Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Door Mirror

Zippy

I seem to ask question after question on here lately! But that's what ya'll are here for, right? :)

So here goes..

I've noticed lil dots down the passenger side door mirror, I know it serves a purpose for overtaking and stuff (sorry I don't do tech stuff with cars, lol) and you're going to laugh now, lol, but is it meant to be there? on the passenger mirror? I was sure I saw a car before and it was on their drivers mirror, maybe I'm mistaken..

So once again, if anybody can enlighten me.. :)

There is a school of thought that it should be on the driver's side but mine's on the passenger side as well.

It's unusual for it to be on this side but it comes in handy for motorway driving / parking etc.

Some of the other guys have thought about asking their dealers to change them over but I reckon they are all like it..........unless anyone knows differently............ :rolleyes:

I seem to ask question after question on here lately! But that's what ya'll are here for, right? :)

So here goes..

I've noticed lil dots down the passenger side door mirror, I know it serves a purpose for overtaking and stuff (sorry I don't do tech stuff with cars, lol) and you're going to laugh now, lol, but is it meant to be there? on the passenger mirror? I was sure I saw a car before and it was on their drivers mirror, maybe I'm mistaken..

So once again, if anybody can enlighten me.. :)

That section of the mirror gives you a slightly wider view allowing you to see more of the road on that side.

I concur with Russ.

It is basically a warning that alerts you that the far away part of the mirror is wide angle and that images will appear further away than they actually are.

I have made this statement without having seen the mirror, but am aware of its application on other cars.

I concur with Russ.

It is basically a warning that alerts you that the far away part of the mirror is wide angle and that images will appear further away than they actually are.

I have made this statement without having seen the mirror, but am aware of its application on other cars.

Yep, it's to remove the blind spot when looking in the mirror. Totally normal.

• 3 weeks later...

Picked up my fiesta yesterday and noticed the asheric glass on the passenger side mirror, just been to the dealer to check other fiestas and it would appear they are all like it, having worked for Britax making door mirrors for Ford and other manufacturers none of them fitted Aspheric glass to the passenger side of the vehicle, the intent of aspheric glass is to change the angle of the glass passed the dotted line to aid seeing vehicles overtaking you, so very confusing, wonder whether this is an oversite by ford, dont suppose the dealer will know.

That makes sense. It appears that Ford has forgotten to adapt the mirrors for RHD cars. I doubt it can be swapped. Hope they have changed it before I get my car on te 19th Apr.

That makes sense. It appears that Ford has forgotten to adapt the mirrors for RHD cars. I doubt it can be swapped. Hope they have changed it before I get my car on te 19th Apr.

further info:-

Spoke to ford this morning re the aspheric mirror being on the passenger side, they have told me that it is correct and is fitted on that side as they are required to meet legal field of vision requirements, that they cannot achieve without fitting aspheric glass to the passenger side, where the portion of glass after the dots is at a different angle and makes the mirror legal.....

Ive always had a blind spot bit on my drivers mirror so was very syrprised to see it only on the passenger side, means I have to look over my shoulder more now!!!!!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club