Get Your Club gear
    • Share Your Car Experience
      Share Your Car Experience
    • Savings Up to 15% Off For Members
      Savings Up to 15% Off For Members
    • Huge Range of Ford Parts
      Huge Range of Ford Parts

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

PPKing

Painting Alloys?

24 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

Just a quick question aimed towards those that have had their alloys sprayed or know anyone who has, wether you could tell me rough prices as to what professionals charge to do it? I've sent emails to 5 local companies now over the space of 2 weeks, and no replies... So thought I'd come to the trusty forum just so I can start budgeting next months pay packet :-)

Thanks

Now they are hideous lol, yet the people paying him to do it are just as bad! Shouldn't be allowed!

Haha original I suppose lol would certainly turb heads haha

Although I give it to him, there is some decent detailing there B)

Haha who wouldve thought it tartan paint does exist! Lol

I had mine refurbed & painted for £55 each

I had mine refurbed & painted for £55 each

Thanks Nath! Hopefully one of the companies will come back to be with something very similar!

I'm going to get mine done but going to plasti dip them myself, so if I ever get bored of then I can just peel it off

Careful with plastidip on wheels, they can get pretty messed up and need reapplying more than paint. That said, it's peanuts to do it yourself and is easy to get a good finish.

Just looked into Plastidip, it actually looks pretty decent!

I did my old buckled alloy in some that was left over, it's decent stuff and looks quite good, although just remember you'll always have a matte finish which I personally didn't like the look of for my car.

Check this out:

2 coats of Matte Black along with 3 coats of Silver Metalizer to achieve to me a perfect gun grey colour!

That plasti dip does look pretty epic... Quick colour changes and cheap too!

That plasti dip does look pretty epic... Quick colour changes and cheap too!

Would also help protect against the miserable weather right now!

Would also help protect against the miserable weather right now!

It soooo would!! I wan try the pink out!! Lol looks immense! Just YouTubed it :)

I was thinking bout spraying my wheels black, however as a quick fix and alternative having them pink for a while would b cooooool!

It soooo would!! I wan try the pink out!! Lol looks immense! Just YouTubed it :)

I was thinking bout spraying my wheels black, however as a quick fix and alternative having them pink for a while would b cooooool!

If you do go pink then please post them on here, I'm sure we'd all love to see them :P

If you do go pink then please post them on here, I'm sure we'd all love to see them :P

Hmmmm slight mocking there sir??!! Lol I want to highlight my Fez all in pink! Lol like the interior heater surrounds etc.... Loove it!!

Nope! No mocking at all! I just think that it would be a fiesta first on here so thinking more or the unique side of things!

Well you can get them sprayed tartan colour for about £240 lol

http://swns.com/news...an-paint-28907/

lmao

I like that - i wonder if they could do the whole car in your own tartan?

I have a number of a guy in Barkingside / Chigwell area if thats any good to you ?

Hi mate yeah if you could that would be great as I live in Chelmsford do not too bad. Do they do painting on panel work too? If they've got an email address that would be cool as I could send them a photo of what I'm after for a better quote.

Cheers :)

Nope! No mocking at all! I just think that it would be a fiesta first on here so thinking more or the unique side of things!

Hehe.... Hmmm a first?? Maybe that's because no1 else has been brave enough to do it lol I am a little worried the pink will end up looking Barbie-tack.... Lol maybs have white as the other colour instead?! White wheels, black car?!