Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wobbling At 80+ Kph

Markov

Hello, Im new to this forum but I need advice.

Last night there was a snow storm at the town I live, so after I came back from work, I took my girlfriend and went on an empty parking to slide for about an hour or so.

During the night the temperatures dropped even lower, and on my way to work today I noticed a BIG wobble of the whole car at 80 kph. At 100 it was too scary to continue so I had to drag on the highway at 80. On my way back it was okay at 80, starting to wobble at 100 but not getting scary even at 140. The steering has no problem. Mondeo 2.0 TDCi Combi 2003

Any ideas why can this problem occur?

Sliding around on snow you may have knocked some wheel balancing off , i would suggest to have it checked. If it was also freezing you may have got an ice build up inside the wheel throwing out the wheel balance.

Thank you, I think this is the problem too. But I never drove with unbalanced wheels. I will get them balanced first thing 2moro morning. Thanks

get the wheels checked on the balancer as they are before they rip any old weights off that will tell you if they are out before they rebalance them.and if there is another problem.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club