Do Not Sell My Personal Information

A Few Issues

jamjam80

Hi All

I have recently purchased an 11 plate mk 7 Fiesta Edge 1.25 from a Ford dealership.

Now i've had the vehicle 3 weeks and have started to notice a few issues, can anyone let me know if these are serious issues or just common problems, I have it booked to go back into a ford garage soon so I will get them to check them all out.

1) passanger side door rubber trim coming unstuck

2) Gear box click, everytime i change gear i get a slight clicking noise from the gear box

3) Clutch pedal clunk when changing from 1st to 2nd, i can here and feel i clunking noise when i press and depress the clutch pedal, it feels like it clunkc on the biting point (maybe this is just my driving style)

4) Fan only works on setting 4, no other settings work

5) Indicator lights do not flash when locking the car remotely, only flash when unlocking

Any advise would be appreciated.

Thanks

Issue 1 is common, get it back to the dealer and use your warranty for all the issues.

Thanks, I've got it booked in for next Saturday (earliest date for my nearest garage), luckily still have 14 months left on the warranty

I always thought "issue 5" was normal? is it not? I didnt realise the indicator lights were meant to flash? I'm guess jamjam80 wont be able to help with this? iNath (or anyone for that matter), are they meant to flash?

Thanks.

Only flash when you dead lock it. Push the button twice

Yeah, I notice several fiesta owners leaving their car without deadlocking it. I often feel like making them aware they should be pressing it twice when locking.

Yeah, I notice several fiesta owners leaving their car without deadlocking it. I often feel like making them aware they should be pressing it twice when locking.

Most peoples will be oblivious to the fact it even has dead locks. They get out the car, they press lock, they walk away. I always dead lock my car out of habit, even if I am only going to be 30 seconds.