Do Not Sell My Personal Information

First Details Of New Fiesta St Revealed -

FOCA

The keyless system can be by-passed by using the button on the remote if you wish. The door will only unlock when you press the button on the door, not by trying to open the door by the handle.

Ah cool, that's much better then. I just know I would forget to press the button on the door handle! Do the indicators flash when you press the button on the door handle too to indicate it's locked?

Yes, that is correct. It's just like pressing the button on the key, apart from it's on the door. Also on mine, the mirrors fold in. Be nice if the ST2 had this.

Cool, yes, I haven't read that as being part of the spec but you never know. Doesn't seem to offer parking distance devices either as an option?

The SAAB 9000 turbo is FWD, not RWD (is that what you meant?)

Some of these FWD cars had lift- off oversteer, you need quick reflexes and talent to catch it - i was going to buy one once - but i changed my mind and got something quicker/ better instead (the 9000 is based on the (garbage) Vectra - both GM cars at the time )

One of the reasons ive kept my Ford for so long is i like the way it handles

I was indeed referring to the SAAB being FWD, surprised the Police wrapped that rather than a BMW or Omega. The Rover 800 incidentally was a barge, but no handing/roadholding issues.

I read that on overboost, it produces 214lb-ft of torque - 15 more than my focus with the same engine!

If i were to go back to a Fiesta, this would be the model that'd tempt me :)

I read that on overboost, it produces 214lb-ft of torque - 15 more than my focus with the same engine!

If i were to go back to a Fiesta, this would be the model that'd tempt me :)

I can imagine your Focus feels fast - the same engine (with more overboost torque) must make the Fiesta pretty quick

i wonder what the differences between your Focus/ the Fiesta ST is for it to make the extra 15 ib- ft of torque?

I would imagine just a different map rather than anything mechanical for 15 pounds extra.

I thought that too - there is probably a lot of potential in remapping it

So anyone else actually ordered one?

I've had my order form for an ST2 in panther black with style pack & spare wheel in my grubby hands since the 19th Jan and got a good discount of £1631.00 off the OTR price too, from local dealer.

I'm being told it will be delivered 1st or 2nd week of March.

You managed to get £1,631 off the list price? Thats not bad! I'm holding off till i see one in person as im very unsure on it's looks.

You managed to get £1,631 off the list price? Thats not bad! I'm holding off till i see one in person as im very unsure on it's looks.

Take that leap of faith and place an order, I'm confident you'll never regret it. Lol

So anyone else actually ordered one?

I've had my order form for an ST2 in panther black with style pack & spare wheel in my grubby hands since the 19th Jan and got a good discount of £1631.00 off the OTR price too, from local dealer.

I'm being told it will be delivered 1st or 2nd week of March.

Got a call today from my dealer with a delivery date of 7th March.

So that's 37 days, 11 hours, 56 minutes. Lol

But I'm not really counting

Take that leap of faith and place an order, I'm confident you'll never regret it. Lol

A bit like a blind date! or getting married with just seeing a picture of your future wife! :lol:

Seriously i think the looks will grow on you, will "mature" - the more you see it, the more "right" / "normal" it looks

A bit like a blind date! or getting married with just seeing a picture of your future wife! :lol:

What's wrong with marrying for looks alone, loads of celebs do it and ill probably keep the ST2 longer than some of them stay faithful. Lol

Bleh, I'd rather have a diesel :P and not have a facelift >.<

I know i wont have any issues with the car's power, its just that new bumper i really don't like. And the fact everybody will be able to see it when you drive around :lol:

I know i wont have any issues with the car's power, its just that new bumper i really don't like. And the fact everybody will be able to see it when you drive around :lol:

I genuinely looked in to putting a pre-facelift front end on it, needs a new bumper, wings and bonnet, with headlights, fogs and so on. I haven't looked how the wings are attached, but could be done for about £800 at a breakers. Slightly tempting.

Yeah, as long as it's the right colour, bit more if not. Not sure if anything else would be needed as of yet, I'd imagine slam bar and such would be the same, but not seen one in the flesh to open the bonnet up and such.

I genuinely looked in to putting a pre-facelift front end on it, needs a new bumper, wings and bonnet, with headlights, fogs and so on. I haven't looked how the wings are attached, but could be done for about £800 at a breakers. Slightly tempting.

Why don't you find someone with a pre-facelift front-end (in the same color) who wants to "upgrade" to a facelift and just swap them round? (if you follow what i mean) - mabee even make a profit :)

If I wanted a bog standard ST2 in White, what would be the best way to get a grand knocked off the 18k price? What are the best negotiating tactics to use?

Hmm, as Ford have the new price list available for download now, it seems I would have to pay for EATC as it is not standard and pay for White. So how would I get say those for free and then an extra 500 quid off?

If I wanted a bog standard ST2 in White, what would be the best way to get a grand knocked off the 18k price? What are the best negotiating tactics to use?

Hmm, as Ford have the new price list available for download now, it seems I would have to pay for EATC as it is not standard and pay for White. So how would I get say those for free and then an extra 500 quid off?

Go to a dealer and ask them! - the demand may outstrip supply but on the other hand times are hard and salesmen are keen to sell