Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Discounted Car Insurance: Owners Club insurance could save you money on your car insurance. Get a quote

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

Ford Car Parts: View All ford car parts by category. Look for Ford Car Parts now!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
vicki_767

SPEEDOMETER PROBLEM!

4 posts in this topic

Hi, I've had my Fiesta LX MK6 for about 8 weeks now and the speedometer has developped a problem - its very tempremental and doesnt follow any particlar pattern but every so often my speedometer will drop to zero for a few seconds when im driving. Usually it jumps back up again after about 10-20 seconds but its very annoyng and is making me wary espeically when going past speed cameras!

At first i thought it was a loose conection but when i rang the guy he said there arent cables running to the accellorator etc anymore in new cars and its all done through the engine computer which worries me as i know this can be expensive! Does anyone else have any ideas on what it could be or if there are any cheaper solutions? I dont really want to shell out £50-£60 for a diagnostics electrician before knowing if there could be anything i could do myself!

Any help would be much appreciated!!!!

Vehicle speed sensor. Not sure how much they are on a fiesta, but varies from £90 to £300 on the focus, depending on whether the garage says they have taken the gearbox out to take the old one out.

Ok cheers :)

One of my mates has told me hes going to check some connection in the top of the geerbox but tbh im just guna leave him to it becasue i dont know much about cars!