• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 vicki_767

vicki_767

• Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta LX 2002 plate
Posted 07 March 2009 - 06:42 PM

Hi, I've had my Fiesta LX MK6 for about 8 weeks now and the speedometer has developped a problem - its very tempremental and doesnt follow any particlar pattern but every so often my speedometer will drop to zero for a few seconds when im driving. Usually it jumps back up again after about 10-20 seconds but its very annoyng and is making me wary espeically when going past speed cameras!

At first i thought it was a loose conection but when i rang the guy he said there arent cables running to the accellorator etc anymore in new cars and its all done through the engine computer which worries me as i know this can be expensive! Does anyone else have any ideas on what it could be or if there are any cheaper solutions? I dont really want to shell out 50-60 for a diagnostics electrician before knowing if there could be anything i could do myself!

Any help would be much appreciated!!!!

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 SierraYankee99

SierraYankee99

Too much time on the boards

• PipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts
  • Ford Model: Ford
Posted 07 March 2009 - 07:06 PM

Vehicle speed sensor. Not sure how much they are on a fiesta, but varies from 90 to 300 on the focus, depending on whether the garage says they have taken the gearbox out to take the old one out.

#3 vicki_767

vicki_767

• Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta LX 2002 plate
Posted 12 March 2009 - 12:47 PM

Ok cheers :)

One of my mates has told me hes going to check some connection in the top of the geerbox but tbh im just guna leave him to it becasue i dont know much about cars!

#4 SierraYankee99

SierraYankee99

Too much time on the boards

• PipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts
  • Ford Model: Ford
Posted 12 March 2009 - 01:19 PM

Thats where the speed sensor is. They are a common fault on fords

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users