either side of the number plate.

Hi Andy,

Yes it will fit any mk2.5 focus bumper except ST and RS

Ive fitted one myself a few weeks ago.

Thanks for the replies guys!

I really want to do the ZS body kit, but having seen the prices of the parts (link in a thread you posted Lenny) its looking at about £200-300 per part + paint. So instead I'm thinking, just grill, wheels, spoiler and tints. Then if I do become flush with money, buy some of the parts.

Must admit, I really like your car Lenny, a real credit to you!

Thank you for the info too guys, i was thinking of buying the ST one since i cannot find the ZS anywhere, but that would be a baaad idea...

and how nice yours does look also lenny..... i noticed in one of your pics, there is a red vauxhall van...... does this belong to you lol....

Thanks for the replies guys!

I really want to do the ZS body kit, but having seen the prices of the parts (link in a thread you posted Lenny) its looking at about £200-300 per part + paint. So instead I'm thinking, just grill, wheels, spoiler and tints. Then if I do become flush with money, buy some of the parts.

Must admit, I really like your car Lenny, a real credit to you!

Thanks very much Andy,

I uploaded pdf fitting instructions for the front Zs bumper lip splitter and rear diffuser for those who may like to purchase the panels from the breakers. An ST replica is now cheaper than a zetecS kit, you can purchase an ST mk2.5 front bumper from ford for around 170.

And as you may know, it took me almost two years to purchase and fit the whole kit, its a long addictive process lol

Hopfully be lowerd and rolling on facelift st 18's in june.

Your focus will look more sporty with the Zs grills fitted, maybe spray them gloss black and colour code the light browe lines, really changes the car.

Thank you for the info too guys, i was thinking of buying the ST one since i cannot find the ZS anywhere, but that would be a baaad idea...

Hi George,

The ST bumper will fit to your focus. And the ST upper grill will fit.

But the ST lower grill wont fit any other bumper except the ST bumper.

and how nice yours does look also lenny..... i noticed in one of your pics, there is a red vauxhall van...... does this belong to you lol....

Hi Martyn,

Lmao no it my next door neighbours Nissan Primaster.

I used to own a Nissan Almera N16 Saloon 1.5 SXE petrol aswell as the focus, but i work shift now and no need to keep two cars on the road.

Good observation though lol

I swapped my lower grill with a Zetec S one I bought from Allen Fords via eBay for about £40. dont look like they have any on there at the moment though. Looks so much better than the standard grill and in my opinion its better than the Titanium grill as well

Thank you for the info btmaldon. I contacted Allen Ford and the have put an auction for that at 44.95 + 7.95 P&P. They have over 10 available, so if anyone else is interested, go grab one. (don't rush, i haven't bought mine yet!)

In our communication, they mentioned something about a chrome one, and i am wondering if they also sell the German version that someone mentioned in another topic. I did not care to ask...

Hi giwrgos_ath, have you not tried your local ford parts centre for that grill? Will save you the postage fee from eBay!! :)

I have been scared away from comments about local dealers, so i haven't. Until now i try salvage yards and auctions.

I plan to go close to Northampton on other business, so i can just pop over there for a collection.

Your point is valid however, so i can ring my local dealer to find out his price. This is the only part in relatively low price, that i fancy buying from a dealer.

Bought one of these, thanks for the link!

How come Allen Ford seem to sell all the cool stuff?!

On a seperate note, is the honeycomb upper grill an ST grill or a Zetec S one? Thinking replacing mine too.

Bought one of these, thanks for the link!

How come Allen Ford seem to sell all the cool stuff?!

On a seperate note, is the honeycomb upper grill an ST grill or a Zetec S one? Thinking replacing mine too.

Honey combe is the st upper grill mate,

Thinking of going for one myself,

This is the ZetecS upper Grill

Image2473.jpg

Thank you for the info btmaldon. I contacted Allen Ford and the have put an auction for that at 44.95 + 7.95 P&P. They have over 10 available, so if anyone else is interested, go grab one. (don't rush, i haven't bought mine yet!)

In our communication, they mentioned something about a chrome one, and i am wondering if they also sell the German version that someone mentioned in another topic. I did not care to ask...

Please see my lower grill fitting guide and download the pdf version,

In the pdf version is the part numbers for each specific grill so you can go to ford and ask for the part directly.

This is the chrome lower grill.

IMG_20121124_144558.jpg

This is the zetec S lower grill (custom gloss black)

Germany released a latvala version of the grill in 2008 with some chrome rings around the honeycombe sections.

No longer available from ford and very rare.

Image2471.jpg

This is standard grill

Image0479.jpg

As it turns out, i was right to be afraid of my local dealer. They are selling it for £55, while even if i were to buy it with P&P, i would pay £53 from eBay.

Since my annual service is coming up, I will probably check with other dealers as well, to get the best quote.

ask for discount... Every dealer is able to give a discretionary 10%

Agree dave, Yep, always ask for discount, always get it too!! ;)

I know the parts girl so well i get her staff discount!! ;) 20% or more lol!!

Surely as Ford owners we all know our dealer parts people really well? :-P

I'm on first name terms with mine!

As it turns out, i was right to be afraid of my local dealer. They are selling it for £55, while even if i were to buy it with P&P, i would pay £53 from eBay.

Since my annual service is coming up, I will probably check with other dealers as well, to get the best quote.

Im in similar circumstances myself mate,

My ford dealership is 72 miles away from me, and for me to order a part they require cash payment prior to order.

So that would mean me driving a round trip of 144miles to pay for somthing, then drive another 144miles to collect it lol

Its easier and cheaper for me to purchase parts from fordpartsuk.com

Shipped direct to my door and orderd from the comfort of my home.

Needless to say, my dealer always looks surprised when i bring it down for a service and comments on the extra parts, asking where i bought from lol.

Surely as Ford owners we all know our dealer parts people really well? :-P

I'm on first name terms with mine!

As am i fella... But only because i am in there ordering extra bits all the time... My last focus as an almost complete ST170 replica by the time id finished lol!!

I have a 2009 Focus Zetec S upper grill for sale if you're interested.