Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Or Corsa???

ippy

hi all, im thinking about getting a small diesel car for work only to travel to and from not to work out of,

but im torn between a fiesta and a corsa, ive only got about 2k to spend and an old proton to p/x so about £2300, can any1 give me sum advice on which would be the better car for the money in way of reliability, maint costs and fuel economy,

thanks guys :unsure:

I would recommend the Fiesta

If you bought a Corsa then you would have to drive a Corsa :lol:

In all seriousness, the earlier Corsas were very poor cars, very much built down to a price, the build was poor, the ride and handling was bad (just a cheap car)

the lower capacity Vauxall engines were horrible gutless things - the bigger, ones were often a little more powerfull than the Fords (Petrol)

So traditionally the Ford had better handling, better, more comfortable ride, and better build quality (interior etc)

As time went on, the Corsa improved (when new models were released) so the later models were much better compared to earlier ones (The Fiesta is a better car IMO)

Often, you will pay a bit more for a Fiesta than a similar age/ spec of Corsa, there is a reason/ reasons for that..........

I personally still favor the Ford though and would choose a Ford over a Vaxhall (my pesonal choice- after owning a 1.9 diesel Vectra - what a piece of :( )

Fiesta...

I had one as my first car, and it was great. Only thing that ever went wrong was the gearbox, and that was my fault!! (never try put it in gear when you haven't pushed the clutch down!)

I think it will be a little biased view here... I'm guessing if you went on a corsa forum and asked the same question youd get a different answer lol

Fiesta! Had both and corsas will do nothing but cost you money to put right! Trust me

It's a Ford forum, so the answer you will get is; get the Fiesta! but it is the right answer, Vauxhalls suck, just ask JC on Top Gear. :)

just bought this months issue of top gear magazine and the new corsa gets a proper slating in the supermini ratings!!!

Hi mate, I used to have a 01 Corsa C and now own a Mk7 Z-S. I can't rate the fiesta enough. The Corsa was always having some sort of probelm, wether it be the washer motor packing up, brake cables snapping, all sorts. However I really can't fault the Fiesta :)

One of my sisters has a 58 corsa and it's a heap.

Electrical faults, steering vague, gutless engine and a horror to drive.

Only reason she keeps it is because she can't afford to replace it.

I advised her to get a fiesta and she regrets not listening now.

:) well to be quite honest i had my heart set on a fiesta i think it will sit nicely next to the 'monny' 2.0tdci ghia x, rather than a corsa sat there dont you?

cheers for the quick replys

p.s if i show these replys to the wife she might let me spend a bit more :D shhhhhhhhh,, :ph34r:

It's worth paying more for the peace of mind you'll get from the fiesta.

The corsa may be cheaper in the beginning but will cost you more in the long run.

I payed £3000 for a mk 6 fiesta 47000 miles on clock and ive had very few problems with it and they were all covered by the warranty so yeah :)

Definitely a fiesta, corsas are everywhere!

I passed my test in a 54 plate corsa and it was horrible, Last year i had a 61 plate courtesy car to my dissappointment a corsa. Honest opinion is the fiesta drives better, looks better, More comfortable to sit in, bigger boot space, better space in the car itself and better organised interior space with plenty of drink holders (:

• 2 weeks later...

:) well, my fiesta turned out to be a focus 1.8tdci ghia 2003, its got high miles but its got full history last service aug 12, every receipt right down to bulbs, full year mot 6 months tax, so i hope that it will do me in good stead,

there are a couple of things, :blink: the reverse light dont work, ive changed the bulb but nothing, i will try and test to see if there is any power,(when this poxy weather lets up), and there is only 1 key, do i have to go to fords to get another key? and roughly how much are they,

:) but overall im quite happy with it, (at the moment),

<_< oh yeah and i just noticed there aint a jack, :angry: :angry:

Check the reverse light switch on the gearbox and you don't need to go to Ford for a second key.

Buy one off the web, get the blade cut by a high street key cutter and then find a local auto locksmith to code it to your car with an IDS pad.

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item460bf6ab91

Far cheaper than Ford will skin you for.

:) well, my fiesta turned out to be a focus 1.8tdci ghia 2003, its got high miles but its got full history last service aug 12, every receipt right down to bulbs, full year mot 6 months tax, so i hope that it will do me in good stead,

there are a couple of things, :blink: the reverse light dont work, ive changed the bulb but nothing, i will try and test to see if there is any power,(when this poxy weather lets up), and there is only 1 key, do i have to go to fords to get another key? and roughly how much are they,

:) but overall im quite happy with it, (at the moment),

<_< oh yeah and i just noticed there aint a jack, :angry: :angry:

By jack do you mean an aux jack point? If so its an easy fix, I've done it myself. :).

its got an aux jack point i meant a jack to lift the car, but on the way home today i give it a bit of welly it was all fine no probs pulling away and getting up a head of steam (within the legal speed limits of course) :angry: but when i was nearly home the glow plug lite (the curly whirly one) started to flash and i think it went into limp mode cos it wouldnt go over 3000 revs so i took it steady got home switched it off waited a while started it back up no lite flashing and it revved higher, wot could this be? i just hope i aint bought a lemon,

thanks for info on the key i'l look into that when i get this glow plug thing sorted <_<

Tbh I really love Corsa's, sorry but I don't get the hate here? I know this is a Ford forum but there's no denying the Corsa has it's merits, I think people need to step back and just chill. They're amazing cars, up-side down stuck in a ditch.

PMSL!! "They're amazing cars, up-side down stuck in a ditch."

First VXR Corsa I ever saw was up-side down in a ditch, stuck ever since :P

Best place for the hateful things.

Pulled two for speeding yesterday.

Very happy.

nice 1 stoney, where abouts is the switch on the box, do i have to get under the car or can i get to it from above,

cheers ;)

:) :) excellent, thanks m8 i'l have a look at that at the w/end, its having oil service and checkup on fri i might ask my garage if they wouldnt mind having a quick look at it for me ;)

To be honest my 1st car was a 1.0 Nova, the very base model. Went fine, did it have issues, occasionally yes but it was a 7 year old car when I got it and I kept it 6 or so years, nothing major but just annoyances. Then I had a Fiat Bravo for 10 years, again not a lot of trouble till it got on in years, then the niggles got to a point when it annoyed me and it was time to change. The Fiesta's now 2 1/2 and I fully expect it to run for another 6-8 years before it starts to get niggles. Long and Short.. no car is perfect and they all start to have issues as they get older...