1000's Of Fords For Sale
    • Savings Up to 15% Off For Members
      Savings Up to 15% Off For Members
    • Get Your Club gear
      Get Your Club gear

Hassen

2013 Upgrades

129 posts in this topic

Hassen, have you driving all this time without a license then?

anyways, congrats mate

Sal, had a provisional driving license for a while. Also, an international driving license. Insurance was not cheap as a result :(

Lenny likes this

You too mate,

I've been stopped for tax&insurance visual windscreen checks,

Never asked for licence even when I had the provisional but I never had L plates on the car so they assumed I was a full licences driver,

Shir those magnet plates constantly get stolen off the car just before checkpoints ;)

All good now anyways.

When I processed mine last week they give me a barcode print out to produce until the licence came through but they did say it would be 2-3 weeks before delivery.

Got mine done today.€55 euro and they said it might take up to 5 weeks to get my license back! Unreal! Got the same barcode and told to keep it with me if I need to produce it. Good thing is the license is for the next 10 years :)

Lenny likes this

Sal, had a provisional driving license for a while. Also, an international driving license. Insurance was not cheap as a result :(

Out of interest how much was your insurance last year mate?

I've 3 years experience in my own named policy no points, 3 yes no claims and was on a provisional licence all modifications declared and my insurance was 1450.87euro

Now in February,

Full licence on a car twice the power with 4yrs no claims I got a quote of 650.27euro on the Levin :lol: twice the power half the price

I had 2 years no claims last time round with the Ford Focus and no mods at all at that time. Total was I think €880.

That's a huge difference in price for you after having the full license. I really don't understand how they calculate all this. I think a few reasons mine was cheaper was that I was 31, had the provisional for about 6 years, had the international license and my wife was on the same policy. The insurance reduced a lot from moving from my Renault Megane 1.4 to the Focus. I think my first ever quote for the car was around €1300!

Lenny likes this