Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Trouble With Car

Daniel Peters

Hi I was driving down a dual carriage way and i misjudged the kerb which was part of the parking section and went straight up it after that my stepmum who is sitting with me as a learner said my front drivers side tyre has gone and she could hear a slight banging sound also the var was leaninbg slightly my god parent is going with me to change the tyre will I have done anymore damage

Hi, get the tracking and camber, track rods, steering rack,front wishbone, hub and suspension checked too.

The rim probably took a good hit too so I'd also get that checked for buckling and cracks.

is it driveable back to mine from my stepmums brother in laws house where I got the car too

If you hit the kerb enough to blow the tyre I'd say no TBH.

I had similar damage caused to my car by being hit by a motorbike while parked and it cost £1500 to sort out.

Not saying that you'll need to pay out anywhere near that but be prepared for unseen damage to the wheel and the geometry on that corner.

I would strongly recommend the car is looked at by at least a recovery company before moving it more than a short distance and certainly not drive it at anything more than 30mph, If there is a geometry problem then any faster than that can easily cause the car to veer off the road.

What speed were you doing when you hit the kerb? Like Stoney said, could be nothing major, but then again could be quite a bit. Call the RAC out or something, chances are you've knackered the wheel anyway so not safe to drive.

could someone tell me all i did was puncture my tyre and i wasn't going fast can I get it back to mine my goid parent who is going with me to change the tyre and sit in with me is really good with fords

When you get the tyre fixed get the guy to have a quick look underneath to see if there was any damage or anything bent.