Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Please Help! 2005 Focus 1.6 Climate, Starting, Battery, Rev Counter And Interior Light ???

dcpearce2010

Hi Guys,

New to this forum so thought better say hello :)

Ive been having some unusual problems with my 2005 focus zetec 1.6 climate. Just to start :D

1. Intermittent battery problems / starting problems. Sometimes if i leave overnight and come back in the morning battery is flat as a pancake. there was a problem with the cd6000 headunit that was causing it too stay on??? any ideas??? BUT! i drove today about 80 miles pulled over turned it off and back on within 5 minutes and wouldnt start...the second i recieved a jump it was perfect again....so investigated some more when i got home tried it again 9-10 starts and it started fine...very intermittent and a pain in the backside...

2. The rev counter when you fire the engine sits at 0 for a few seconds likewise does the fuel gage then suddenly pops up to where it should be given a 5 second delay? is that normal???

3. Smallest problem of all :) replaced interior light buld still not working...assuming it will be a fuse somewhere or anyone else have any ideas?

kind regards

daniel

thanks for all your help guys

First of all make sure its the right battery ie it should be a silver calcium battery and not a lead acid battery second have a free battery test done it may have faulty cells in it they will also test the alternator as well if all is okay then you have something draining the battery the rev counter etc the fuel should go up as you turn the key to position 2 the rev counter as you start the engine no real delay .

If its a ti vct climate youll have to go to ford the ti vct resets the cams for easier starting this may not be happening and the solenoid stays powered draining the battery its best to head to ford and have it checked most garages will know little about smart charge tell you it needs a new alternator £300 quid lighter and 2days later you have the same issue

Hey :)

Thanks for reply, i have checked and its just a focus zetec climate dont thinks its the other one you described.

as far as i am aware it has a black battery in it so that could be the cause of the problem? on a curious note why does it make a difference?

when switching the ignition to position 2 the fuel gage goes up, and when position 3 it drops back to 0 and takes 3-7 seconds for the fuel gage and the rev counter to go to idle and fuel level all very strange :s

Thanks!!

The reason for the correct battery is that the smart charge outputs circa 14.5 volts of juice, if a 12v lead battery is in place it will fry it. The last thing you need is electrical gremlins in the motor. as the alternator will start to receive data that there are battery problems, and the ECU will start trying to compensate for issues.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club