Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mud Flaps

refdt

has anyone had mud flaps fitted to there focus.

was toying with the idea of getting some but not sure if they are any good or worth the money.

has anyone had mud flaps fitted to there focus.

was toying with the idea of getting some but not sure if they are any good or worth the money.

Ive had genuine ford flaps fitted and they were good, reduced road spray and noise,

But since fitting the ZetecS body kit, ive upgrade to a custom set try NCC on the main forum page they supply ford parts from stock piles for less than RRP.

I wouldn't be without them. They are an easy fit and apart from a couple of push on clips, the other fittings are screws that use the existing screw holes.

I wouldn't mind getting some but they aren't high on my priority list to be honest.

During the miserable months where your either wet, or cold, they are brilliant, help to keep your car clean, cant say I ever noticed a reduction in road noise though as Lenny suggested but I had the mk2 not the 2.5.

The one downside, whenever I drove down a curb (we ALWAYS have to park on the curb on the roadside at home) the curb always grabbed the flap and it bit into the paintwork. I had slight gouges in the body work when I eventually took them off! so you may want to consider this if you find yourself regularly on the curb...

I was thinking of them for that very reason trying to keep all the muck of the side and sills as I tend to use alot of mud tracks but not to sure about them marking tye body and catching when you go over curbs.

Also heard about the clips can be a bit hard to get on.

never had them catch on a curb ,and the clips are not to bad to get on , well worth getting

i just put some unbranded flaps on

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/UNIVERSAL-Ford-Focus-Fiesta-Mondeo-Galaxy-MUDFLAPS-Rubber-MUD-FLAPS-Blank-x4-/190676677458?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2c65373352

That sort ^

they do stop spray up the sides, and for some reason even the boot!

they seem secure enough even just put on with 4 wood screw type things in the arch, iv grounded them out plenty and theyre fine!

Wouldn't be without mine had them on my mk1 now the mk2 clips can be fiddly but its still relatively easy if a tad frustrating never ground them out or caught them

i have these on mine:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RallyflapZ-Ford-Focus-ST-mud-flaps-Mudflaps-Black-/160456672874?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item255bf6866a

easy to fit and align and as they stick out a bit it stops a lot of crap going onto the car. it came with fitting instructions and all the fitting bits. oh, i got them for £30 at Ford Fair.

got ford universal ones on mine they do stick out a bit. plus side they hit the kurb before your alloys do and stop a lot of spray up the sides but have to do a few mods to make them stop on.

i used to have a pair on my mk2 fiesta but not sure they still do them now

• 8 months later...

wouldnt be without my custom set... can be used on standard models aswel as zetec s and the st!!

www.facebook.com/FocusEssentials

definatley worth having especially with the winter months coming!!

only problem i found with eBay ones is that they were not wide enough to cover the tyre width... the ones in the link i posted provide a custom made bracket so that the mudflaps sit out further, covering the whole tyre...

i dont know if the tyrse are different width on standard models? mine is the zs with 17" alloys

i bought a set of genuine flaps from ford they where a bit expensive but worth it imo.

as the winter months set in they should stop a lot of spray and muck on the side and they will also stop stone chips on the doors.

when the salt goes down it will protect the sides a bit to I hope.

so imo worth every penny

I wouldn't be without them. They are an easy fit and apart from a couple of push on clips, the other fittings are screws that use the existing screw holes.

What existing screw holes? I bought a set of those generic e-bay ones (someone linked to above) a while back, and they came saying you'd need to drill holes, cos I saw no ready made holes.

Am I being thick?

the holes where the little black plastic round clip/rivet things are. you push the center out & they remove.just a case of finding the wee center bits afterwards. But I found out the other day that the rivet things cant be used alongside the arch liner as the legs on rivets are too thick to splay out with liner & flaps combined together. Had to use screws from donor car. Original Ford flaps cost me £10 in all(not a mark on em too)