Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Running Problems

James04

Hi guys my grandad is currently trying to find the problem on my aunties ford fiesta 1.2 finesse 03 plate.

what its doing is

when it first starts you need to keep your foot on the accelerator or it cuts off. it will only keep running(once you have foot of pedal) if the tempature gage goes to the normal notch.

just changed spark plugs a few months ago and replaced a 02 sensor just today. but its still not fixing the problem. there isn't any diagnostics codes on the machine its clear.

thanks

get the throttle position sensor checked

get the throttle position sensor checked

cheers mate will give it a try! saves spending £270 on a new throttle body if its just that as there only £11 on eBay :)

Could also be a coil pack. Mine had a similar problem when it was starting from cold it kept misfiring/occasionally stalling untill it had warms up then it was fine. Fitted the coil pack and its ran great ever since. Had to take it to the garage to find out which one it was

Could also be a coil pack. Mine had a similar problem when it was starting from cold it kept misfiring/occasionally stalling untill it had warms up then it was fine. Fitted the coil pack and its ran great ever since. Had to take it to the garage to find out which one it was

the coil pack was replaced about 3-4 months back when the spark plugs were done. according to the haynes manual replacing the throttle body or the accelerator pedal you need to reprogramme it is this true?

sorry just asked grandad it wasn't coil . it was the spark plugs and the leads that were changed not coil pack.

idle speed control valve may req cleaning.

given that it cuts out when cold, it could be a temp sensor problem

given that it cuts out when cold, it could be a temp sensor problem

yeah i was looking on google other day and came across it could be that also. grandad is gonna wait and see if he is asked to repair anything else. as she put it into the garage to see why it was cutting out and they told her it was the lamba sensor which was replaced yesterday but didn't solve problem they also said her clutch was slipping but there is nothing wrong with it. there is a few things it can be so will need to figure out which one.

Try taking it to a ford garage and get them to run diagnostics onto it when its cold. The other garage doesnt seem upto much lol

yeah i was looking on google other day and came across it could be that also. grandad is gonna wait and see if he is asked to repair anything else. as she put it into the garage to see why it was cutting out and they told her it was the lamba sensor which was replaced yesterday but didn't solve problem they also said her clutch was slipping but there is nothing wrong with it. there is a few things it can be so will need to figure out which one.

the lambda sensor will have no effect on how the car runs until its heated up

rather than putting it into a garage for them to waste your time and money i would invest in a live data code reader..