Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • Name: John
  • Ford Model: Focus 2.0 TDI and Fiesta 1.4 Auto
  • Year: 2012

Posted 17 September 2013 - 09:05 AM

Never had any noise problems with mine and after a week or so of bedding in they don't cause any window problems for me.
While bedding in a shot of WD40 in the runners works wonders.
Window vents do seem to be a marmite thing though.

+1

Regards

John

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#92 Hassen

Hassen

Too much time on the boards

• FOC Supporters
  • 692 posts
  • Name: Hassen
  • Ford Model: Ford Focus Mk 2.5 1.6TDCI 2010
  • Year: 2010

Posted 18 September 2013 - 09:57 PM

I have the Chinese pedal covers and have never had my foot slip since fitting them.
You need your foot to be able to slide around a bit in order to allow smooth acceleration.
You won't regret fitting them, they look great and work very well.

It sounds more and more probable that I will just get that one. It will take about 2 weeks to be delivered but there is no rush. Kinda ruled out the Sparco ones as it involves drilling into the pedal and more pricey.

Any other options out there?

#93 Brigante

Brigante

Resident Ranter

• FOC Supporters
  • 2,431 posts
  • Name: Charlie
  • Ford Model: Focus Ghia 1.6 115BHP
  • Year: 2005
Contributor

Posted 19 September 2013 - 12:03 AM

Regarding the pedal covers, you can actually get them from uk sellers as well so there wont be a 2 week wait. Think i was one of the first to get them

You can also get them in the style of the new mk3 st pedals

#94 gforce

gforce

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 793 posts
  • Name: Gary
  • Ford Model: Mondeo ST
  • Year: Non

Posted 19 September 2013 - 11:28 AM

Love those wheels you were looking at, they're like a BBS CH replica, and I have to say when I was changing the old aftermarket alloys that were on my car when I bought it, I was between these style wheels or ST ones. Just happened that a bargain ST set came up first.

There's a Focus that I've seen many times up round home, that really light bright blue colour, and I'm pretty sure he has them fitted in 18s. I don't know the owner but I've seen the car parked in the same spot a load of times now, so I might leave him a note some day to see if he fancies a swap, cos I love 'em! Will try get a pic next time I see it sure. I must say, I'm an 18s man myself, but I know what you mean about being able to swap over your current 17 tyres and that, and 17s still look well on the Focus.

As for the pedals, I have these bad boys (link below and pic of 'em fitted in my car) and I love them. Like Clive says, no issues with slipping and I think they're a massive visual improvement from standard. Dead easy to fit too as like yourself I wasn't overly keen on drilling holes!

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item338591542c

IMG_0300_small.JPG

I ordered them from China and was happy to wait the postage time, but as Charlie says, they're available from UK sellers now too for an extra couple of quid.

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item4ac2f08995

And I think these are the newer style, are they?

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item3380fafc99

#95 Hassen

Hassen

• FOC Supporters
  • 692 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 08:23 PM

Regarding the pedal covers, you can actually get them from uk sellers as well so there wont be a 2 week wait. Think i was one of the first to get them

You can also get them in the style of the new mk3 st pedals

Uk sellers are asking £10 for posting it to Ireland which I find ridiculous for a small item that doesn't weigh that much. As a result, Chinese seller who is posting it for free is winning so far :)

Love those wheels you were looking at, they're like a BBS CH replica, and I have to say when I was changing the old aftermarket alloys that were on my car when I bought it, I was between these style wheels or ST ones. Just happened that a bargain ST set came up first.

There's a Focus that I've seen many times up round home, that really light bright blue colour, and I'm pretty sure he has them fitted in 18s. I don't know the owner but I've seen the car parked in the same spot a load of times now, so I might leave him a note some day to see if he fancies a swap, cos I love 'em! Will try get a pic next time I see it sure. I must say, I'm an 18s man myself, but I know what you mean about being able to swap over your current 17 tyres and that, and 17s still look well on the Focus.

As for the pedals, I have these bad boys (link below and pic of 'em fitted in my car) and I love them. Like Clive says, no issues with slipping and I think they're a massive visual improvement from standard. Dead easy to fit too as like yourself I wasn't overly keen on drilling holes!

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item338591542c

attachicon.gifIMG_0300_small.JPG

I ordered them from China and was happy to wait the postage time, but as Charlie says, they're available from UK sellers now too for an extra couple of quid.

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item4ac2f08995

And I think these are the newer style, are they?

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item3380fafc99

I really...and I must stress, really like these wheels. Starting to save now for a few bits and bobs for the car and this is one on the list. Found a place here in Ireland that you can trade in your alloys for a new set. And they have the Fox MS007! I keep checking their website to see if the price drops anytime soon. Might have to go in next time I am in Dublin to check it out in person ;)

As for the bright blue colour, I know which one you talking about and it very striking. You should definitely leave a note. I mean, worse thing could be he ignores it or says no.

Just ordered the pedals and will just wait patiently for it to arrive. No rush as the current ones are not that bad at the moment.

This is the one I got in the end. Looking forward to getting them fitted.

http://cgi.ebay.ie/w...em=330845435990

#96 gforce

gforce

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 793 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 08:25 AM

Found a place here in Ireland that you can trade in your alloys for a new set. And they have the Fox MS007! I keep checking their website to see if the price drops anytime soon. Might have to go in next time I am in Dublin to check it out in person ;)

You got a link for this crowd's website bud? Wonder what sort of trade in value they'd put on my genuine STs.

The blue Focus aye, I have 'Aquarius' in my head for some reason. Standard kit pre-facelift Mk2, but they've colour coded all the black/grey plastics and have a crackin set of wheels, looks really well. Always been parked outside a shop when I seen it so might even belong to someone who works in there. Would even like to find out where they got them and how much!

You'll love the pedals upgrade when they arrive, great 'value for money' mod.

#97 Hassen

Hassen

• FOC Supporters
  • 692 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 07:13 PM

You got a link for this crowd's website bud? Wonder what sort of trade in value they'd put on my genuine STs.

The blue Focus aye, I have 'Aquarius' in my head for some reason. Standard kit pre-facelift Mk2, but they've colour coded all the black/grey plastics and have a crackin set of wheels, looks really well. Always been parked outside a shop when I seen it so might even belong to someone who works in there. Would even like to find out where they got them and how much!

You'll love the pedals upgrade when they arrive, great 'value for money' mod.

This is the place I was talking about:

http://www.route66dublin.ie/

That colour Aquarius is very cool. I saw a nice Focus with white wheels and that colour. It did look pretty cool and different. 

The colour coding makes a world of difference. I colour coded the bumpers off my old Megane and it made the whole car look much more 'together' if that makes sense. At the moment, I was thinking of painting the front bonnet lip to match the Panther Black colour of the car. I don't particularly like the chrome on that bonnet lip.Also, the fog light surrounds would be nice, but since the car is black and they are dark grey at the moment, I don't think it will make a major difference. 

Btw, I also would prefer having 18's on but here the roads are not the best in the midlands and I do a lot of miles. Those Fox alloys in 18's would look amazing with a lowered stance!

#98 Preee

Preee

Ford Fruitcake

• 4,099 posts
  • Name: Paul
  • Ford Model: Focus Tit X Mk3 | Fiesta Zetec Mk7
  • Year: 2012
Contributor

Posted 21 September 2013 - 07:18 PM

I have the Heko window deflectors , and there is no noise from them and the window close's fine.

#99 gforce

gforce

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 793 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 09:06 AM

Cheers for the link bud, had a quick look but didn't see anything about trade-ins so might just drop them an e-mail about that.

Haven't seen that Focus yet! The road I was taking for a few weeks there was a detour road but my normal route has re-opened now so I never be round that part of town, but might go on a few reccy missions to see if I can spot it.

I'd def get that chrome lip colour coded ya know...would you give it a stab yourself? There are guides on here I think for removing/refitting it, or wrapping it would be a cheap option as well in some vinyl...carbon or matte black might suit well? You might be surprised at the difference it makes, same for the surrounds and grilles but I know what you're saying about maybe not seeing much difference with the car being black already. I'm in the process of doing my surrounds gloss black...did the rears last wknd and hope to do front surrounds and grilles this weekend. Check out my build thread linked in sig below if you're interested!

Know what you mean about the midlands' roads too! I do pretty big miles myself, and have a trip to Connemara next week which I'll go down through Sligo and stay west, but to be honest any time I have to go near the midlands nowadays, even though I'm comin from the northwest, I tend to go cross-country and down the M1, then cut back across the M4. Far more miles but similar if not less time as the roads are so much better! Had to do Monaghan, Cavan, Longford Athlone, Galway quite a few times last year for work, then back up through Roscommon, Longford, Cavan Enniskillen and home, and the roads really are poor up the middle!

#100 Hassen

Hassen

• FOC Supporters
  • 692 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 09:49 PM

Wow, I thought I was doing a lot of miles here lol. That's way more than I would be doing and you are dead right to take the motorways rather than the other roads. Longer by distance but shorter on time. Plus, it's much better roads as well.

Let me know if you hear anything back from Route 66 even though I think that at the moment, my alloys will stay as they are.

I got a quick question for everyone out there. Do you think that not having the original 17" Ford alloys and having a set of aftermarket ones on the car would depreciate it when I do decide to trade up/sell the car?

As for the colour coding, I found out that I have some left over carbon vinyl wrap at home. I will look into that but would most probably end up painting the chrome bonnet lip. I really dislike it and the more I see it, the worse it gets lol

#101 Hassen

Hassen

• FOC Supporters
  • 692 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:15 PM

Received the new shiny pedal covers today after ordering them from Ebay (Chinese seller). Took about 5 minutes to fit in the rain without any tools. Very pleased with them and gonna drive with them on tomorrow to work and then post my thoughts.

IMAG1295_zpsf41353d2.jpg

#102 Hassen

Hassen

• FOC Supporters
  • 692 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 10:49 PM

Pedals review:

So far the pedals have performed as expected. No major issues and they do look very nice. Add a touch of class to the interior. Long term use will see how they fare out. Very happy with the purchase and highly recommended as it is an easy and cheap mod to do.

#103 Hassen

Hassen

• FOC Supporters
  • 692 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 11:11 PM

Headlight right sided dipped light bulb died on Saturday after I got out of work. Thought this would be a good time to get upgraded bulbs for the dipped and main lights. After reading a bit on the forums, decided to get a set of Osram Nightbreakers H1(main) H7(dipped) bulbs. Bought them from Team PR Reily, in Kilbarack, Dublin. Total cost: €39 which is a bit less of what I would have paid online as there was a Saturday special deal. 

Got a set of dodgy screwdrivers from my father in law on Saturday afternoon and after a quick view of a youtube video, I was able to swap the bulbs out, with much difficulty to take out the screw as the screwdriver I had was totally useless. Next time, I will be bringing my own toolbox to Dublin when I know I have to work on the car. 

As for the Osram Nightbreakers, there is a marked improvement in visibility at night with them. On the 1hr drive on, most of it was in the dark motorway and they held up very well. The main lights are now even more powerful than before.

End result, highly recommended and very pleased with my purchase. 

Here are a few pictures that I took with the main and dipped lights.

Dipped lights: 

6981479e-4f70-48c6-87ca-9315d5c990bf_zps

1b7c0e52-713e-4da0-8f07-17af5930b7a7_zps

IMAG1390_zps2704197e.jpg

Main lights:

14a55ed5-8539-4e51-9908-758cf69953e9_zps

0e139c28-8b6f-4545-a7a8-c407c6338253_zps

IMAG1394_zpsd02be3e1.jpg

Hope this helps anyone who is thinking of getting the Osram Nightbreakers.

Next on the list is to get LED sidelights for the headlamps. Suggestions welcomed. Thanks :)

#104 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 9,984 posts
  • Name: Leonard
  • Ford Model: Focus ZetecS
Contributor

Posted 04 November 2013 - 09:05 PM

Looking good mate,
As always though; when fitting new bulbs get your headlight alignment professionally checked and adjusted,
You will then see the maximum potential of your bulbs when they have been fully focused on the road.
Your passenger side beam seems higher than your drivers so you will benefit from adjustment and see greater improvement over standard once aligned.
They can also identify if a bulb is in upside down,
Yes upside down, I thought they were taking the !Removed! but no,
One of mine was fitted upside down by me lol

#105 Hassen

Hassen

• FOC Supporters
  • 692 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 12:21 PM

Didn't realise you could fit the bulbs upside down as they only fit one way in the headlamps! lol.
Sorted out the driver side as I couldn't tighten the screw that night due to not having the right tools. Father in laws toolbox in Dublin is lacking badly in everything lol.

So far, very happy with the purchase. Thinking of upgrading the side lights now to LEDs. I found these ones on Ebay. Would they work and be a straight swap? 

http://www.ebay.co.u...984.m1423.l2649

Also thinking of upgrading the interior lights to LEDs. Which ones would I need?

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Mods, upgrades

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users