Do Not Sell My Personal Information

First Details Of New Fiesta St Revealed -

FOCA

Looks great from this angle shame its not the case when you see the front

They had to leave it as it is, maybe put led lights in some corners of the headlights, like eagleeyes. Looks like a big mouth car, or a shark at the dentist.

Not a fan really, the old ST personally seems better (goes for the Focus as well). I'd have preferred 200bhp as 180 unfortunately seems a little on the lower side, especially compared to it's competitors, but it'll be easy done as it's obvious why it's at 180bhp (so it doesn't take away sales from the Focus). Problem is even though it undercuts competitors, you may end up spending the same to get it to the 200bhp barrier, so is much saved really? If you want power for money in a new car, unfortunately the Corsa VXR still has it, but then again that is a crap box.

I'd have one if diesel wasn't better suited for my daily needs though, as despite not being as good in my mind as the previous ST, as I don't dislike it, and sat in the car I don't have to look at that horrendous front end myself, plus with a few bits it'll likely shift. That said, if my circumstances change and my mileage goes down, sure I'll consider one.

...Problem is even though it undercuts competitors, you may end up spending the same to get it to the 200bhp barrier, so is much saved really? If you want power for money in a new car, unfortunately the Corsa VXR still has it, but then again that is a crap box.

£365 for a Bluefin to get it to 200bhp.

http://www.superchips.co.uk/search?make=9&fueltype=3&model=2&variant=2544

The offical blurb from Fords:

Engineering/Dynamic Feature

The new Fiesta ST delivers significant ride and handling improvements, through the implementation of the

following features:

New Steering: Provides a quick response on centre and an even quicker response off centre delivered through:

• Short steering arm

• Steering angle is disproportionate to steering movement

Unique Suspension Tuning: Delivers better body control, enhanced cornering and steering precision through:

• Modified front knuckle

• ST unique tyres and unique springs/dampers

• Sporty rear suspension

Enhanced Torque Vectoring Control (eTVC): Provides better traction and less understeer via:

• eTVC applies brake torque on the inner wheel in a curve

• Cornering understeer is further controlled with additional software which leads to the ability of passing

curves at higher speeds.

Chassis

• Specially tuned and sits 15mm lower than standard Fiesta.

Electronic Stability Control

• Three ESP modes by switch

- ESP ON: 100% intervention by ESP system

- ESP Wide slip mode: Allows for a more exuberant driving style with ‘some’ intervention from ESP

- ESP OFF: No intervention from ESP only recommended for professional drivers who are used to

driving without electrical driver aids.

Engine: The refinement and exciting feel and sound delivered by the powerful 1.6 EcoBoost 182PS, 290

Nm peak torque engine, which includes:

• 1.6-litre Ford EcoBoost four cylinder petrol engine

• Combines high pressure direct injection, low inertia turbocharging, and twin independent variable cam

timing

• All aluminium design

• 0-62mph in 6.9 seconds

• 138g CO2

• Sound Symposer: Amplifies the throaty frequencies enthusiasts crave in performance cars.

Bodystyle

The Fiesta ST is available solely in a 3 door bodystyle, will be clearly identifiable through the following

exterior features ( as shown in diagram on page 4)

• Large black honeycomb trapezoidal grille

• Corner winglets

• Large rear spoiler with twin upper air vents

• Twin exhaust outlet

• Red brake calipers and Grey alloy wheels available as an option: ‘ST Style pack’

The MPG figures are quite impressive:

urban = 35.8

extra urban = 58.9

combined = 47.9

ST

Exterior Features Exterior Features

17” Alloy wheels

Tinted Glass Pr

Halogen Projector headlamps

ST Front Fog Lights

Interior Features Exterior Features

Recaro cloth seats

Thatcham CAT 1 alarm

Ford DAB radio H

SYNC connectivity

Manual A/C

ST 2

Exterior Features Exterior Features (above ST)

LED Daytime running lamps

Privacy Glass

Interior Features Interior Features

Partial leather Recaro seats

Rear centre head restraint

Heated front seats

EATC

Keyless start with Ford power start button

For an extra grand, the ST2 looks good value to me.

End of April is when Pumaspeed get their hands on one, and they had the Focus about a month before the public, so a May release looks on the cards.

Looks great, not sure what the ride will be like after it being testing on the track. Tradationally this mean it won't be good. I agree that the old focus is better than the new one

Yeah, it'll probably be as hard as a rock ride wise. Hopefully the new suspension won't ruin it's day to day ride quality.

End of April is when Pumaspeed get their hands on one, and they had the Focus about a month before the public, so a May release looks on the cards.

From Ford:

Dec: New Fiesta ST orders can be placed

28th Jan: Production begins

18th Feb: Gate Release of launch vehicles

March: First delivery of Fiesta ST

Although that's subject to change obviously.

If the RS Focus were to be a 3 door then I might be interested. Not swapping my 5 pot for something that won't sound as good and not much (if any) faster than my mildly tuned and much lighter satsuma..

Don't even get me started on ST225's after the one at work is mint on a Cat B -.-

I'd prefer an mk2.5 ST if honest, just depends on what's available at the time. Ideally I'm looking into a Leon 2.0 TDI, unfortunately Ford don't have anything that can compete :/

:P I'll see, depends on what happens from now until then. If I keep my Fiesta I'll put a face-lifted interior in, bigger turbo, new exhaust, sport cat, larger injectiors, race air filter (possibly), bigger intercooler - then possible ST spec in diesel form, better looking car and what I truly want :P

Saying that, the 2 litre diesel Focus can be mapped to 210bhp from standard, just I'm not really such a huge fan on it. Prefer the Mk2.5.

And another car developed at the Nurburgring, James May will love this!

My only concern is torque steer, I'd be interested to know how well it can actually put down that 180 bhp.

Bleh torque steer, it's 180bhp, get some muscles :P

My only concern is torque steer, I'd be interested to know how well it can actually put down that 180 bhp.

Ford say it's got a modified front knuckle - maybe a cheaper version of the Revo Knuckle the Mk2 Focus RS has?

Ive got about 180Hp (or my car does!) torque steer is not a problem, but traction can be a problem in the lower gears especially in the wet

A Saab engineer/ designer once famously said 200bhp was the maximum you could put through the front wheels, but traction control/ LSDs/ trick diffs modern wide sticky tyres etc have upped this limit a bit

A lot of powerful fwd cars are restricted in the lower gears

Will definitely be buying one. What will the prices be?

The new Ford Fiesta ST will go on sale in the UK in April or May this year, with prices for the ST1 starting at £16,995 and for the ST2, £17,995.

The enhanced torque vectoring control will go someway to helping it get it's power down out of corners. I believe it gets good praise in the Focus ST.

I am going to be investigating this, the more I think about the more tempting the ST2 is, but I need to speak with my dealer as their are conflicting PDF's of the spec, some say it comes with EATC as standard and other's not? Electronic Automatic Temperature Control (aircon with the little display on it).

White of course with the privacy glass rear windows just like my Zetec S :wub: would not buy one until I test drove it though, reading the net some people have pre-ordered having never seen one in the flesh let alone drive it!!

I talked to the owner of the local Ford dealer here, and he confirmed they are getting a ST Fiesta in around 4 weeks time. Due for release in March :)

A Saab engineer/ designer once famously said 200bhp was the maximum you could put through the front wheels, but traction control/ LSDs/ trick diffs modern wide sticky tyres etc have upped this limit a bit

Going off at a slight tangent, we tend to associate powerful RWD as being wayward in the wet. Years ago our local Traffic Police had a SAAB 9000 Turbo. They lost it in the wet one day, was off for 4 months getting fixed, had it back a month, lost it in the wet again and wrote it off.

For an extra grand, the ST2 looks good value to me.

Once again, you are forced to take Privacy Glass to get other desirable items. I hate Privacy Glass. In all seriousness I'd like a new Titanium X, but would only have if Privacy Glass was a delete option.

Going off at a slight tangent, we tend to associate powerful RWD as being wayward in the wet. Years ago our local Traffic Police had a SAAB 9000 Turbo. They lost it in the wet one day, was off for 4 months getting fixed, had it back a month, lost it in the wet again and wrote it off.

The SAAB 9000 turbo is FWD, not RWD (is that what you meant?)

Some of these FWD cars had lift- off oversteer, you need quick reflexes and talent to catch it - i was going to buy one once - but i changed my mind and got something quicker/ better instead (the 9000 is based on the (garbage) Vectra - both GM cars at the time )

One of the reasons ive kept my Ford for so long is i like the way it handles

The Ford Fiesta ST will cost from £16,995 when it goes on sale in April. That will buy you a Fiesta ST1, while the range-topping Fiesta ST2 will cost £17,995.

The Fiesta ST1 includes 17-inch alloys, front foglights, tinted windows, cloth Recaro seats, DAB radio and the SYNC voice-activated connectivity system, which features bluetooth music streaming.

Upgrade to the Fiesta ST2 and you get LED daytime running lights, part-leather Recaro seats, climate control, a high-performance Sony stereo and keyless entry and start.

The new Fiesta ST will rival the new Peugeot 208 GTi and Renaultsport Clio 200 EDC. It’s powered by a 180bhp version of the Ford 1.6-litre EcoBoost engine that can power the Fiesta from 0-62mph in 6.9 seconds and on to a top speed of 136mph.

Both the 208 GTi and Renaultsport Clio will feature more power, but will cost from around £18,000. Unlike the Renault, the Fiesta ST features a six-speed manual gearbox. The Fiesta is also expected to return more than 40mpg and emit 138g/km of CO2.

To ensure that the new Fiesta ST is as good to drive as the larger Ford Focus ST, Ford has honed its hot supermini on the Nurburgring circuit in Germany. The Fiesta ST gets torque vectoring, 15mm lower suspension and a three-stage ESP system.

Inside the Fiesta ST gets a sports steering wheel, gearlever and ST badging. Buyers in the US will get a five-door version of the Fiesta ST, but UK buyers will be limited to the three-door model only.

Read more: http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/ford/fiesta/62389/ford-fiesta-st-prices-confirmed#ixzz2Ic8K6o4Y

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reading this spec list, the ST2 has everything I want off the shelf, bar the keyless entry. I don't like the idea of having to remember to press a button on the door to lock it, I am a bit paranoid and always like to check the car's locked too by trying a door but with the keyless system won't it unlock the car when you do that?

Wonder what the chance of getting £500 of that list price is?

The keyless system can be by-passed by using the button on the remote if you wish. The door will only unlock when you press the button on the door, not by trying to open the door by the handle.