Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Diesel Sudden Power Loss Then Stall

bprecey

The NecroPoster strikes again!!

Mwahahahahaaaaaaa!!!!😨😨😨😨

Glad you got sorted though and in all seriousness thanks for your feedback as it may help someone else in another 3 years :wink:

• 4 months later...

2009 1.6tdci. I have exactly the same issue with the sudden power loss then engine cutting. I'm getting to the injector centre and mechanic so I will put an update also to help others. Thanks for this post as I think it will help me also. 

Hi all. Update for you on this. Had my car into fuel injector garage (courtesy of the dealer and warranty) 

2 issues found revolving the sudden loss of power and murdering I've been HAVING with my 1.6 tdci focus 09 plate. 

Fuel filter blockage. Changed new. 

Fuel injector seals. Replaced. 

Car much more responsive. Not had the issue since the changes. Thanks for this post for point of direction in which to take 

Dave 

• 2 years later...
On 1/16/2013 at 1:55 PM, jeebowhite said:

Agree with Martyn, I had this years ago on my 55 Focus Z TDCI, It was a damaged fuel filter housing, it was sucking air into the fuel line, and injecting it to the engine, Vroom Vroom.... Pffft is about the only way I can describe it lol!

This was for me, around 2000 revs, if I exceeded that anything more than old lady gentle acceleration, the car vroomed then poofed!

I have the very same problem in my 2007 1.8 tdci focus soon as you go near 2000 revs you get no power and starts spluttering any ideas welcome if I keep pressing on the throttle I get a bit more speed but like a kangaroo going along the road