Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk7 Footwell Lights

raymie440

I have recently picked up my 2012 Zetec S Fez. Having used this site for a couple of weeks to make up my mind on the Fez I came across footwell lights. I checked under the glovebox and under drivers area and I have the holders and they are all wired in, excellent or so I thought. Put in a couple of bulbs and nothing.

Does anyone have any ideas as to why they are not coming on? Fuses etc.

All help greatly appreciated.

Make sure u put them in the right way, I put them in the wrong way round, twisted them and then they worked.

You unlucky if you have put them both in the wrong way around and if the courtesy light on the roof comes on nothing wrong with the fuse as I think they are the same circuit. If you used filament bulbs and not led it makes no difference which way they go maybe they aren't activated

You could always test the metal contacts on the holders with a multimeter if you think the bulbs could be at fault - I did this with mine before buying bulbs to make sure it was going to work!

I have just got home and got the multimeter out. bulbs at fault, can't believe both are out at the same time. Anyway reading 12v at the holders so all is well, tried the bulb from the boot light and hey presto, let there be light! Champion.