Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Car Survival Guide V2! - How Winter Prepared Are You?

b1g_dav3

Those are the ones i was looking at getting.... and forgot to order in time lol!

I know wearing socks over boots works well in snow and ice, so I'd imagine same principle. I just don't like all the faffing and such.

Those are the ones i was looking at getting.... and forgot to order in time lol!

the same with everything else, you buy it when you dont need it haha, ive purchased some now should be delivered soon, im hoping there is some difference possibly boost my confidence when driving, ill report back with a review hopefully with good news

Fair comments above :) Dave, it sounds slightly better the way you said it in your latter post :P

I could do with a decent rescue tool!

If you don't want to be as brave with what I have, look up a 'Resqme tool' I've heard they're decent and fit on a key ring.

They are pretty good and have a window breaker built in too.

Yeah, I saw a review on them and may pick a few up, they're about £10.

Decided to buy 3, one to put on my small pocket knife, one for my keys, and then one that I've tied on an extendible lanyard in the car :P

• 2 months later...

hey guys just an update

i bought some snow socks at Christmas time with the hope of using them, however couldn't build up the courage to go out in the snow, but this last week as you know its been snowing so decided as i know my car more now i put them on and .. WOW ... from someone who was constantly looking for a curb to stop my car sliding i just drive straight on through, they are excellent, im considering buying another set to keep in the car (a new dry pair)

once i knew what they were capable of i took them to various locations and tried them out, including steep hills (up and down) housing estates, carparks, nothing stopped them.

they sound excellent whats the catch? well...

they suggest to travel at speeds of no more than 20mph however i tried at 30mph and was fine (it only increases the ammount of wear with the faster you go),

the cost.. average pair costing £55,

1 last thing is i would suggest getting a set 1 size bigger than your wheel size (14" wheel buy 15" set) this will mean easier removal in any situation

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club