alexp999

Ford Enthusiast

• 1,572 posts
  • Name: Alex
  • Ford Model: Focus 2.0 TDCi 163PS Titanium X
  • Year: 2012
Contributor

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:05 PM

thats right, original alloys, 58 plate titanium, i did read on here that they are soft
the garage i've used, the owner phoned up and when he was saying all that was wrong with it, he was quite surprised about the shape of this tie rod (i don't know what it is)

it was a fair hole, i see that it's now been filled in by the council.

The tied rod is what pushes or pulls on the wheel hub to turn the wheel when you steer. I would definetly pursue it with the council. Write down when you hit it, see if you can get some pics of the damage (while it is on the garage ramp would be great), and go take a pic of the pothole, even if it has been filled in. (it is still proof there was one).

If you can't get a pic of it on the ramp, without damaging the car anymore if you can, stop the car with the steering on full lock in the direction of the damaged side, that should give you a good view into the arch and the tie rod.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#17 screamer

screamer

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta 1.4 TDCi Titanium

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:14 PM

thanks for the replies guys

unfortunately i'm going offshore first thing in the morning, i'll ask my brother to get some pictures of the pothole and i'll phone the garage to see if they can take a couple of photo's, i know the owner wife very well, so hopefully they'll manage it.

our local paper posted on FB about potholes & i seen the local council replied to it giving out their phone number, i commented 3 times after them saying about this pothole, i know the time & date as i was taking my GF & her pal away out on the wednesday night.

#18 screamer

screamer

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta 1.4 TDCi Titanium

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:53 PM

well, here's the size of the filled pothole

Posted Image

and my tie rod

Posted Image

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users