Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2013 Upgrades

Hassen

Received the new shiny pedal covers today after ordering them from eBay (Chinese seller). Took about 5 minutes to fit in the rain without any tools. Very pleased with them and gonna drive with them on tomorrow to work and then post my thoughts.

IMAG1295_zpsf41353d2.jpg

• 1 month later...

Pedals review:

So far the pedals have performed as expected. No major issues and they do look very nice. Add a touch of class to the interior. Long term use will see how they fare out. Very happy with the purchase and highly recommended as it is an easy and cheap mod to do.

Headlight right sided dipped light bulb died on Saturday after I got out of work. Thought this would be a good time to get upgraded bulbs for the dipped and main lights. After reading a bit on the forums, decided to get a set of Osram Nightbreakers H1(main) H7(dipped) bulbs. Bought them from Team PR Reily, in Kilbarack, Dublin. Total cost: €39 which is a bit less of what I would have paid online as there was a Saturday special deal.

Got a set of dodgy screwdrivers from my father in law on Saturday afternoon and after a quick view of a youtube video, I was able to swap the bulbs out, with much difficulty to take out the screw as the screwdriver I had was totally useless. Next time, I will be bringing my own toolbox to Dublin when I know I have to work on the car.

As for the Osram Nightbreakers, there is a marked improvement in visibility at night with them. On the 1hr drive on, most of it was in the dark motorway and they held up very well. The main lights are now even more powerful than before.

End result, highly recommended and very pleased with my purchase.

Here are a few pictures that I took with the main and dipped lights.

Dipped lights:

6981479e-4f70-48c6-87ca-9315d5c990bf_zps

1b7c0e52-713e-4da0-8f07-17af5930b7a7_zps

IMAG1390_zps2704197e.jpg

Main lights:

14a55ed5-8539-4e51-9908-758cf69953e9_zps

0e139c28-8b6f-4545-a7a8-c407c6338253_zps

IMAG1394_zpsd02be3e1.jpg

Hope this helps anyone who is thinking of getting the Osram Nightbreakers.

Next on the list is to get LED sidelights for the headlamps. Suggestions welcomed. Thanks :)

Looking good mate,

As always though; when fitting new bulbs get your headlight alignment professionally checked and adjusted,

You will then see the maximum potential of your bulbs when they have been fully focused on the road.

Your passenger side beam seems higher than your drivers so you will benefit from adjustment and see greater improvement over standard once aligned.

They can also identify if a bulb is in upside down,

Yes upside down, I thought they were taking the !Removed! but no,

One of mine was fitted upside down by me lol

Didn't realise you could fit the bulbs upside down as they only fit one way in the headlamps! lol.
Sorted out the driver side as I couldn't tighten the screw that night due to not having the right tools. Father in laws toolbox in Dublin is lacking badly in everything lol.

So far, very happy with the purchase. Thinking of upgrading the side lights now to LEDs. I found these ones on eBay. Would they work and be a straight swap?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/360766394126?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Also thinking of upgrading the interior lights to LEDs. Which ones would I need?

• Like 1

Didn't realise you could fit the bulbs upside down as they only fit one way in the headlamps! lol.

Sorted out the driver side as I couldn't tighten the screw that night due to not having the right tools. Father in laws toolbox in Dublin is lacking badly in everything lol.

So far, very happy with the purchase. Thinking of upgrading the side lights now to LEDs. I found these ones on Ebay. Would they work and be a straight swap?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/360766394126?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Also thinking of upgrading the interior lights to LEDs. Which ones would I need?

The T10 you linked there, I've got them in mine over a year now very happy,

Use a flat head long screwdriver to remove the parking bulbs,

Push in the screwdriver,

Gently twist,

Slide it out,

Interior bulbs

Side front interior bulbs and visor lights are all T10

Rear light and centre light I think are T15

Glove box is T10 but I recommend a 12smd pad with T10 plug

Foot well lighting is also T10

And boot Leigh is T10

Cheers Lenny. Ordered them off eBay along with 2 pads. One for the glove box and one for the boot. Can't wait to get it all and fit them in. Realised how useful proper lights are in the car in these dark winter days. Pictures to follow once installed.

• Like 1

Cheers Lenny. Ordered them off Ebay along with 2 pads. One for the glove box and one for the boot. Can't wait to get it all and fit them in. Realised how useful proper lights are in the car in these dark winter days. Pictures to follow once installed.

When you get the pads,

And you have the T10 plugs,

Get some glue, and fill the inside of the T10 plug,

Leave it to dry for 24hrs before fitting,

This will top the cables from moving and causing a loose contact connection.

I had this problem with them before but once the cup is filled the cables don't move and the work 100%

Have you done the rear foot well lighting yet?

Its great for finding the kids toys they have dropped in the dark.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the info Lenny. I got the bulbs delivered this week and waiting for the weekend to install them in the side lights and the interior lights. Can't wait to see the difference inside at night.
LED pad still not arrived yet :(

Came back from work early today and decided to put in the LEDs inside the car lights. It was already getting dark and I didn't realise what I was supposed to do to get old bulbs out. Armed with my trusty box of screwdrivers and my little helper in the shape of my son (He did hand me some screwdrivers to help).

So took me about 1/2 hr in total with some fiddling to get the LEDs working. To be honest, it was quite finicky as it needed adjusting in some of them. In the end they all work and I am very happy with the result. Here are some pictures:

IMAG1415_zps564eb627.jpg

IMAG1414_zpsa1c54a4b.jpg

IMAG1413_zps7333bb05.jpg

• Like 1

I think it's a great improvement over the stock yellow bulbs. Well worth the effort :)

Looks brilliant mate, hard to believe they use less battery

You can fit an extra two T10 in the rear unit if you swap it for a front one with the map lights,

Great for rear seat passengers,

That's not a bad idea Lenny. Might look into that as it does make a big difference. I can't wait to get home later on and swap out the side lights in the headlamps. I got 10 LEDs in the end and they were decently priced, shipped from UK.

Since I got 2 LEDs left, I might tackle the footwell lights for the front in the coming weeks.
Any guides around for that?

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

Passed my driving test today! Woop woop! Should have done this a long while ago, given how old I am now lol

Congratulations on the pass Hassen!

Thanks man :)

Congradulations hassen mate,

I've just processed my forms last Monday after passing my test in June,

Application now has changed,

When applying you need to go in person,

Bring proof of address aswell as a card with your PPS number printed on it,

They wont accept a P60 it must be either a social services card or medical card with printed pps number

You no longer need an eye sight report or photos signed by the garda

They take your photo while your there and its 55euro cash or laser for 10 year licence

They post it out within 2-3 weeks but give you a barcode receipt on the day of processing

For you to show at checkpoints until the licence arrives with you.

Cheers Lenny. Yea heard they changed the whole process. I only got the new credit card type provisional license about 2 months ago for €35! Ragging now I got to pay another €55! Bah, will get it done asap. Just relieved I got it done finally coz my insurance was just ridiculous and I am well over 30 now. Will bring all the required documents to get it sorted. Apparently they have a massive backlog in processing the new licenses at the moment.

So far, I have already been stopped in Tullamore but that's a routine thing here for them checking for Red diesel. Lost track how many times I have been stopped here at checkpoints for that.

Have a good christmas season Lenny :)

• Like 1

Passed my driving test today! Woop woop! Should have done this a long while ago, given how old I am now lol

Hassen, have you driving all this time without a license then?

anyways, congrats mate

Cheers Lenny. Yea heard they changed the whole process. I only got the new credit card type provisional license about 2 months ago for €35! Ragging now I got to pay another €55! Bah, will get it done asap. Just relieved I got it done finally coz my insurance was just ridiculous and I am well over 30 now. Will bring all the required documents to get it sorted. Apparently they have a massive backlog in processing the new licenses at the moment.

So far, I have already been stopped in Tullamore but that's a routine thing here for them checking for Red diesel. Lost track how many times I have been stopped here at checkpoints for that.

Have a good christmas season Lenny :)

You too mate,

I've been stopped for tax&insurance visual windscreen checks,

Never asked for licence even when I had the provisional but I never had L plates on the car so they assumed I was a full licences driver,

Shir those magnet plates constantly get stolen off the car just before checkpoints ;)

All good now anyways.

When I processed mine last week they give me a barcode print out to produce until the licence came through but they did say it would be 2-3 weeks before delivery.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club