2 times back exhaust replaced

1 time calipers replaced

1 time plug cables and coil cable replaced

1 time hand brake wire replaced

1 time rotor replaced

1 time thermostat replaced

1 time lamdasonde replaced

1 time heating element in one front seat replaced

Notice that nothing needed to be done about the rust, shocks, suspension, wheel bearings, radiator,
dynamo, steering, other electrical stuff etc.

There is some rust underneath the doors, but not on chassis, and the parts checked at EU

Control/MOT

I am very
interested in knowing from others if your car (regardless of manufacturer) has
given you less, or more problems than Corsa b in similar time period?

Well, most people in the UK change their cars before 21 years, the winters can be hard here, with salt on the roads, wet summers, many roads are full of pot holes/ speed bumps that ruin the tyres, wheels, suspension, parts and labor can be very expensive, MOT is strict - all contributing to encourage motorists to replace their cars

As an example, some early Japanese and european cars (Mitzibushi, Lancia, Alfa Romeo, off the top of my head) were supplied to the UK without underseal/ rust protection, they were practically rusting on the Showroom forecourt, within 2 years or less they were "rust buckets" , they would have been fine in their home country, but unsuitable for the British climate, you see old cars in (for example) California and Cuba in amazingly good condition = climate

Corsas (used to have anyway) rubbish steering/ handling/ ride, they were cheap cars made down to a price not up to a standard, they seem to be designed by commitee/ bean counters for people that did not like cars (like a product eg, a washing machine or a lawn mower)

If you look and many oif the members on this forum, they are very knolegable about their cars, and very enthusiastic about their Fords, with many modifications / enhancements and persolal touches added - (they are Car of Ford enthusiasts - the car is more than a way to get from a - to b, more than a disposable consumer product, driving is more than a chore that needs to be done)

On top of that, like-for-like, in general a Ford tends to be a better drivers car, often with better steering, handling and ride, and a better build quality (than eg, a Vaxhall or a French car)

Fords are often easier to get parts for and often hold there value or are more desirable in the second-hand market than some other cars

Moral - Even if i had to fix it more and spend more i would rather drive a Ford than a C***a :lol:

• Like 1

Fiesta! Had both and corsas will do nothing but cost you money to put right! Trust me

I agree with this. Had a Corsa D (07) and seriously. Problem after problem after problem. I had overheating issues, head gasket gone, lack of power and countless cracker pipes. On an 07 car? Stuff that, I got an 09 MK7 last Nov and she's still going strong.

:driving: well,, after sorting out the issues ive had, 4x new injectors,(fords) 1x air pipe (fords) (the big 1 that goes to the turbo) a brake vacum pipe,(fords) 4x new glow plugs, (champion), a LITTLE bit of stress she's running like a new car :wub:

while i was having this work done they kindly lent me a ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,wait for it ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,a corsa 2004 i think it was a 1.3 and it made my mind up i can tell you wot a load of :censored::censored::censored: ,, so although im 1700 quid lighter in the bank im glad i went FORD, :)

• Like 1

:driving: well,, after sorting out the issues ive had, 4x new injectors,(fords) 1x air pipe (fords) (the big 1 that goes to the turbo) a brake vacum pipe,(fords) 4x new glow plugs, (champion), a LITTLE bit of stress she's running like a new car :wub:

while i was having this work done they kindly lent me a ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,wait for it ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,a corsa 2004 i think it was a 1.3 and it made my mind up i can tell you wot a load of :censored::censored::censored: ,, so although im 1700 quid lighter in the bank im glad i went FORD, :)

Exactly

Well, most people in the UK change their cars before 21 years, the winters can be hard here, with salt on the roads, wet summers, many roads are full of pot holes/ speed bumps that ruin the tyres, wheels, suspension, parts and labor can be very expensive, MOT is strict - all contributing to encourage motorists to replace their cars

As an example, some early Japanese and european cars (Mitzibushi, Lancia, Alfa Romeo, off the top of my head) were supplied to the UK without underseal/ rust protection, they were practically rusting on the Showroom forecourt, within 2 years or less they were "rust buckets" , they would have been fine in their home country, but unsuitable for the British climate, you see old cars in (for example) California and Cuba in amazingly good condition = climate

Corsas (used to have anyway) rubbish steering/ handling/ ride, they were cheap cars made down to a price not up to a standard, they seem to be designed by commitee/ bean counters for people that did not like cars (like a product eg, a washing machine or a lawn mower)

If you look and many oif the members on this forum, they are very knolegable about their cars, and very enthusiastic about their Fords, with many modifications / enhancements and persolal touches added - (they are Car of Ford enthusiasts - the car is more than a way to get from a - to b, more than a disposable consumer product, driving is more than a chore that needs to be done)

On top of that, like-for-like, in general a Ford tends to be a better drivers car, often with better steering, handling and ride, and a better build quality (than eg, a Vaxhall or a French car)

Fords are often easier to get parts for and often hold there value or are more desirable in the second-hand market than some other cars

Moral - Even if i had to fix it more and spend more i would rather drive a Ford than a C***a :lol:

Actually I am interested in knowing if you know cars that require this less maintenance. I am not advertising Corsa, I am planning to buy another car :)

I never had a problem in finding any part for my Corsa. Very easily, and cheaply available. The parts are much cheaper as compared to Fiesta (1995-1999) as well.

As for your comment "the winters can be hard here, with salt on the roads, wet summers, many roads are full of pot holes/ speed bumps that ruin the tyres, wheels, suspension, parts and labor can be very expensive,". I live in Norway, so neither winter is harsh-er in U.K, nor wet summers, and neither the parts are more expensive (in fact anything) in U.K as compared to Norway! I know that Ford is more "better" to drive, but as I said, I am not here to advertise Vauxhall (which is Opel here in Norway). I am interested in knowing which cars (late 1990's or early 2000's-with reasonable fuel consumption) requires only this much maintenance! If you are trying to say that a Ford (any model) would cost "much" more in maintenance as compared to my experience with Corsa, than thank you for the answer :)

I had a Matiz that was dirt cheap to repair because a donor car was £500? Lol.

i had (well the missus had) a 'proton persona compact sprint 1.5 limited edit' 8 yrs 1 x exhaust 1 x lambda probe 1 set new tyres 1 set part worns, thats excellent for 8 years NEVER failed a mot, :)

BUT!!!!! when you went any distance in it and i mean more than 30 miles :driving: you end up with a shattered spine eyeballs rattling COMFORT??? NONE WOTSO!! so yeah very reliable but no good for the body :)

oh yeah it would'nt pull the skin off a custard, no :censored: wotsoever :)

the smaller corsa should more realisticly be compared to the ka....and corsa win that hands down

bigger engine corsa against fiesta is a close call, think vauxhall are cheaper and easier to repair, but fiesta is a better drive

vauxhalls are better than whats being said about them on here, but from a mechanics eye...their diesel fuel systems are far superior to the ford in terms of reliability, cost to repair/maintain, and a whole lot simpler to diagnose.

Except their electrics are crap beyond belief, that point can't be argued.

I had a Matiz that was dirt cheap to repair because a donor car was £500? Lol.

Hmmm, thanks. I guess that is U.K specific. It is very difficult to find the parts for Matiz here in Norway. The reputable 3rd party manufacturers simply do not make parts for it.

Except their electrics are crap beyond belief, that point can't be argued.

What do you mean? In terms of reliability, or lack of gadgets?

the smaller corsa should more realisticly be compared to the ka....and corsa win that hands down

bigger engine corsa against fiesta is a close call, think vauxhall are cheaper and easier to repair, but fiesta is a better drive

vauxhalls are better than whats being said about them on here, but from a mechanics eye...their diesel fuel systems are far superior to the ford in terms of reliability, cost to repair/maintain, and a whole lot simpler to diagnose.

I think you are right. I have seen plenty of people with good mechanical skills (unlike me, who goes to workshops :)), trying to get a diesal Opel/Vauxhall. Never tried it my self though....

But I've heard that diesal Opel/Vauxhall takes a long time to warm up (give warm air inside the car), which is a big drawback in -20 C here ....lol

What do you mean? In terms of reliability, or lack of gadgets?

Radios that pack up or don't hold their channel/settings memory, wiring that's too short so that when you need to replace things you can't get to the connectors without dismantling half the car, blowing bulbs, heater modules which burn out, window motors which work by themselves, horns that don't work.

Also from experience, engines that seize up after 22k, brakes and clutches going through like nobody's business, seats that wear too quickly and seats with sharp rails under the padding that slice through the foam and cut your trousers to ribbons, seatbelts that jam and won't adjust properly, washer bottles like thimbles, wheel bearings/track rods/steering racks that are like tissue paper, dire plastic interiors, carpets you wouldn't put in a pets bed, pedals that shed rubber pads daily leaving sharp edged metal showing.

I could go on forever but my dislike of Co###s is deep and bitter.

Had to drive one a few years back and tried my hardest to kill the hateful thing, it survived - Just.

accident1.jpg

accident2.jpg

Yes I did that damage, horrible car.

Radios that pack up or don't hold their channel/settings memory, wiring that's too short so that when you need to replace things you can't get to the connectors without dismantling half the car, blowing bulbs, heater modules which burn out, window motors which work by themselves, horns that don't work.

Also from experience, engines that seize up after 22k, brakes and clutches going through like nobody's business, seats that wear too quickly and seats with sharp rails under the padding that slice through the foam and cut your trousers to ribbons, seatbelts that jam and won't adjust properly, washer bottles like thimbles, wheel bearings/track rods/steering racks that are like tissue paper, dire plastic interiors, carpets you wouldn't put in a pets bed, pedals that shed rubber pads daily leaving sharp edged metal showing.

I could go on forever but my dislike of Co###s is deep and bitter.

Had to drive one a few years back and tried my hardest to kill the hateful thing, it survived - Just.

Wow. Thats a shame. It seems that the newer Corsa are not as reliable as the previous one was! I did not experience any single bit of those problems in two decades..

Basically Imho anything after 2003 is scrap on wheels.

• Like 1

got to say, i work on a lot of corsas' and i'll be struggling to find any common problems that you list there.

with that list i can understand your opinion though ;)

i'm not a massive fan of their 3 cyl chain driven engine, but they only become a problem when they are not maintained, especially with regards to the oil..regular changes with a high quality, correct grade and they run sweet as a nut..got one approaching 150k and still doesnt sound like the often heard tin of nails.

My first car was a Corsa 05 plate, absolutely crap, most drab interior ever put into a car, electrics as mentioned where shocking - electric window sometimes worked sometimes didn't, break pads and disc and clutch are crap, wouldn't trust them breaks to stop a trolley.

The engine weren't too bad, and the handling was alright but nothing at all to boast about. Worst car to get, dont know why they are so popular with young ens, but I got one, never again will I buy a Vauxhall.

Second car was a 2nd gen Ford KA and what an absolute delight it was, nice interior, really good handling, nothing went wrong. Dream of a car and that made me like Ford as a company because of how good the KA was!

3rd car Fiesta, now this is the proper drivers car!! had it for 6 months now and still love it to bits, sooooo good to drive, it's just a really good car, mint interior with excellent standard equipment. Really good engine choices, comfy seats, good amount of space in the car/boot, excellent safety features, good visibility. It dosnt get much better than this, you would need to spend a hell of a lot more money for better than this.

My first car was a Corsa 05 plate, absolutely crap, most drab interior ever put into a car, electrics as mentioned where shocking - electric window sometimes worked sometimes didn't, break pads and disc and clutch are crap, wouldn't trust them breaks to stop a trolley.

The engine weren't too bad, and the handling was alright but nothing at all to boast about. Worst car to get, dont know why they are so popular with young ens, but I got one, never again will I buy a Vauxhall.

Second car was a 2nd gen Ford KA and what an absolute delight it was, nice interior, really good handling, nothing went wrong. Dream of a car and that made me like Ford as a company because of how good the KA was!

3rd car Fiesta, now this is the proper drivers car!! had it for 6 months now and still love it to bits, sooooo good to drive, it's just a really good car, mint interior with excellent standard equipment. Really good engine choices, comfy seats, good amount of space in the car/boot, excellent safety features, good visibility. It dosnt get much better than this, you would need to spend a hell of a lot more money for better than this.

Corsa's now are so popular because they're small and 'sporty', not sure what the deal is with the body kit that's similar to the Zetec S, but you see it on practically all of them, with naff 17 inch wheels to go with.

Corsa's now are so popular because they're small and 'sporty', not sure what the deal is with the body kit that's similar to the Zetec S, but you see it on practically all of them, with naff 17 inch wheels to go with.

Fiestas are more popular obviously, but you get a good range of Fiestas from the Edge, Zetec, Zetec S and the s1600 / metal's, + the new face lift.

Newer Corsa's are either shockingly boring (and what is the 5 door about, totally different shape to the 3 door), or shockingly cheap looking with crappy alloys and very very poor spoilers.

The Corsa range is just confusing, so many overlaps and no real difference in spec. You get a sub-par car with a body kit and big wheels, that look like tat.

Yup, that is a big factor for Corsa since a long time. I chose Corsa because Fiesta (1995-1999, and even the facelift 2000) looks horrible. Regardless how well it dives, it is plain ugly!

I'd rather have ugly than boring.

Many a good drive has been had on a muddy chassis ;)

• Like 1

With apologies to the thread starter......I am wondering, since Mazda 323 Fastback (1996-1998) is considered quite a reliable car with good driving experience, how would Ford owners compare that with Ford cars? which Ford cars (models before 2003) beat that?