Contributor

Posted 12 December 2013 - 09:44 PM

Thanks man :)

Congradulations hassen mate,
I've just processed my forms last Monday after passing my test in June,
Application now has changed,
When applying you need to go in person,
Bring proof of address aswell as a card with your PPS number printed on it,
They wont accept a P60 it must be either a social services card or medical card with printed pps number
You no longer need an eye sight report or photos signed by the garda
They take your photo while your there and its 55euro cash or laser for 10 year licence
They post it out within 2-3 weeks but give you a barcode receipt on the day of processing
For you to show at checkpoints until the licence arrives with you.

#123 Hassen

Hassen

Serial Poster

• FOC Supporters
  • 464 posts
  • Name: Hassen
  • Ford Model: Ford Focus Mk 2.5 1.6TDCI 2010
  • Year: 2010

Posted 12 December 2013 - 11:26 PM

Cheers Lenny. Yea heard they changed the whole process. I only got the new credit card type provisional license about 2 months ago for €35! Ragging now I got to pay another €55! Bah, will get it done asap. Just relieved I got it done finally coz my insurance was just ridiculous and I am well over 30 now. Will bring all the required documents to get it sorted. Apparently they have a massive backlog in processing the new licenses at the moment. 

So far, I have already been stopped in Tullamore but that's a routine thing here for them checking for Red diesel. Lost track how many times I have been stopped here at checkpoints for that.

Have a good christmas season Lenny :)

#124 salsheikh

salsheikh

Sal_Sheikh

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,550 posts
  • Name: Sal
  • Ford Model: Focus 1.8 Turbo D
  • Year: 2008

Posted 13 December 2013 - 08:53 AM

Passed my driving test today! Woop woop! Should have done this a long while ago, given how old I am now lol

Hassen, have you driving all this time without a license then?

anyways, congrats mate

#125 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 9,147 posts
  • Name: Leonard
  • Ford Model: Focus ZetecS
Contributor

Posted 13 December 2013 - 07:35 PM

Cheers Lenny. Yea heard they changed the whole process. I only got the new credit card type provisional license about 2 months ago for €35! Ragging now I got to pay another €55! Bah, will get it done asap. Just relieved I got it done finally coz my insurance was just ridiculous and I am well over 30 now. Will bring all the required documents to get it sorted. Apparently they have a massive backlog in processing the new licenses at the moment. 
So far, I have already been stopped in Tullamore but that's a routine thing here for them checking for Red diesel. Lost track how many times I have been stopped here at checkpoints for that.

Have a good christmas season Lenny :)

You too mate,
I've been stopped for tax&insurance visual windscreen checks,
Never asked for licence even when I had the provisional but I never had L plates on the car so they assumed I was a full licences driver,
Shir those magnet plates constantly get stolen off the car just before checkpoints ;)
All good now anyways.
When I processed mine last week they give me a barcode print out to produce until the licence came through but they did say it would be 2-3 weeks before delivery.

#126 Hassen

Hassen

Serial Poster

• FOC Supporters
  • 464 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 09:48 PM

Hassen, have you driving all this time without a license then?

anyways, congrats mate

Sal, had a provisional driving license for a while. Also, an international driving license. Insurance was not cheap as a result :(

#127 Hassen

Hassen

Serial Poster

• FOC Supporters
  • 464 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 09:57 PM

You too mate,
I've been stopped for tax&insurance visual windscreen checks,
Never asked for licence even when I had the provisional but I never had L plates on the car so they assumed I was a full licences driver,
Shir those magnet plates constantly get stolen off the car just before checkpoints ;)
All good now anyways.
When I processed mine last week they give me a barcode print out to produce until the licence came through but they did say it would be 2-3 weeks before delivery.

Got mine done today.€55 euro and they said it might take up to 5 weeks to get my license back! Unreal! Got the same barcode and told to keep it with me if I need to produce it. Good thing is the license is for the next 10 years :)

#128 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 9,147 posts
  • Name: Leonard
  • Ford Model: Focus ZetecS
Contributor

Posted 13 December 2013 - 09:59 PM

Sal, had a provisional driving license for a while. Also, an international driving license. Insurance was not cheap as a result :(

Out of interest how much was your insurance last year mate?
I've 3 years experience in my own named policy no points, 3 yes no claims and was on a provisional licence all modifications declared and my insurance was 1450.87euro
Now in February,
Full licence on a car twice the power with 4yrs no claims I got a quote of 650.27euro on the Levin :lol: twice the power half the price

#129 Hassen

Hassen

Serial Poster

• FOC Supporters
  • 464 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 10:25 PM

I had 2 years no claims last time round with the Ford Focus and no mods at all at that time. Total was I think €880. 

That's a huge difference in price for you after having the full license. I really don't understand how they calculate all this. I think a few reasons mine was cheaper was that I was 31, had the provisional for about 6 years, had the international license and my wife was on the same policy. The insurance reduced a lot from moving from my Renault Megane 1.4 to the Focus. I think my first ever quote for the car was around €1300!

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Mods, upgrades

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users